- Hecarim might have been inspired by the Assault Rider from . (specifically War) and/or
- His dance references 'Dope Zebra' by 'rhettandlink'.
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Warpath is the only ability in the game that scales with movement speed.
- Onslaught of Shadows might be referencing the fight with in .
- The spectral riders used to be members of the Iron Order Hecarim was Knight Commander of and, together with him, became undead when the Ruination of the Blessed Isles was unleashed.
- Hecarim was deemed overpowered in Ultra Rapid Fire (2014 edition) and was ultimately disabled in non-custom games.
- Hecarim is an anagram for Chimera.
- Hecarim started out as the ghost of a dead knight able to summon his spectral horse but by the time he was approved for production he had morphed into an undead centaur-like being.
- Hecarim is Kalista's betrayer as well as the one resposible for the Ruination of the Blessed Isles and the spread of the undead.
she uses to bind her Oathsworn is the one he used to run her through.
- Both of them were some of the first undead created by the Black Mist right after its creation by .
- "Suffering is magic" references by .
- "Another blue ribbon for Hecarim" references (Hecarim is basically describing himself as the highest-quality undead half-equine in Valoran given the Black Mist fused him with his horse)
- In Brazilian localization this joke is replaced by referencing the Nissan commercial 'Pôneis Malditos'.
- Hecarim shares quotes with:
- Classic Hecarim [ |
- He was the last Season Two champion to get 2 release skins.
- He resembles and references from .
- Reaper Hecarim [ |
- Headless Hecarim [ |
- He references the .
- He shares this theme with Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks [ | .
- Arcade Hecarim [ |
- He references Robot Unicorn Attack.
- His glaive references
- He turns blue when having a fully-stacked Rampage referencing .
- In Spanish localization he was incorrectly translated as 'Hecarim of Arcadia' thus referencing as a result (Spanish for Arcade is either the same or the word 'Fichines' alluding to using quarters)
- He shares this theme with Battle Boss Blitzcrank [ | , Arcade Miss Fortune [ | , Arcade Sona [ | , Arcade Riven [ | and Final Boss Veigar [ | .
- He might have been inspired by from and/or a from .
- He resembles a from folklore.
- He might be referencing the from by .
- He shares this theme with Elderwood Bard [ | and Elderwood LeBlanc [ | .
- Hecarim's relations with Mordekaiser as the de facto ruler of the Shadow Isles are apparently friendly.
- The Twisted Treeline West Altar warns the Shadow of War the Iron Revenant is not to be trusted.
- Hecarim is being hunted by Kalista for his betrayal and for unleashing the Ruination of the Blessed Isles, thus turning them into the Shadow Isles and its denizens into undead abominations.