|Consume||Restores 150 health over 15 seconds.|
Health Potion is a consumable item in League of Legends. Consuming a will restore 150 health over 15 seconds after being used. It is a very useful item for nearly every champion early game due to its affordability but loses its effectiveness as champions' levels increase. The maximum health will be too substantial for it to be significant and any damage received would be too great.
It used to be highly recommended to buy multiple when jungling as it provided increased early-game survivability. The % health gain from jungling creeps reduces their utility.
- You can use multiple while you have one active which will queue them up to be used after the previous completes (maximum 5 stacks).
- Using a , as with all other activated items (with the exception of ), does not interrupt channelling. This is particularly useful if jungling as Fiddlesticks, as it will not interrupt Drain. It also won't interrupt Recall or point-capturing in Dominion.
- and are currently two of the cheapest items in League of Legends.
- Using a can counter the damage from damage over time spells such as Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave or Ignite (keeping in mind, of course, the reduced effectiveness from Ignite's effect).
- can not be used at full health.
- when used gives an additional 10 healthregen/second for 15 seconds, which can be improved by , resulting in 12 healthregen/second or a total amount of 180 health restored.
- During seasonal events, the has been replaced by seasonal items with the same effect, but different names/pictures.
- The was a seasonal item that replaced the Health Potion during the 2009 Snowdown Showdown, 2010 Snowdown Showdown, and 2011 Snowdown Showdown celebrations.
- The was a seasonal item that replaced the Health Potion during the 2010 and 2011 Harrowing events.
- The was another seasonal item that replaced the Health Potion during the Lunar Revel celebration.