|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Hecarim was designed by FeralPony.
- Hecarim is voiced by Maokai and Sion (after the rework). , who also voices
- Hecarim is an anagram for "Chimera".
- He started out as the ghost of a dead knight who could summon his spectral horse. By the time he was approved for production he had become an undead centaur-like being and all the concept art reflected that. He migrated to the Shadow Isles fairly early in development - Riot has been working behind the scenes to develop the idea of undeath in Valoran and they wanted Hecarim to be representative of the tone of the Shadow Isles.
- The visual effect designer for Hecarim's log-in screen was Anthony Possobon.
- Hecarim is Kalista's betrayer, he placed the first spear in her back to the favour of the King.
- Hecarim is one of the first champions to be made undead by the Black Mist, along with Kalista.
- Hecarim is responsible for leading to the Ruination of the Blessed Isles, and the necrotic resurgence of the dead.
- Hecarim is possibly inspired by the Karthus, Mordekaiser and Thresh.) , particularly the rider symbolizing War. (The other horsemen theme champions to have been released so far are
- Hecarim may also be inspired by the Assault Rider from the Kingdom Hearts games. They share a very similar body shape, concept and moveset.
- Hecarim's dance is a reference to the viral YouTube video "Dope Zebra" by rhettandlink. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- It is possible for Hecarim to get attack damage of over 1,000 with a combination of certain items, summoner spells, and ally buffs.
- Warpath is the only ability that scales with movement speed.
- Onslaught of Shadows may be a reference to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, particularly the horseback fight with Ganondorf, who summons spectral riders during the fight.
- In the U.R.F game mode (available in April 2014), Hecarim was deemed overpowered, and was ultimately disabled in non-custom games.
- The riders who appear durnig Hecarims ultimate skill Onslaught of Shadows, are the members of his former Brotherhood of Knights the Iron Order. They were made undead upong the creation of the Black Mist by the Ruined King.
- Hecarim's joke, "Suffering is magic," is a reference to the TV show, , created by .
- Hecarim's second joke, "Another blue ribbon for Hecarim," is a reference to the
, a term used to describe something of high quality. They are often granted as an award to the winner of a contest showcasing horses or other livestock.
- On the Brazilian server, this joke is replaced with a reference to Pôneis Malditos, a advertising video that has became popular on Brazil as an internet meme.
- Hecarim shares a quote with Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, "Crush them underfoot."
- Hecarim shares a quote with Infernal Nasus, "Despair."
- Hecarim shares a quote with Garen, "Break their ranks."
- He is the last champion from season two to get 2 skins upon release.
- The Chinese classic splash art for Hecarim uses the pose on his concept art, with the only difference being the spear's blade overturned.
- This skin resembles and has the same name as Vampire Counts Blood Knights from the .
- He is based on the folk legend The Headless Horseman.
- He has Warwick's and Rengar's skulls on his belt.
- He shares this theme with Fiddlesticks.
- This skin is heavily based on the popular Adult Swim mini-game Robot Unicorn Attack.
- His halberd is a reference to the video game Guitar Hero.
- Additionally, using two stacks of Rampage turns Hecarim blue as a refrence to Star Power
- The South American version of "Arcade Hecarim" skin was wrongly translated as "Hecarim of Arcadia" ("Hecarim de Arcadia"). Arcades in Spanish are either called "Arcades" or "Fichines", so it doesn't make sense in Spanish either. It may be a nonsensical reference to "Lawrence of Arabia" ("Lawrance de Arabia").
- He shares this theme with Blitzcrank, Miss Fortune, Sona, Riven and Veigar.
- His appearance might have been inspired by Cenarius from the World of Warcraft. Another possible inspiration could have been the Leshen from Witcher 3.
- He resembles a creature known as Spriggans In Cornish faery lore, as well as a known creature from the Bethesda's game Skyrim.
- He shares this theme with Bard, LeBlanc
- Hecarim and Mordekaiser appear to know each other. They have similar beliefs, but apparently do not agree on the methods each uses to achieve their goals.
- Hecarim existed longer than Yorick.
- On the League of Legends website, both Hecarim and Thresh used to be listed as rivals with Ahri; this might be due to Ahri being a fellow harvester of souls which would interfere with the Shadow Isles' goals.
- He is being hunted by Kalista, due to him betraying her and, as a result of denying her granting the required cure to her dying Queen, causing the Ruination of the Blessed Isles (currently the Shadow Isles).
- Main Theme
- Related Themes