- Hecarim was designed by FeralPony.
- Hecarim is voiced by .
- Hecarim is an anagram for "Chimera".
- Hecarim is possibly inspired by the Karthus, Morderkaiser and Thresh.) , particularly the rider symbolizing War.(The other horsemen theme champions to have been released so far are
- Hecarim may also be inspired by the Assault Rider from the Kingdom Hearts games. They share a very similar body shape, concept and moveset.
- Hecarim's dance is a reference to the viral Youtube video "Dope Zebra" by rhettandlink. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- It is possible for Hecarim to get attack damage of over 1,000 with a combination of certain items, summoner spells, and ally buffs.
- Warpath is the first (and for now only) ability that scales with movement speed.
- Hecarim's joke, "Suffering is magic," is a reference to the TV show, , created by .
- Hecarim's second joke, "Another blue ribbon for Hecarim," is a reference to the , a term used to describe something of high quality. They are often granted as an award to the winner of a contest showcasing horses or other livestock.
- Hecarim shares a quote with Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, "Crush them underfoot."
- Blood Knight Hecarim's skin resembles and has the same name as Vampire Counts Blood Knights From the .
- Hecarim is the last champion from season two to get 2 skins upon release.
- Headless Hecarim is based off of the folk legend The Headless Horseman.
- The chinese classic splash art for Hecarim uses the pose on his concept art, with the only difference being the spear's blade overturned.
- Arcade Hecarim is a reference to many '80s and early '90s fantasy and video game effects.
- Hecarim shares the Arcade theme with Sona.
- This skin is clearly a tribute to the popular Adult Swim mini-game called 'Robot Unicorn Attack'.
- The green, red/pink, yellow, blue, and orange buttons near the bottom of his spear (used during his back animations) seem to be based on the Video Game Guitar Hero.
- The South American version of "Arcade Hecarim" skin was wrongly translated as "Hecarim of Arcadia" ("Hecarim de Arcadia"). Arcades in Spanish are either called "Arcades" or "Fichines", so it doesn't make sense in Spanish either. It may be a nonsensical reference to "Lawrence of Arabia" ("Lawrance de Arabia").
- Hecarim and Mordekaiser appear to know each other. They have similar beliefs, but apprently do not agree on the methods each uses to achieve their goals.
- On the Twisted Treeline, the western Altar warns Hecarim that Mordekaiser is not to be trusted. This likely indicates that Mordekaiser was the cause of Hecarim's demise before Hecarim became a creature of the Shadow Isles, as the Western Altar is generally seen as the "good altar".
- Despite this, however, the two are still listed as friends rather than rivals on the official League of Legends website.
Art SpotlightHecarim Art Spotlight(06:43)
Login AnimationHecarim League Of Legends Login Screen With Music(01:58)