|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Heimerdinger was designed by Ezreal.
- Heimerdinger is voiced by Dennis Collins Johnson, who also voiced Taric and Gangplank prior their rework.
- His name is a combination of the names of , a physicist known for being the "father" of the atomic bomb, and , one of the fathers of quantum physics.
- Heimerdinger's walking animation is often referred to by players and Rioters alike as "derpy", highlighted as one of his unique qualities, as shown in this video.
- His full name is Cecil B. Heimerdinger.
- Prior to his rework, Heimerdinger was only able to place two H-28G Evolution Turrets. However, it was possible to have 3 active by utilizing a glitch with Syndra's Force of Will. If 2 turrets were placed and one of them was targeted for Force of Will, Heimerdinger could place one more turret during the stasis.
- Heimerdinger was the only champion who could restore turrets' health, with his passive Techmaturgical Repair Bots. As of his rework, the ability no longer affects turrets.
- Activating UPGRADE!!! will give Heimerdinger a buff and the tooltip reads "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" , This is a reference to a Daft Punk song by the same name.
- Scoring a Pentakill will grant Heimerdinger the buff, Eureka!, which rejoices his successful "correction" of his opponents' living status. This is purely cosmetic.
- Heimerdinger can toggle his walk animation, by joking, taunting, dancing, or laughing.
- This will toggle the walking animation between his classic "derpy" animation or the new walking animation.
- Heimerdinger is one of seven champions to have more than 4 skills, the others being Nidalee, Lee Sin, Jayce, Elise, Karma, and Gnar.
- Heimerdinger, after his rework, was the sixth champion to have more than 4 skills.
- He has special quotes for Vel'Koz, Ziggs, Jayce, Vi and Viktor .
- His walking quote "For great science" is a reference to the internet meme "For great justice", which originated from the translation of the game Zero Wing.
- His other walking quote, "Back, you dirty ape, back!" is a reference to .
- In yet another one of his walking quotes, he'll say "Raise your what?", which is a reference to "ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ", which was posted by Michael Santana on his Twitter account. Michael Santana (Imaqtpie from Team Dignitas) is a well-known Heimerdinger player.
- Rumble's League Judgment contains a quote from Heimerdinger, who insults him in a technical manner: "The probability of your continued existence is rapidly approaching zero."
- His quote "Not enough variables... hmm... not nearly enough variables." is a reference to Mordin Solus from the series where the characters usual quote for any situation is "Too many variables.".
- His quotes, "Aha, 42, I knew it! Now - er, what was the question again?", and, "42... there's just something about that number.", are references to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy .
- On the Brazilian server, one of Heimerdinger's jokes is replaced with a joke that references the mexican TV series .
- The quote "I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed!" (Heimerdinger's taunt: "I prefer a battle of wits, but you're unarmed!") is attributed to William Shakespeare.
- Classic Heimerdinger bares a striking resemblance to a famous German physicist, .
- It is a reference to , a comedic alien invasion movie.
- The skin changes the look of his turrets to retro sci-fi rayguns.
- His Chinese artwork is used as an image to show that the League of Legends store is under maintenance.
- The skin slightly changes the texture for his turrets in comparison to the classic skin, making them look more corroded and black with soot.
- It changes the look of his turrets to engines.
- The skin's art background has Hot Rod Corki's flying vehicle.
- He shares this theme with Blitzcrank and Corki.
- It's inspired by Nuclear power plant hazmat suits.
- He holds a bottle of green liquid, probably radioactive in nature.
- This skin is probably a reference to and the series.
- Heimerdinger created Master Yi's goggles, the Seven Lenses of Insight.
- Heimerdinger also created Corki's Reconnaissance Operations Front-Line Copter (ROFL copter).
- Heimerdinger has respect for other scientists and engineers, such as Jayce and Vi.
- Ziggs saw Heimerdinger as a rolemodel and wanted to be a scientist like him. While Heimerdinger sees Ziggs as quite reckless, he also recognizes his great potential and invited him to work at the Piltover Academy with him. However Ziggs' loud research seems to disturb his own research.
- Heimerdinger is impressed by the results Vel'Koz is getting with his "research" although he doesn't agree with his methods of aquiring knowledge.
- Related Themes