- Gragas comes from Grágás (Icelandic: '
') which in turn gave its name.
- Gragas himself might be based on 'The Miller' from by .
- Gragas used to be the only Mage/Fighter champion as well as the only melee mage.
- He is now a Fighter/Mage so there are no melee mages anymore (even though most champions with the Mage secondary role are melee)
- His first title was 'the Cask Master' but was changed to avoid confusion with the Card Master.
- What appears to be Gragas' cask can be seen in the game's Mac Version trailer.
- Gragas is the third champion to have 9 skins, behind Ryze and Annie.
- "Oh yeah!" might be referencing the .
- "The only time I have a drinking problem is when I spill it!" might be referencing
- Gragas shares quotes with...
- Scuba Gragas [ |
- Urf's spatula can be seen in the background.
- Hillbilly Gragas [ |
- He references .
- Santa Gragas [ |
- He references .
- Gragas, Esq. [ |
- He references given to high-class people.
- His bottle reads 'Responsibly' (as in drink responsibly) alluding to his high social status.
- In-game his cask reads ' Rengarbräu' (bräu is German for 'brew')
- Ashe, Gangplank, and Olaf can be seen in the background.
- Teemo's hand can be seen in the foreground.
- The deer head mounted on the wall is the same from Classic but with a hat on.
- Fnatic Gragas [ |
- He celebrates Fnatic winning the Season One World Championship.
- He represents Shushei.
- His cask is shaped like the Summoner's Cup.
- He shares this theme with Fnatic Corki [ | , Fnatic Janna [ | , Fnatic Jarvan IV [ | and Fnatic Karthus [ | .
- Superfan Gragas [ |
- He celebrates the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- He shares this theme with All-Star Akali [ | , Sweeper Alistar [ | , Goalkeeper Blitzcrank [ | , Striker Ezreal [ | , Red Card Katarina [ | , Striker Lucian [ | , Goalkeeper Maokai [ | , and Red Card Twisted Fate [ | .
- He references a traditional .
- He was inspired by from .
- He resembles from .
- He wears the around his stomach along with a .
- He shares this theme with Braum Lionheart [ | , Ryze Whitebeard [ | , Varus Swiftbolt [ | , and Veigar Greybeard [ | .
- Jax is Gragas' drinking buddy.
- If the Avarosan emerge victorious in the Freljord civil war Ashe and Tryndamere will become its new regents and, in thanks for his help, will lease Gragas the Avarosan Iceflow Glacier for 9000 years so that he may brew his Graggy Ice.