|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Hecarim was designed by FeralPony.
- Hecarim is voiced by Maokai and Sion (after the rework). , who also voices
- Hecarim is an anagram for "Chimera".
- Hecarim is possibly inspired by the Karthus, Mordekaiser and Thresh.) , particularly the rider symbolizing War. (The other horsemen theme champions to have been released so far are
- Hecarim may also be inspired by the Assault Rider from the Kingdom Hearts games. They share a very similar body shape, concept and moveset.
- Hecarim's dance is a reference to the viral YouTube video "Dope Zebra" by rhettandlink. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- It is possible for Hecarim to get attack damage of over 1,000 with a combination of certain items, summoner spells, and ally buffs.
- Warpath is the only ability that scales with movement speed.
- Onslaught of Shadows may be a reference to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, particularly the horseback fight with Ganondorf, who summons spectral riders during the fight.
- In the U.R.F game mode (available in April 2014), Hecarim was deemed overpowered, and was ultimately disabled in non-custom games.
- Hecarim represents wrath as one of the .
- It has been a very, very long time since he was actually alive, but his form suggests that there may have been a race of centaur-like beings in the past. He hasn't retained any memories from his life and he doesn't particularly care about what he used to be. 
- He started out as the ghost of a dead knight who could summon his spectral horse. By the time he was approved for production he had become an undead centaur-like being and all the concept art reflected that. We migrated him to the Shadow Isles fairly early in development - Riot has been working behind the scenes to develop the idea of undeath in Valoran and they wanted Hecarim to be representative of the tone of the Shadow Isles. 
- Hecarim's joke, "Suffering is magic," is a reference to the TV show, , created by .
- Hecarim's second joke, "Another blue ribbon for Hecarim," is a reference to the , a term used to describe something of high quality. They are often granted as an award to the winner of a contest showcasing horses or other livestock.
- Hecarim shares a quote with Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, "Crush them underfoot."
- He is the last champion from season two to get 2 skins upon release.
- The Chinese classic splash art for Hecarim uses the pose on his concept art, with the only difference being the spear's blade overturned.
- This skin resembles and has the same name as Vampire Counts Blood Knights from the .
- This skin is heavily based off of the popular Adult Swim mini-game Robot Unicorn Attack.
- His axe is a reference to the video game Guitar Hero.
- The South American version of "Arcade Hecarim" skin was wrongly translated as "Hecarim of Arcadia" ("Hecarim de Arcadia"). Arcades in Spanish are either called "Arcades" or "Fichines", so it doesn't make sense in Spanish either. It may be a nonsensical reference to "Lawrence of Arabia" ("Lawrance de Arabia").
- He shares this theme with Sona, Miss Fortune, and Veigar.
- Hecarim and Mordekaiser appear to know each other. They have similar beliefs, but apprently do not agree on the methods each uses to achieve their goals.
- Hecarim has existed far longer than Yorick. Hecarim's shape suggests that he might've been something in life that no longer even exists in Valoran, while Yorick is recognizably humanoid. 
- On the League of Legends website, both Hecarim and Thresh used to be listed as rivals with Ahri; this might be due to Ahri being a fellow harvester of souls which would interfere with the Shadow Isles' goals.