The reasoning for Gavid's cancelation was that he didn't fit with the game's artistic theme. Confirmation of his cancelation came in the 2010 Harrowing map skin for Summoner's Rift, where a coffin containing Gavid (along with two others each containing and ) could be seen, effectively serving as the final 'nail in the coffin'. 
- Data extracted from the game files
- Crest of Nature's Fury buff (obtained by slaying the now removed Rabid Wolf on pre-update Twisted Treeline) icon was recycled for the now removed
- icon was recycled for Tentacle Knockup active.
- closely mirrors Gavid's abilities and thematic (except for ).
- Game files from March 25, 2009 show some additional information about Gavid:
- Name: Gavid - The Plant King
- Passive: Vine Generation: Gavid spawns a small vine within a Small Area of Effect at random every 2 seconds.
- Lore: Born into the world as a tiny sprout, Gavid spent much of his life basking in the rich soil near the Demacian Empire, The fertile ground allowed Gavid to grow at an incredible rate.
- Tips: This character is a Caster class character. The role of a Caster character is to damage enemy Minions and Heroes with direct damage spells, abilities, and disables. A Caster character often has a variety of ways to damage the enemy at a safe range, using their large Mana Point pool to their advantage.
- Thorns: Incinerate - Kill em all with righteous fire!
- Animate Thornspitter: Consumes a target vine, turning it into a small ward that fires thorns at nearby enemies. Thornspitter has 200 Hit Points, 2 Armor, Magic Immune. Lasts up to 30 seconds.
- Animate Trapper: Consumes a target vine, causing it to explode into a mass of roots that entangles nearby enemies. Deals 50 damage per second.
- Animate Vitalis: onsumes a target vine to create a Vitalis plant which restores Hit Points every 3 seconds to nearby friendly units. 100 Hit Points. Lasts 20 seconds.
- Entrench: Gavid roots himself to the ground for a few seconds, restoring Hit Points. During the duration, Gavid generates an immediate extra 7 vines, as well as gaining increased vine generation. Additonally, the next Animate Thornspitter, Animate Trapper, or Animate Vitalis animates all vines within a Medium Area of Effect of the target vine.