Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Playing As Gangplank
- Parrrley applies On Hit effects like or .
- Paying attention to low-health enemies on the map can land you a surprise kill with Cannon Barrage.
- Try placing Cannon Barrage on the path of escape to cut off fleeing enemies.
- Playing Against Gangplank
- Parrrley does a high amount of physical damage. Items that grant Armor can help if an enemy Gangplank is doing well.
- Once Gangplank reaches level 6, watch out for his global-range ultimate, Cannon Barrage!
- Ability Usage
- Trial by Fire periodically charges Gangplank's sword with fire. Basic attacking an enemy unit will ignite the enemy for 2.5 seconds and grants 30% bonus movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Parrrley is Gangplank's core ability, it should be maxed out first. It is a ranged attack that applies on-hit effects and that can critically strike.
- Remove Scurvy is mana expensive spell that heals for a portion of missing health while also removing all crowd control upon use.
- Remove Scurvy's base heal only increases by 25 health after rank 1. On top of that, his mana cost increases by 10 each rank. This is why this ability should only be ranked once, his base healing values are good enough and the only important scaling is the missing health part.
- Powder Keg is an offensive ability that works on a recharge system, storing up to 3 charges at once. It places an explosive barrel at target location for 60 seconds that can be detonated by Gangplank's basic attacks or Parrrley, dealing physical splash damage to all enemies in an area.
- Multiple Powder Kegs can be chained up to create an explosive chain of barrel.
- Powder Keg, combined with Parrrley, can be a devastating farming tool to last-hit minions. If the splash damage last-hit the minions hit, it will grants the bonus gold from Parrrley for each minion killed.
- Powder Keg can also be a game changing ability combined with a critically strike Parrrley against enemy champions. This is because Powder Keg ignores 40% of the target's armor and deals bonus damage against enemy champions. The critically strike Parrrley will splash out the all enemies and apply the armor penetration and bonus damage from Powder Keg.
- Cannon Barrage is a global range offensive/defensive ability that deals magic damage in a large area.
- Cannon Barrage can be used to defend a turret sieged by minions.
- Cannon Barrage can be used in teamfights were damage or crowd control is needed.
- Cannon Barrage can also be used to gank another lane.
- Thanks to the Silver Serpents earned with Parrrley, Gangplank has the option to upgrade Cannon Barrage with either , or .
- Cannon Barrage dealing true damage and slowing enemies by 60% for 1.5 seconds. will add a 200-radius attack in the middle of the
- will boost up allies' movement speed within the area by 30%.
- will fire 2 additional clusters over its duration.
- Mastery Usage
- Gangplank's kit as Parrrley will grants 10 upon hiting an enemy champion. On that of that and Parrrley's both share a cooldown of 5 seconds. synergizes greatly with
- grants bonus magic damage and healing that are undeniably useful.
- Item Usage
- Gangplank can be played as an offensive bruiser built of AD items and some tank items.
- Gangplank, even though might be of use.
is the best starter item for
- is an alternative choice for players who really enjoy farming.
- Gangplank will require either more mana, either mana regeneration in order to farm without trouble.
- Consider buying items such as , , or even if you really need mana.
- Gangplank's kit works well with cooldown reduction.
- Consider buying items such as , , , , or .
- Parrrley mostly. is a really offensive choice that enhances
- Remove Scurvy. will increase the heal received by
- Gangplank is going to try to farm most of the time, prevent that by playing aggressively.
- Gangplank's Powder Keg can be devastating for your team in teamfights, always try to last hit his barrels in order to disarm them.