Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hexakill is a new gamemode that was playable by Beta testers on the 25th of January, 2014 on the PBE, that is played on Summoner's Rift with six players on each team instead of the regular five. It was initiated between 4pm and 5pm on the 20th of January, 2014, GMT +0.
The name comes from the new multi-kill possible with six players, where the "Hexakill" will be announced when one player scores six kills in quick succession (the previous limit was five being a Pentakill). Note that a Hexakill can only be scored in the Hexakill gamemode.
There are a number of new strategic possibilities with this new gamemode (which was the intended purpose).
- Important note: This is not intended to be a comparison, but rather a list of tips, tricks, and things to avoid when delving into new territories into which men have gone before. This is certainly not a limit on compositions, indeed creativity is very much welcome.
The Duo Top
- The Relic Shield line of items is highly recommended
- Good match would include and champion with CC abilities like Shen or Nautilus.
The Duo Jungle
- This typically includes one 'home' jungler and one 'counter' jungler, the latter typically being someone with either great dueling potential ( Rengar) and/or great escapes ( Shaco).
The Duo Mid
- Same as duo Top, since there is one more champion on the team, and there is a Jungler, another player can go mid.
- Roamers should be champs who require relatively little gold to do well (like Alistar).
The Duo All Lanes
- Since there are more than 5 players on the map, each lane can be filled with 2 players.
- All players fight in the middle lane just like the popular ARAM mode.
Hexakill: Twisted Treeline
A new version of this game mode (enabled in V4.18) takes place in the Twisted Treeline. To compensate for the greater number of players on the map, minions and experience scale up more quickly, and the control of both altars provide buffs to minions as well.
|Co-op vs. AI||Classic|
| Featured Game Mode|