|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Gragas was designed by Geeves.
- Gragas is voiced by J.S. Gilbert, Who also voices Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, Dr. Mundo, Sion and Udyr.
- Gragas translates from Old Norse (Grágás) to Grey Goose, which is a popular vodka spirit.
- Gragas used to be the only champion classified as a Mage/Fighter. Ever since his rework, however, his champion classification combination has been reversed and he is now a Fighter/Mage, a common champion classification combination.
- At the time that Gragas was a Mage/Fighter, he was the only melee mage champion. Due to the change, there are no melee mages anymore, although most champions with mage as their secondary role are melee.
- He previously held the title of the "Cask Master", but it was most likely changed due to similarities with Twisted Fate's title, the "Card Master".
- Gragas himself is possibly based on "The Miller" from by .
- Gragas' Ashe and Tryndamere is a reference to Guinness, who have a similar deal. for the Avarosa Iceflow Glacier from
- There is a barrel of wine that possibly belongs to Gragas in the Mac Version Launch video.
- Gragas is the third champion to have 9 skins the first being Ryze, and the second being Annie (which now has 10).
- Gragas' quote "Oh yeah!" is likely a reference to the Kool-Aid Man, as they are both large, round figures who carry beverages and have a habit of bursting through walls.
- His joke may be a reference to Ted Striker's "drinking problem" in the movie Airplane!, as his "problem" is an inability to guide the drink safely to his mouth.
- Gragas shares a quote with Nami: "Have a drink!"
- Gragas shares a quote with Tristana: "Let's get this party started!"
- The spatula in the background of Scuba Gragas artwork most likely belongs to Urf.
- It is a reference to the stereotype.
- It is a reference to , a figure in Western culture who represents the mythological and folkloric aspects of .
- The term Esq., as used in Gragas Esq. means "esquire", which is an unofficial title of respect, having no precise significance, which is used to denote a high but indeterminate social status.
- The bottle from Gragas' Esq. skin says "Gragasse brute". However, in the in-game skin art, the bottle will actually say "Responsibly", possibly a reference to the recurring theme of "Drink Responsibly" at the end of most alcoholic beverage commercials.
- In the splash art you can see Gangplank, Olaf, and Ashe all dressed fitting the Octoberfest Theme. You can also see the glove of Teemo in the bottom left corner holding a drink.
- Oktoberfest Gragas' barrel in his model has the word "Rengarbräu" in it which translates as Rengar-Brew.
- The deer head mounted on the wall in this skin also is seen in his original skin, but is not wearing the classy hat.
- This skin is related to "Fnatic", who have won the League of Legends Season One Championship finals.
- This skin represents Shushei of Fnatic.
- He shares this theme with Corki, Janna, Jarvan IV and Karthus.
- His barrel in this skin is a reference to the Summoner's Cup, with a similar dark silver and blue crystal design
- The skin was inspired by .
- His appearance was inspired by from the " " game.
- His facial features resembles that of Bombur from the Hobbit trilogy.
- Gragas is wearing the Giant's Belt around his stomach, along with a Health Potion.
- He shares this theme with Braum, Ryze, Varus, and Veigar.
- Gragas brews and sells his own brand of alcohol known as "Graggy Ice," and has made a business deal with Singed to mass-produce his product in chemical plants based in Zaun. Singed has also provided some of the necessary hardware for Gragas' brewery expansion plans in other regions as part of the deal.
- He made a deal with Queen Ashe and King Tryndamere to lease the Avarosa Iceflow from Freljord for 9,000 years for the constant water supply to his brewery expansion in Freljord that is constructed entirely of ice.
- Jax is Gragas' drinking buddy.
- Related Themes