Gold per 10, often inaccurately referred to as gold per 5, refers to passive gold generation. Gold is generated every second, but is measured in increments of 10 seconds.
Base gold per 10Edit
Each champion is granted a base amount of gold per 10 depending on the map:
- Summoner's Rift: 19 gold per 10
- Twisted Treeline: 16 gold per 10
- Howling Abyss: 44 gold per 10
- Crystal Scar: 56 gold per 10
Items with gold per 10Edit
Some items grant small amounts of passive gold generation. These items generally do not stack with other gold income items, and are designed so that the gold income can be increased through certain actions. Items which passively generate gold are:
- / / generate 2 / 4 / 4 gold per 10, and more gold for harassing enemy champions
- / / generate 0 / 2 / 2 gold per 10, and more gold for being near minions as they die
- generates 3 gold per 10, and an additional 2 gold for last-hitting minions. This is the only gold income item which stacks with other gold income items.
Other gold income itemsEdit
Masteries with gold per 10Edit
The Greed mastery grants up to 1.5 gold per 10 (0.5 per point).
Runes with gold per 10Edit
Quintessences and Seals of Gold each grant 1 and 0.25 gold per 10, respectively, for a maximum total of 5.25 gold per 10.