|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Hecarim was designed by FeralPony.
- Hecarim is voiced by .
- Hecarim is an anagram for "Chimera".
- Hecarim is possibly inspired by the Karthus, Morderkaiser and Thresh.) , particularly the rider symbolizing War. (The other horsemen theme champions to have been released so far are
- Hecarim may also be inspired by the Assault Rider from the Kingdom Hearts games. They share a very similar body shape, concept and moveset.
- Hecarim's dance is a reference to the viral YouTube video "Dope Zebra" by rhettandlink. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- It is possible for Hecarim to get attack damage of over 1,000 with a combination of certain items, summoner spells, and ally buffs.
- Warpath is the only ability that scales with movement speed.
- Onslaught of Shadows may be a reference to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, particularly the horseback fight with Ganondorf, who summons spectral riders during the fight.
- In the U.R.F game mode (available in April 2014), Hecarim was deemed overpowered, and was ultimately disabled in non-custom games.
- Hecarim represents Pride as one of the .
- Hecarim's joke, "Suffering is magic," is a reference to the TV show, , created by .
- Hecarim's second joke, "Another blue ribbon for Hecarim," is a reference to the , a term used to describe something of high quality. They are often granted as an award to the winner of a contest showcasing horses or other livestock.
- Hecarim shares a quote with Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, "Crush them underfoot."
- He is the last champion from season two to get 2 skins upon release.
- The Chinese classic splash art for Hecarim uses the pose on his concept art, with the only difference being the spear's blade overturned.
- This skin resembles and has the same name as Vampire Counts Blood Knights from the .
- He is based on the folk legend The Headless Horseman.
- It has many references to '80s and early '90s fantasy and video game effects.
- He shares this theme with sona.
- This skin is clearly a tribute to the popular Adult Swim mini-game called 'Robot Unicorn Attack'.
- The green, red/pink, yellow, blue, and orange buttons near the bottom of his spear (used during his back animations) seem to be based on the Video Game Guitar Hero.
- The South American version of "Arcade Hecarim" skin was wrongly translated as "Hecarim of Arcadia" ("Hecarim de Arcadia"). Arcades in Spanish are either called "Arcades" or "Fichines", so it doesn't make sense in Spanish either. It may be a nonsensical reference to "Lawrence of Arabia" ("Lawrance de Arabia").
- Hecarim and Mordekaiser appear to know each other. They have similar beliefs, but apprently do not agree on the methods each uses to achieve their goals.