Health Regeneration (also known as HP5) is a stat similar to mana regeneration which determines the amount of health a champion regenerates over a five-second period. This happens in half-second intervals. Health regeneration is considered to be a form of healing for the purposes of healing increases or decreases, and for the sake of the "Healing Done" stat at the end of game screen. Each champion starts with a certain base rate of health regeneration, which increases by a small amount at each level-up. It can be further increased by a variety of items, abilities, masteries, runes and neutral buffs, as detailed below. Health regeneration stacks additively, meaning that each bonus point acquired directly affects its statistic. This is true whether the bonus is a flat value or percentage-based.
- Flat Health Regeneration has a gold value of 36 per point.
- Percentage Health Regeneration has a gold value of 3 per point.
Increasing health regeneration
|2300||200 %||Summoner's Rift|
|1900||125 %||Summoner's Rift|
|2650||150 %||Summoner's Rift|
|900||125 %||Summoner's Rift|
|2100||50 %||Summoner's Rift, Howling Abyss|
|2700||125 %||Summoner's Rift|
- Unique: +10% bonus healing and shielding power. Passive: Unique: Heals and shields on allied champions (excluding yourself) enhance their basic attacks for 6 seconds. Granting them +attack speed and bonus on-hit magic damage healing them for the same amount. : Passive:
- Unique – Eternity: 15% of damage taken from champions is gained as mana. Spending mana restores 20% of mana spent as health, up to 15 per cast (toggle spells heal for up to 15 per second). : Passive:
- Unique – Harmony: Gain +25% base health regeneration for every +25% base mana regeneration. : Passive:
- 5.20 health and 3.125 mana every half-second for a total of 125 health and 75 mana as well as grants Touch of Corruption. : Consume: For 12 seconds, regenerates
- Unique: Restores 20 health over 10 seconds after taking damage from an enemy champion. : Passive: +6 flat health regeneration per 5 seconds. Passive:
- Unique: +8% bonus healing and shielding power. : Passive:
- : Passive: + 20 flat health regeneration per 5 seconds
- 5 health every half-second for 15 seconds, restoring a total of 150 health. : Consume: Regenerates
- Unique – Eternity: 15% of damage taken from champions is gained as mana. Spending mana restores 20% of the cost as health, up to 25 per spell cast. : Passive:
- 3.75 health and 2.18 mana every half-second for 8 seconds, restoring a total of 60 health and 35 mana. : Consume: Regenerates
- Unique: +20% bonus healing and shielding power. Passive: Unique – Harmony: Gain +25% base health regeneration for every +25% base mana regeneration. : Passive:
- Unique – Eternity: 15% of damage taken from champions is gained as mana. Spending mana restores 20% of mana spent as health, up to 25 per cast (toggle spells heal for up to 25 per second). : Passive:
- Unique: Grants 150% base health regeneration for 10 seconds after taking damage from an enemy champion. : Passive:
- Unique: Increases effectiveness of all sources of health restoration by 30% (including health regeneration, life steal and spell vamp). : Passive:
- 15 health and 15 mana on consumption, and regenerates 5 health every half-second for 16.5 seconds, restoring a total of 165 health. : Consume: Restores
- Unique: +10% bonus healing and shielding power. : Passive:
- 5.21 health every half-second for 12 seconds, restoring a total of 125 health. : Consume: Regenerates
- Unique – Warmog's Heart: Regenerate 「 2.5% maximum health every half-second 」「 25% maximum health every 5 seconds 」if damage has not been taken in the last 6 seconds (3 second for minions). : Passive:
- 0.3% of his maximum health each second. regenerates
- 40 / 50 / 60% of his maximum health over 12 seconds. causes him to regenerate
- per second after not taking damage (excluding minions) for % of his maximum health seconds. allows him to regenerate
- 1% of his missing health for 6 seconds. grants 0.5% enhanced healing from all sources, including health regeneration, for every
- increases his health regeneration by 35 / 50 / 80 for 25 seconds.
- increases his healing and health regeneration by 20% in a target area for 8 seconds.
- 30% of his maximum health over 6 seconds once every two minutes when his health drops below 30%. can regenerate
- 5% of missing health and 5% of missing mana. : Champion kills and assists restore
- 20 health. (30 second cooldown) : Killing a unit restores
- below 25% health. : Grants +50% base health regeneration, increased to +200% while
- : Grants 0.4 / 0.8 / 1.2 / 1.6 / 2 health regeneration per 5 seconds.
