Announcement made by Hippalus 
'Tis the season for giving, so this Snowdown we wanted to offer you all the opportunity to spread some holiday cheer. In the coming patch you'll be able to buy champions, skins, and RP as gifts for the significant summoners in your life. The gifting center will only be open for a limited time, so be sure to plan your holiday shopping accordingly.
Here’s how to give to a friend:
- Click on the Gifting Center in the store.
- Choose the type of gift you'd like to purchase; you can give champions and skins with your RP, or buy RP to give to a friend.
- Choose a friend.
- Fill in your payment information if you're gifting RP, or select the skin or champion you'd like to purchase for your friend; you'll be notified if your friend is ineligible to receive the gift.
- Add a touch of holiday cheer by filling in a personal message.
Your friend will receive his/her present along with your Snowdown sentiments the next time he/she logs in.
This is the first time that we've offered gifting, so we’ve got a few rules in place to protect your account from any funny business or uncouth shenanigans. Here's an overview:
- You need to purchase any skins, champions, or RP that you plan on giving away: we know that you might have some items in your inventory that you’re not using that frequently, but re-gifting is only classy when Amumu does it
- You can only give to summoners you’ve had on your friends list since early December: we apologize if you’re smitten with a new acquaintance, but for your own protection there’s no adding someone and then immediately showering them in gifts
- You must be at least level 20 to send a gift and level 10 to receive one: gifting is available for two weeks, so if you want to be a precocious gift-giver, level fast
- There are other restrictions on who can send gifts (no banned accounts) and how many gifts you can send or receive per day (generally 3/day): plan your gift-giving needs accordingly.
Now that the fine print is out of the way, let’s get back to what’s really important: the spirit of giving. When the next patch lands, throw on your Santa hat and head over to the store to start your holiday shopping.
Because the Gifting Center was new at the time, it was released on a trial run and taken offline after the event for more work. Lunar Revel 2013 came with a pleasant surprise of its return with new summoner icons able to be unlocked by more gifting. It has been available to use ever since.
Summoner IconsBy sending different types of gifts to your friends allows you to receive certain holiday Summoner icons during their event.
Icons that could be unlocked by gifting a Champion:
Icons that could be unlocked by gifting a Champion Skin:
Icon that could be unlocked by gifting a Lunar Revel 2013 Champion Skin:
- Only new purchases are allowed. Already owned RP, skins, and Champions cannot be gifted
- By gifting a 2013 Lunar Revel Skin to someone you also get the Glowing Lantern icon along with Lunar Revel Urf icon.