Healing is a game mechanic in League of Legends that is the ability to restore a unit's vitality. It may represent anything from attending to battle wounds to repairing damaged hardware to replenishing a magical spell that holds a construct together. Outside of its physical representation, its effect is always the same - it serves as a direct increase to a unit's current health.
Healing can be viewed as the polar opposite of damage. Unlike sources of damage, however, sources of healing are uncommon and the majority cannot be used to heal others - and those that can frequently have large ulterior costs to use. Healing itself is distinct from the other forms of health restoration (life steal, spell vamp and health regeneration) and is tracked as its own statistic at the End of Game screen.
Healing reduction effects will reduce the effectiveness of health restoration, including healing. Healing reduction sourced from champions or items is known as Grievous Wounds, which reduces all self-healing effects by 40%. Certain Fields of Justice also possess global auras that apply healing reduction to all champions present.
Healing cannot increase a unit's current health over its maximum. The act of leveling up and certain champion abilities (such as Nasus's Fury of the Sands) will increase a unit's current health by the same amount as the increase to their maximum health, but this is not considered a form of healing. As a result, they are not affected by healing reduction.
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.
Champion abilities that can heal others
Note: Only the healing effect of these abilities is shown here, to read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them.
- Alistar's Triumphant Roar restores 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 + (20% AP) health to Alistar, and 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 + (10% AP) to nearby allied minions and champions.
- Bard's Caretaker's Shrine can be collected by any allied champions, restoring from 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 + (20% AP) health, up to 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 + (45% AP) health, depending on how long the ability has been placed.
- Fiora's Grand Challenge marks a enemy champion for 8 seconds and reveals all vitals. If Fiora hit all vitals or if the enemy dies after Fiora hit at least one vital , she creates a victory zone that heals hearself and all allied units for 80/110/140 + (60% Bonus AD) per second for 5 sseconds.
- Janna's Monsoon makes her channel for 3 seconds, restoring 100 / 150 / 200 + (60% AP) health per second to herself and nearby allied minions and champions for a total of 300 / 450 / 600 + (180% AP) health.
- Kayle's Divine Blessing restores 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 + (45% AP) health to target allied champion.
- Nami's Ebb and Flow bounces from enemy to ally champions (or vice versa) two times, healing an ally champion when landing on them:
- First Target: Heals 65 / 95 / 125 / 155 / 185 + (30% AP).
- Second Target: Heals 65 / 95 / 125 / 155 / 185 + (30% AP) × (85% + (7.5% per 100 AP)).
- Third Target: Heals 65 / 95 / 125 / 155 / 185 + (30% AP) × (70% + (15% per 100 AP)).
- Nidalee's Primal Surge restores 45 / 85 / 125 / 165 / 205 + (50% AP) health to target allied champion.
- Sona's Aria of Perseverance heals herself and the allied champion with the lowest percentage of health in range for 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 + (20% AP), increasing by 0.5% for every 1% of the target's missing health, up to 45 / 75 / 105 / 135 / 165 + (30% AP).
- Soraka's Astral Infusion restores 120 / 150 / 180 / 210 / 240 + (60% AP) health to a target allied minion or champion.
- Taric's Imbue restores 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 + (30% AP) + (5% of his bonus health) health to himself and target allied minion or champion. If he targets himself, he heals for 140% of that value.
- Zilean's Chrono Shift marks a champion for 5 seconds, if the champion takes lethal damage in that time they will be suspended in time for 2 seconds, untargetable, and then they will have their health restored by 600 / 850 / 1100 + (200% AP).
Champion abilities that heal only the user
Note: Only the healing effect of these abilities is shown here. To read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them. Additionally, see Health Regeneration for abilities that increase champion health regeneration, which also restores health.
- Aatrox's Blood Thirst heals him for 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 + (25% bonus AD) every 3rd attack when activated. This value triples while below 50% health, up to 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 + (75% bonus AD).
- Ahri's Essence Theft upon reaching 9 charges, her next spell will heal her for 「 3 – 20 」「 2 + (Ahri's level) 」 + (9% AP) for each enemy hit.
