|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Try to keep your True Grit stacks up by attacking minions, for free damage mitigation.
- During the laning phase, Buckshot is a strong harassment ability, but will quickly drain mana if used constantly.
- Using Buckshot on caster minions will kill them in a single cast at higher ranks, even without damage items.
- For a high damage combo, throw a Smokescreen on your target, close the gap with Quickdraw, and fire a close-range Buckshot.
- The sight reduction of Smokescreen has great utility, along with the AoE slow.
- Smokescreen can be used to juke your enemies and allow Graves to make decisive choices when either chasing or escaping.
- It can be used to set up a gank, because the target will not be able to see any incoming champions.
- A Smokescreen can be a strong deterrent for an oncoming enemy team.
- Smokescreen greatly diminishes the utility of an enemy champion that relies on ranged unit-targeted spells, such as Cassiopeia or Annie because vision of their target is required to cast these spells.
- Graves's Quickdraw can be used to dash through thin terrain. This allows Graves to be very mobile and can benefit him in chases and escapes.
- Try to use Collateral Damage at the beginning of a teamfight when your enemies are grouped together, allowing you to hit multiple targets.
- When the champion you are against has a blink (e.g. Ezreal), and he attempts to engage you, throw a Smokescreen to where he blinked, and quickly dash away leaving your opponent visionless.
- By using smart cast, you can cast Buckshot and Quickdraw together in such a way that you dash back while shooting the three bullets of Buckshot in front of you. Use this combo to finish off enemies with low health and make a quick escape.
- Due to the high AD ratios on Buckshot and Collateral Damage, items that provide AD are a great way to increase Graves' damage output. and/or are both excellent items on Graves.
- Due to the fact that Graves has only his Smokescreen to slow enemies, or give him high utility, though the build sacrifices his damage potential.
- Graves can make excellent use of both for the high AD and the critical chance and damage alongside his Quickdraw's attack speed buff in trades.
- Graves when behind in lane or late game due to his short range. has a passive shield and high sustain which can be useful for
- Cooldown reduction and attack speed can significantly reduce Quickdraw's downtime.
- With enough attack speed to reach the 2.5 cap with Quickdraw active, Quickdraw can be active continuously.
- Graves reduce the cooldown of Quickdraw three times faster, as the 2 minor bolts are considered to be auto attacks. Despite letting him use Quickdraw more often as Graves is an AD caster damage items are more effective. passive lets
- Despite being listed as a default recommended offensive item, Graves since Graves have relatively high AD scaling skills and the item does not give enough AD. is an ill-advised item to rush on
- One of Graves' strengths is his burst. Try to avoid his high burst and take advantage of his high cooldowns during the early game.
- Consider investing in early armor to mitigate his damage at early game.
- Try to spread your team out, to minimize the damage from Collateral Damage.
- Quickly move out of Graves's Smokescreen. The debuff only last when you are inside the AoE.
- Also, save your spells until outside of Smokescreen as the vision loss can lead to the loss of your target.
- If you are a champion that plans to cast a supportive ability on an ally, considering staying close to the ally so that Smokescreen cannot stop you from seeing them and thus casting onto them.
- Avoid extended skirmishes with Graves as he gains armor and magic resistance as the battle rages on from True Grit. The bonus armor and magic resist can change an expected kill to a close call.