Chinese Artwork Edit
Skin Screenshots Edit
- Garen was designed by Geeves.
- Garen is voiced by .
- Garen is one of the three playable champions in the League of Legends Proving Grounds tutorial, alongside Ashe and Ryze.
- Garen's old dance is a choreography by N'Sync in the music video for "Bye Bye Bye". A side by side comparison can be seen here.
- Garen's new dance is a reference to Johnny Bravo's "Monkey Dance". A side by side comparison can be seen here here.
- Contrary to popular belief, Garen yells "Demacia!" when using Courage and not during Judgment or Demacian Justice.
- The phrase "Spin To Win!" originated from how easily some kills were obtained with Judgment. The most famous video about it is an animation of Garen spinning his sword to by .
- His ultimate is mentioned in a famous mod, Median XL, in a form of a sacred unique long sword. The weapon is called Demacian Justice.
- Garen is currently the only champion to have his IP price reduced twice.
- After his Visual Update, Garen has become the champion with the highest amount of jokes, with a total of six, surpassing Vi (who previously held the highest amount with five) and Swain and Lux (both of them having four).
- Garen is one of the 8 champions who do not have a single skill that scales off ability power; along with Darius, Draven, Olaf, Riven, Talon, Vayne and Zed.
- Garen's joke and his taunt were changed from the Test Realm to Release. The previous joke was "I know you're in that bush!"
- Garen's old joke was a reference to the commercials, which always end with the line, "You're gonna like the way you look. I Garen-tee it. Get it?"
- Garen shares a quote with Irelia: "Forge Onward."
- Garen shares a quote with Hecarim: "Break their ranks!"
- In Garen's basic skin art he wears a full glove on his left hand and no glove on his right, while on his ingame model he wears fingerless gloves on both hands.
- In his Dreadknight and Rugged skin arts he is holding his sword in his left hand, but in-game he holds it in his right hand.
- Dreadknight Garen is most likely a reference to the class from . His gear closely resembles their gear and he has the typical Death Knight's glowing blue eyes.
- Rugged Garen was originally called "Vagabond Garen", and may be based on from the book and game series, .
- Several of Garen's skins appear to be references to factions from the series
- Sanguine Garen is possibly a homage to the of which their primarch (leader) is .
- Commando Garen is a reference to the .
- Steel Legion Garen skin is a reference to the , and he shares this skin with Lux.
- The weight of the skin is enough to make him not able to somersault forward during his Decisive Strike, instead making him leap straight up.
- Garen and Katarina first fought during a war between Demacia and Noxus. Garen has fought with her ever since, whenever the opportunity presents itself.
- Garen and Katarina were the ones who stopped the inter-city brawl in Kalamanda.
- According to Blitzcrank's "Fleshling Compatibility Service," a dating service made by Blitzcrank, Katarina and Garen make a perfect couple, but are not officially together. Fans have since been joking about their relationship. When he jokes a nearby enemy Katarina, he's trying to impress her with how many push-ups he can do. In the other joke he has a flirty tone in his voice.
- During a Creative Design AMA about Katarina, when asked about the relationship between herself and Garen, RiotRaven stated that they aren't quite rivals, yet have "a romantic connection, from times gone by. "
- The sixth issue of the Journal of Justice states Garen's family name is Crownguard, and every member of his family has joined the Demacian armed forces. His father and mother, Marcus and Lilia, are officials of the legislative Demacian Council. His younger sister Lux joined the military when she was thirteen.
- Garen is a childhood companion of Jarvan IV, the crown prince of Demacia.
- Garen once protected Katarina when she came to Demacia to protest about High Councilor Heywan Relivash's conspiracy in Kalamanda along with Jarvan IV.