- Cho'Gath's Carnivore passive heals him for 17 + (3 × level) health whenever he kills a unit.
- Cassiopeia's Aspect of the Serpent makes her Twin Fang heal for + (6% AP) when she has reached 100 Stacks.
- Darius's Decimate Darius heals for 12% missing health for each enemy champion hit by Decimate's blade, up to a maximum of 36% missing health.
- Dr. Mundo's Infected Cleaver costs 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 health to cast, but refunds 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 health if the cleaver hits an unit, and 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 health if it kills the target.
- Ekko's Chronobreak heals him for 100 / 150 / 200 + (20 / 25 / 30% 「 (+ 1% per 30 AP) 」「 (+ 3.33% per 100 AP) 」 of damage taken) over the past 4 seconds.
- Elise's Spider Queen causes her autoattacks to heal her for 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 + (10% AP) health whilst in Spider Form.
- Fiddlesticks's Drain makes him channel and leash to a target for up to 5 seconds to deal 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 + (45% AP) magic damage per second. He will heal for 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80% of the damage done.
- Fiora's Duelist's Dance heals Fiora for 20 +( 5 x Fiora's level) everytime she hits a Vital.
- Galio's Bulwark shields an allied champion or himself for 4 seconds. While shielded, Galio heals for 25 / 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 + (30% AP) each time that unit suffers damage ( − 20% healing for each consecutive hit).
- Gangplank's Remove Scurvy heals him for 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 + (90% AP) + (15% missing health).
- Garen's Perseverance regenerates a percentage of Garen's maximum health each second if he has not recently been struck by damage or enemy abilities.
- Gragas's Happy Hour heals Gragas for 4% of his maximum health on ability use with a 8 second .
- Hecarim's Spirit of Dread heals him for 20% of the damage enemies within the area take from any source. Healing from damage dealt to minions and monsters is capped at 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 / 210 per cast.
- Irelia's Hiten Style passively heals Irelia for 5 / 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 health whenever she performs an autoattack. Activating Hiten Style increases the amount healed to 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26 for 6 seconds.
- Karma's Renewal as empowered by Mantra, heals Karma for 20% (+ 1% per 100 AP) of her missing health instantly when the tether is applied, plus another 20% (+ 1% per 100 AP) of her missing health if the target remains tethered for the full 2 second duration.
- Kha'Zix's Void Spike heals him for 60 / 85 / 110 / 135 / 160 + (50% AP) if he is within the explosion radius.
- Maokai's Sap Magic heals Maokai for whenever he attacks with 5 charges of Magical Sap. He gains one charge each time a spell is used near him. % of his maximum health
- Master Yi's Meditate heals him for 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 + (15% AP) per half second, increasing by 1% for every 1% of his missing health for up to 4 seconds.
- Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave deals 24 / 29 / 34% (+ 4% per 100 AP) of the target's maximum health in magic damage to the target, dealing half the damage initially and the other half over 10 seconds. He heals himself for all of the damage dealt.
- Nocturne's Umbra Blades buff causes Nocturne's next attack to strike all surrounding enemies restoring per target hit. The buff recharges after a 10 second health . Nocturne's autoattacks reduce this recharge timer by 1 second each hit.
- Nunu's Consume heals himself for 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 + (75% AP) when successfully cast on an enemy (this ability can only be used on minions and monsters).
- Olaf's Reckless Swing costs health to cast, but refunds the health cost if Reckless Swing kills its target.
- Rek'Sai's Fury of the Xer'Sai passively heals her for 20% of her collected Fury each second while burrowed for a maximum of (25 × Rek'Sai's level).
- Renekton's Cull the Meek heals Renekton for up to 3 / 4.5 / 6 / 7.5 / 9 + (4% bonus AD) per target hit (tripled against champions) up to a hard cap of (50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150). When Renekton has more than 50 Fury he deals 50% additional damage and heals for 9 / 13.5 / 18 / 22.5 / 27 + (12% bonus AD) of the damage dealt instead, for up to triple the basic hard cap.
- Rengar's Empowered Battle Roar heals Rengar for 8 + (4 × level) health, increased by 6.25% for every 1% of Rengar's missing health for up to 50 + (25 × level) health.
