|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Graves was designed by FeralPony.
- His real name is Malcolm Graves, as indicated by Twisted Fate's .
- Graves is voiced by Ezreal and Jarvan IV. , Who also voices
- Graves is an answer for all the forum threads calling for a "manly" ranged carry.
- Graves' concept is greatly inspired from the
and the genre.
- His passive, True Grit, is a reference to a and two movie adaptations (One in and the other in ) by the same name.
- Graves was mentioned in the Journal of Justice: Issue 29, where he reportedly escaped from a secret prison owned by CEO Dr. Priggs, who is later seen held at gunpoint in Graves' teaser.
- Graves' ex-partner, Twisted Fate, sold Graves out to Dr. Priggs in exchange for entry into the experiment that gave Twisted Fate the ability to use magic.
- Graves named his shotgun "Destiny", which is the name of Twisted Fate's ultimate.
- Graves' jokes are related to , or humor that involve being funny in the face of, and in response to, a perfectly hopeless situation.
- Graves' dance references from the cowboy dance during a country show. A direct side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Graves is the second-to-last champion to have a League Judgement; the feature was discontinued after his release, but Varus received a Judgement as part of his promotional material by Penny Arcade.
- When Graves is about to crit, his weapon has extra recoil making his gun shoot up into the air out of his left hand.
- The poncho Graves wears in his classic version is likely a reference to the "Man with no name"; an iconic movie hero appearing in a trilogy of classic spaghetti westerns ("The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" being the most notable).
- Graves' gun can be seen in the video for the Mac Version launch for League of Legends.
- If an enemy Nocturne is hit by his Smokescreen, Graves will say "I've got your darkness." or "Who's in the dark now?".
- Graves' quote "I ain't got time to bleed." is a direct reference to the movie  .
- The quote "Knock, knock." when Graves fires a Smokescreen is also a reference  .
- Graves' quote "Dead man walkin." is a reference to the prison slang used for a prisoner's last walk to the execution chamber.
- Graves' quote "Feelin' lucky?" is probably a homage to Clint Eastwood, the actor who portrayed the aforementioned hero. The line "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well do ya?" is Clint Eastwood's most famous line.
- In the Polish client, after using Smokescreen, he says "Ciemność widzę" (I see darkness), which is a reference to "Seksmisja" from 1983. Also his joke "Zawsze sikasz przez zapięty rozporek?" (You always pee with slit closed?) is from the movie Kiler. The interesting thing is, both quotes are said by Jerzy Stuhr.
- Also his quote "W imię zasad" (In the name of the rules) and "Co Ty wiesz o zabijaniu?" (What do you know about killing people?) is a reference to Franz Maurer from the movie Psy from 1992. Both quotes are known to be said by Bogusław Linda.
- Another quote in the Polish client is "Wyrwałem chwasta" ("I pulled out the weed" meaning he killed someone for being bad) is a reference to the sequel of Psy said by an unnamed character at the very beginning of the movie.
- The background in the splash art resembles Bilgewater.
- Hired Gun Graves skin has a bear paw on his back, which can be a possible reference to , a US military contractor. It also seems to be a reference to the game Duke Nukem.
- Hired Gun Graves shares the Hired Gun theme with Lucian.
- In Riot Graves's can be seen in Riot Blitzcrank, you can also see Riot Singed and K-9 Nasus in his splash art.
- He also shares this theme with Singed, Nasus, Blitzcrank, and Kayle.
- Jailbreak Graves is a reference to his lore, when he escaped the prison.
- It may also be a reference to .
- He resembles Bulletstorm's main protagonist Grayson Hunt.
- In the background of his splash art, the scene from Pool Party Ziggs' splash art can be seen: including Renekton, Darius, Garen and Katarina. Additionally, Aatrox can be seen climbing the diving board. Jinx's head can be partially seen behind Renekton.
- His appearance resembles Hugh Jackman.
- Graves shares this theme with Leona, Renekton, Lee Sin and Ziggs.
|Pool Party Theme|