- shields and health restoration on you (includes life steal, spell vamp and health regeneration). : Grants 1.6 / 3.2 / 4.8 / 6.4 / 8% stronger
- 5% maximum health as bonus health. Your crowd control effects brand enemy champions with an Earthen Rune for 4 seconds. Other allied champions who attack branded enemies heal for 5 (+ 2.5% of your maximum health) over 2 seconds (halved to 2.5 (+ 1.25% of your maximum health) if you are ranged). : Grants
- heals and shields are 10% stronger. Additionally, heals and shields on allies increase your target's armor by and magic resistance by for 3 seconds. : Your
- (+ 10% of maximum health). : Smiting a large monster restores 70
- The Crest of Cinders buff grants health regeneration equal to 1 / 3 / 9% of your maximum health per 5 seconds for 120 seconds.
- The Heart of Oceans buff grants health regeneration equal to 4 / 8 / 12% of your missing health per 5 seconds if not damaged by a champion or tower in the last 8 seconds.
Other ways to restore health
A champion's health can be restored in several ways other than health regeneration:
- Through life steal, spell vamp and healing.
- Returning to the spawning pool, which restores a percentage of your maximum health per second.
- Leveling up will restore some maximum health, and some current health. Actual health regained is lower depending on how wounded the champion is upon leveling up.
- Slaying a large jungle monster.
Decreasing health regeneration
A champion's health restoration can be reduced in following ways (the list does not include internal spell mechanics or scalings):
- Grievous Wounds debuff reduces all health restoration on target by 40%.
- Murder Bridge map reduces all outsourced health restoration by 50%.
- , , and increases the effectiveness of all sources of health regeneration (champions stats, abilities, buffs, items, runes, & masteries).
- Health regeneration stacks additively and has no cap.
- Healing reduction effects reduce the effectiveness of regeneration. Such effects do not stack, though they will refresh the duration. All such effects (except Crystal Scar's Aura) halve the effectiveness of healing, health regeneration, life steal, and spell vamp.
List of champions' Health Regeneration
|Champion Level||Top 5 champions||Bottom 5 champions|
|Level 1||1.||10.18 hp5||1.||2.5 hp5|
|2.||9.845 hp5||2.||3.75 hp5|
|3.||9.82 hp5||3.||4.0 hp5|
|4.||9.5 hp5||4||4.5 hp5|
|5.||9.5 hp5||5.||5.0 hp5|
|Level 18||1.||34.3 hp5||1.||9.1 hp5|
|2.||26.0 hp5||2.||11.0 hp5|
|3.||25.2 hp5||3.||13.5 hp5|
|4.||24.3 hp5||4.||13.8 hp5|
|5.||23.8 hp5||5.||13.9 hp5|
Last updated: 06/03/2017, patch V7.4
- What may be the highest health regeneration attainable is maximum health. HP per 5 seconds, with , thanks to his passive , and his ultimate , which both scale with
- Base stats: +2096 health, and +20.5 health regeneration
- 5 points in (+2 health regeneration)
- 5 points in (+8% total health regeneration)
- 1 point in (+200% base health regeneration)
- 4 (+4 × (800 health + 200% health regeneration))
- 1 (+500 health, +200% health regeneration, +25% total health regeneration)
- 1 15% maximum health) (+400 health, +
- Crest of Cinders (+9% maximum health health regeneration)
- Ocean Drake buff (+17.9982% maximum health health regeneration)
- 0.01% of his maximum health is at
- 1.5% maximum health health regeneration) (+
- 25% maximum health health regeneration) (+
- ability power (+1524.16305 health) with the maximum amount of
- (+300 health)
- (+30 health regeneration)
- Tooth and Nail (+30 health regeneration)
- A cannot be consumed because will be full stuffed.
- Relevant mathematics:
- Base = 20.5
- Items = 1000% base health regeneration + =
- Mast. & Buffs = 17.9982% max health + 9% max health + + + + + = 53.4982% max health health regen + 62 health reneration + 200% health regeneration +
- Health Reneration Amplification = 35% health regeneration
× = 1.35 =
- 7615.0972929130845975 health regeneration
Health Regeneration = (20.5 × (1 + + ) + 62 + (9929.890743175 × 0.534982)) × 1.35 =
- Or 1523.0194585826 health per second.
- 7615.0972929130845975 health regeneration
- In the same situation, 0.01% maximum health so he has currently about 99 health.
- It would take him 6.52 seconds to recover all his missing health.