- Soraka's Astral Infusion restores 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 + (40% AP) health, increased by 1% for every 1% of her missing health for each enemy champion she hits with Starcall, up to 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 + (80% AP) health per champion hit.
- Swain's Ravenous Flock, sends out up to 3 ravens per second (one per target) dealing 50 / 70 / 90 + (20% AP), as long as Swain is in raven form. Swain heals for 75% of the damage dealt to champions and by 25% of the damage dealt to minions and monsters.
- Tahm Kench's Thick Skin passively heals him for 20 / 26 / 32 / 38 / 44% of damage taken after not taking damage for 2.5 seconds.
- Trundle's King's Tribute heals Trundle for , whenever an enemy unit near Trundle dies.
% of its maximum health
- Trundle's Frozen Domain creates an 1000-radius icy area for 8 seconds, in that area Trundle's healing and health regeneration is increased by 20%.
- Trundle's Subjugate deals and heals for 10 / 13.75 / 17.5% (+ 1% per 100 AP) of the target's maximum health as magic damage and then deals and heals the same damage again over 6 seconds.
- Tryndamere's Bloodlust upon activation Tryndamere consumes all of his Fury to heal himself for 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 + (30% AP) + 0.5 / 0.95 / 1.4 / 1.85 / 2.3 + (1.2% AP) per Fury consumed health.
- Vladimir's Transfusion heals Vladimir for 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 + (25% AP) after used on a target.
- Vladimir's Sanguine Pool makes Vladimir sink into a pool of blood for 2 seconds, becoming untargetable and dealing 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300 + (15% bonus health) magic damage over the duration while healing himself for 15% of the damage dealt.
- Vladimir's Tides of Blood increases his healing and regeneration by 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8%. This buff lasts for 10 seconds and stacks up to 4 times.
- Volibear's Chosen of the Storm will heal him rapidly if his health drops to a critical level.
- Warwick's Eternal Thirst causes his autoattacks to deal additional 「 3 – 16 」「 」 magic damage and heals him for the same amount. Each successive attack against the same target will stack this amount of healing and damage up to a maximum of 3 stacks. The stacks remain for 4 seconds.
- Xin Zhao's Battle Cry heals Xin Zhao by 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 + (70% AP) on every 3rd attack.
- Yorick's Omen of Famine summons a Ravenous Ghoul behind his target dealing 55 / 85 / 115 / 145 / 175 + (100% bonus AD) magic damage to them and heals himself for 40% of the damage done. In addition the ghoul heals Yorick for the damage he deals. The healing effect is halved against minions.
- Life steal items restores a percentage of physical damage dealt on autoattacks as health.
- Spell vamp items restores health upon dealing damage with abilites.
- 10% of target champion's maximum health as physical damage (min. 100), and heals for the damage dealt. can be activated to deal
- 30% of your maximum health and mana. revives your champion upon death, restoring
- (10% of the target's maximum health) to a target allied champion. heals for 150 +
- passive heals 300 health over 5 seconds to your champion when acquiring a kill or assist.
- health regeneration, life steal, and spell vamp on yourself by 20%. increases the effectiveness of all sources of healing including self-healing,
- Heal restores 90 – 345 health to your champion and to a single nearby allied champion. Healed targets gain 30% movement speed for 1 seconds after being healed.
- Smite restores 20% of the user's maximum health when cast on the Red Brambleback with its buff available.
- Katarina's Death Lotus applies Grievous Wounds to all targets hit for 3 seconds.
- Varus's Hail of Arrows creates an area of Desecrated Ground that afflicts enemies with Grievous Wounds while they remain inside.
- Executioner's Calling's passive causes all physical damage to apply Grievous Wounds for 4 seconds.
- Grievous Wounds for 4 seconds if the target is below 40% health. passive causes all magic damage to apply
- The Murder Bridge map reduces all healing from allies by 50%.
| Champion Abilities|
|Area of Effect · Aura · Blink · Buff · Crowd Control · Damage · Dash · Debuff · Healing · On-Hit Effects · On-Spell Effects · Pet · Shield · Sight|