- Playing As
- applies On Hit effects like or .
- Paying attention to low-health enemies on the map can land you a surprise kill with .
- Try placing on the path of escape to cut off fleeing enemies.
- Early game, do not use your q on minions! Silver serpents are not more important than kill pressure. Run three Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration, one Greater Quintessence of Mana Regeneration and three points in to wear down your lane opponent.
- Use your barrels defensively while you are weak, placing them on top of you or a little behind. Q the enemy at every opportunity and farm with your autos. Its harder to farm, but now you are a lane bully and its very difficult for the enemy to trade back if you consistently landing qs. A great start for this strategy is starting and . An early upgrade of to can be extremely good for staying in lane and scaling.
- Playing Against
- does a high amount of physical damage. Items that grant Armor can help if an enemy Gangplank is doing well.
- Once Gangplank reaches level 6, watch out for his global-range ultimate, !
- Ability Usage
periodically charges sword with fire. Basic attacking an enemy unit will ignite the enemy for 2.5 seconds and grants 30% bonus movement speed for 2 seconds.
- It can be used against turret but with 50% reduced damage.
- It can be used as an escape tool for .
- It will not be applied by .
- critically strike.
is core ability, it should be maxed out first. It is a ranged attack that applies on-hit effects and that can
- It is used to last-hit minions in order to generate gold and to upgrade .
- It can detonate a .
- (+ 100% AD) physical damage. has a 5-second cooldown and a low mana cost of 40 per use. It deals 20 / 45 / 70 / 95 / 120
- portion of missing health while also removing all crowd control upon use.
is mana expensive spell that heals for a
- missing health part. base heal only increases by 25 health after rank 1. On top of that, his mana cost increases by 10 each rank. This is why this ability should only be ranked once, his base healing values are good enough and the only important scaling is the
is an offensive ability that works on a recharge system, storing up to 3 charges at once. It places an explosive barrel at target location for 60 seconds that can be detonated by basic attacks or , dealing physical splash damage to all enemies in an area.
- Multiple can be chained up to create an explosive chain of barrel.
- gold from for each minion killed. , combined with , can be a devastating farming tool to last-hit minions. If the splash damage last-hit the minions hit, it will grants the bonus
- critically strike against enemy champions. This is because ignores 40% of the target's armor and deals bonus damage against enemy champions. The critically strike will splash out the all enemies and apply the armor penetration and bonus damage from . can also be a game changing ability combined with a
is a global range offensive/defensive ability that deals magic damage in a large area.
- can be used to defend a turret sieged by minions.
- can be used in teamfights were damage or crowd control is needed.
- can also be used to gank another lane.
- Thanks to the
earned with , has the option to upgrade with either , or .
- will add a 200-radius attack in the middle of the dealing true damage and slowing enemies by 60% for 1.5 seconds.
- will boost up allies' movement speed within the area by 30%.
- will fire 2 additional clusters over its duration.
- Mastery Usage
- 10 upon hiting an enemy champion. On that of that and both share a cooldown of 5 seconds. synergizes greatly with kit as will grants
- Use your q on your opponent, not minions. Apply kill pressure and trigger with your qs!
- Gp is super weak early. Run , to help sustain. Starting and also helps, and expedites building into or , depending on how the lane is going.
- Item Usage
- AD items and some tank items. can be played as an offensive bruiser built of
is arguably the best starter item for , even though might be of use.
- and are also a starting item option. Gangplank is weak early in lane and cannot all in. This gives great sustain for early lane. A higher level strat on gp is to use your barrels defensively by placing them on yourself and pushing in to turret right away, getting 350g. Back quick and upgrade to . also builds into a quicker while building towards .
- is an alternative choice for players who really enjoy farming.
will require either more mana, either mana regeneration in order to farm without trouble.
- Consider buying items such as , , or even if you really need mana.
kit works well with cooldown reduction.
- Consider buying items such as , , , , or .
- is a really offensive choice that enhances mostly.
- will increase the heal received by .
- is going to try to farm most of the time, prevent that by playing aggressively.
- can be devastating for your team in teamfights, always try to last hit his barrels in order to disarm them.