Grievous Wounds is a debuff that reduces all healing received by 40%.
- Grievous Wounds to all targets hit for 3 seconds. applies
- Grievous Wounds while they remain inside. creates an area of Desecrated Ground that afflicts enemies with
- Unique – Thorns: Upon being hit by a basic attack, reflects 15 magic damage, inflicting Grievous Wounds on the attacker for 1 second. : Passive:
- Unique – Executioner: Physical damage inflicts Grievous Wounds on enemy champions for 3 seconds. : Passive:
- Unique: Dealing magic damage to an enemy champion below 35% health inflicts Grievous Wounds to them for 8 seconds. : Passive:
- Unique – Executioner: Physical damage inflicts Grievous Wounds on enemy champions for 5 seconds. : Passive:
- Unique – Thorns: Upon being hit by a basic attack, reflects magic damage equal to 25 (+ 10% bonus armor), while also inflicting Grievous Wounds on the attacker for 1 second. : Passive:
- true damage over 5 seconds, applying Grievous Wounds and revealing them for the duration. The sight will not reveal stealth champions. (600 range) (210 second cooldown) : Ignites an enemy champion, dealing
- The Murder Bridge map reduces all outsourced healing and regeneration effects by 50%.
- Grievous Wounds is generally used to limit or minimize healing of enemy champions such as , , , or .
- Grievous Wounds isn't useful just against champions with in-built sustain. Some champions (examples include most ADCs) can build items that give them sustain, such as or . Grievous Wounds is also useful against them. This is important to notice especially in situations where technically there is no champions with natural sustain on the enemy team, but the enemy ADC has massive amounts of lifesteal to sustain itself during teamfights.
- On other hand, some champions only have sustain when out of combat. This includes , , and champions that build . Grievous Wounds is not effective against those champions; the most effective way to prevent them from healing is to force them to stay in combat.
- It is important to note that Grievous Wounds also affect healing from outside sources instead of just self-healing. This is especially important against , which can use to outsustain her enemies, even if her allies don't have sustain themselves.
- Shields are a way of temporarily adding health to a champion that is not reduced by Grievous Wounds.
- Grievous Wounds, alongside , or , is a great counter to .