Health Potion is a consumable item in League of Legends. Consuming a will restore 150 health over 15 seconds after being used. It is a very useful item for nearly every champion early game due to its affordability but loses its effectiveness as champions' levels increase. The maximum health will be too substantial for it to be significant and any damage received would be too great.
It used to be highly recommended to buy multiple jungling as it provided increased early-game survivability. The % health gain from jungling creeps reduces their utility.when
- You can use multiple while you have one active which will queue them up to be used after the previous completes (maximum 5 stacks).
- You cannot have more than 5 health potions in your inventory at a time.
- Using a Fiddlesticks, as it will not interrupt Drain. It also won't interrupt Recall or point-capturing in Dominion. , as with all other activated items (with the exception of ), does not interrupt channelling. This is particularly useful if jungling as
- and are currently two of the cheapest items in League of Legends.
- Using a damage over time spells such as Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave or Ignite (keeping in mind, of course, the reduced effectiveness from Ignite's effect). can counter the damage from
- cannot be used at full health.
- When used gives an additional 10 health regen/second for 15 seconds, which can be improved by , resulting in 12 health regen/second or a total amount of 180 health restored (as compared to 150).
- If you have a charge of being used, you cannot use either a health or mana potion at the same time - the game won't proc both regen effects.
- If you're having trouble sustaining in lane, usually either top or mid as AD, do not rush 800 and only 8% lifesteal, given low (sub 150) total AD values, you usually won't be able to sustain enough from trading and lane minions. Note that 800 is 22.857 health potions - or 3300 total health from regen. Consider either s or s. - at
- During seasonal events, the
has been replaced by seasonal items with the same effect, but different names/pictures.
- The 2009 Snowdown Showdown, 2010 Snowdown Showdown, and 2011 Snowdown Showdown celebrations. was a seasonal item that replaced the Health Potion during the
- The 2010 and 2011 Harrowing events. was a seasonal item that replaced the Health Potion during the
- The Lunar Revel celebration. was another seasonal item that replaced the Health Potion during the