|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Heimerdinger was designed by Ezreal.
- Heimerdinger is voiced by Dennis Collins Johnson, who also voices Gangplank and Taric.
- His name is a combination of the names of , a physicist known for being the "father" of the atomic bomb, and , one of the fathers of quantum physics.
- Heimerdinger's walking animation is often referred to by players and Rioters alike as "derpy", highlighted as one of his unique qualities, as shown in this video.
- His full name is Cecil B. Heimerdinger.
- Prior to his rework, Heimerdinger was only able to place two H-28G Evolution Turrets. However, it was possible to have 3 active by utilizing a glitch with Syndra's Force of Will. If 2 turrets were placed and one of them was targeted for Force of Will, Heimerdinger could place one more turret during the stasis.
- Heimerdinger was the only champion who could restore turrets' health, with his passive Techmaturgical Repair Bots. As of his rework, the ability no longer affects turrets.
- Activating UPGRADE!!! will give Heimerdinger a buff and the tooltip reads "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" , This is a reference to a Daft Punk song by the same name.
- Scoring a Pentakill will grant Heimerdinger the buff, Eureka!, which rejoices his successful "correction" of his opponents' living status. This is purely cosmetic.
- Heimerdinger can toggle his walk animation, by joking, taunting, dancing, or laughing.
- This will toggle the walking animation between his classic "derpy" animation or the new walking animation.
- Heimerdinger is one of seven champions to have more than 4 skills, the others being Nidalee, Lee Sin, Jayce, Elise, Karma, and Gnar.
- Heimerdinger, after his rework, was the sixth champion to have more than 4 skills.
- He has special quotes for Vel'Koz, Ziggs, Jayce, Vi and Viktor .
- His walking quote "For great science" is a reference to the internet meme "For great justice", which originated from the translation of the game Zero Wing.
- His other walking quote, "Back, you dirty ape, back!" is a reference to .
- In yet another one of his walking quotes, he'll say "Raise your what?", which is a reference to "ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ", which was posted by Michael Santana on his Twitter account. Michael Santana (Imaqtpie from Team Dignitas) is a well-known Heimerdinger player.
- Rumble's League Judgment contains a quote from Heimerdinger, who insults him in a technical manner: "The probability of your continued existence is rapidly approaching zero."
- His quote "Not enough variables... hmm... not nearly enough variables." is a reference to Mordin Solus from the series where the characters usual quote for any situation is "Too many variables.".
- His quotes, "Aha, 42, I knew it! Now - er, what was the question again?", and, "42... there's just something about that number.", are references to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy .
- Classic Heimerdinger bares a striking resemblance to a famous German physicist, .
- It is a reference to , a comedic alien invasion movie.
- The skin changes the look of his turrets to retro sci-fi rayguns.
- His Chinese artwork is used as an image to show that the League of Legends store is under maintenance.
- The skin slightly changes the texture for his turrets in comparison to the classic skin, making them look more corroded and black with soot.
- It changes the look of his turrets to engines.
- The skin's art background has Hot Rod Corki's flying vehicle.
- He shares this theme with Blitzcrank and Corki.
- Its inspired by Nuclear power plant hazmat suits.
- He holds a bottle of green liquid, probably radioactive in nature.
- This skin is probably a reference to .
- However, this skin is more likely a reference to the Bethesda/Obsidian developed game "Fallout."
- Heimerdinger created Master Yi's goggles, the Seven Lenses of Insight.
- Heimerdinger also created Corki's Reconnaissance Operations Front-Line Copter (ROFL copter).
- Related Themes