- Mission exclusive Crafting Materials and Rewards can be found here.
Hextech Crafting was launched on:
Champion capsules are awarded when leveling up. They contain between one and four champions shards, for a total disenchant value that goes from 720 and 1,260. Champions shards can be consumed by doing one of the following:
- Disenchant to obtain (20% of the champion BE cost in the Store) Blue Essences.
- Activate rental for 7 days.
- Upgrade to champion permanent; costs 60% of the champion BE cost in the Store.
Honor Capsules are earned at end of match if player have at least Honor level 3. These capsules contain champions shards, key fragments or exlusive honor skins.
Epic Capsules were limited time capsules. They rewarded you with 3 skins, at least one being Epic and increased Chance of getting Gemstone.
Players earn a Mastery Chest whenever they or a member of their premade party earn an S-, S or S+, while they are playing a champion eligible to earn a chest and have an available chest slot.
- Players can only earn chests while playing a champion they own.
- Players can only earn one chest per champion per competitive season.
- Champions eligible to earn chests are shown on the Champion Collection tab.
- Note that a champion becomes ineligible after earning a chest, not after obtaining an S grade.
- Players can earn 1 chest every 7 days, storing up to four available chests in reserve. The number of available chests is shown in the Summoner Profile.
- Even though the Profile refers them as "Mastery Chests", Chests rewarded by Mastery Grades are identical to Hextech Chests purchased in the store.
Chests must be unlocked with a Hextech key.
- Keys can also be purchased in the store for 125.
- 3 Key Fragments can be combined into a Key.
Unlocking a Hextech Chest awards "Loot". You are guaranteed to receive one of the following:
- Champion Shards – Uncommon (30% Frequency)
- Cosmetic Shards
- Champion Skins – Common (60% Frequency)
- Ward Skins – Rare (6.6% Frequency)
- Summoner Icons – Rare (3.3% Frequency)
- Emotes – Rare (Unknown Frequency)
There is also a chance to get an additional drop of one of the following:
- Orange Essence – Rare (1% Drop Rate)
- Gemstones – Rare (4% Drop Rate)
Only the odds for Gemstones have been officially disclosed. The rest are estimated based on player studies. The first study referenced also determined that players have a 25% chance of receiving Legacy Vault cosmetics, which is disproportionately higher than one would expect if all skins had equal odds.
Loot Exclusive Content
There are a number of skins that can only be obtained via the Loot system:
|Skin||Hextech Chest ()||Re-Rolled Shards||Crafted with Rare Gems|
|[ | ]||Rare||10|
|[ | ]||Rare||10|
|[ | ]||Rare||10|
|[ | ]||Ultra Rare|
|[ | ]||Rare||10|
can also be obtained with a Redeemable Code from [ | ]Riot events.
Crafting Materials are obtained when a Hextech Chest is unlocked. They include essences and shards.
- Blue Essence (BE)
- Used as the new Store currency, to buy Champions and Rune Pages.
- Used for upgrading Champion shards to permanent versions.
- Used for achieving Tier 6 and Tier 7 champion mastery.
- Obtained through disenchanting Champion shards and permanent champions.
- Used to participate in the Essence Emporium and buy exclusive legacy content (e.g. Urfwick skin,Essence Collector Ward, Hextech Champion Shard, Exclusive Icons)
- Orange Essence (Cosmetic)
- Used for upgrading Champion skins shards and Ward skins shards to permanent versions.
- Used for unlocking Icons & Emotes from drops (shards).
- Obtained through disenchanting cosmetic shards and permanent cosmetic items (i.e.: Champion skin shards).
- Champion Shards
- Can be combined with Blue Essence to permanently unlock the champion.
- Can be consumed to temporarily unlock the champion for 7 days.
- Can be combined with the champion's Mastery Token to improve the champion's mastery rank to 6 and 7.
- Can be disenchanted into Blue Essence, which can be used to upgrade other Champion Shards or buy champions for full price from the Store.
- Skin Shards (Cosmetic)
- All Available, Legacy Vault and Loot Exclusive Champion Skins, Ward Skins, Emotes and Summoner Icons can be obtained as a Cosmetic Shard.
- Can be combined with Cosmetic Essence to permanently unlock the cosmetic.
- Can be consumed to temporarily unlock the skin for 7 days, excluding Summoner Icons and Emotes.
- If you do not own the Champion, the option to permanently or temporarily unlock the Skin is disabled and the additional option to purchase the champion is added (redirects you to the store).
- Can be combined with 3 other Cosmetic Shards (Skin, Ward or Summoner Icon) to permanently unlock 1 Cosmetic you do not own.
- Can be disenchanted into Orange Essence, which can be used to upgrade other Cosmetic Shards.
- If you are lucky enough to receive Loot Exclusive content from a Hextech Chest, it will be added to your inventory as a "Permanent". The distinction between Shards and Permanents is that:
- A Permanent cannot be redeemed temporarily.
- A Permanent has no cost associated with unlocking it permanently.
- Permanents can still be rerolled and disenchanted, and are worth more Essence when disenchanted.
- Champion Crafting
|450 / 260||270||90 () OR ? ()||1|
|1350 / 585||810||270 () OR ? ()||1|
|3150 / 790||1890||630 () OR ? ()||1|
|4800 / 880||2880||960 () OR ? ()||1|
|6300 / 975||3780||1260 () OR ? ()||1|
- Skin Crafting
- Ward Skin Crafting
|640||3||340||213 () OR 320 ()||1|
By Mirross 
Everyone’s favorite combo of sugar, spice, nice, and plenty of burning is getting a new skin as part of hextech crafting and loot. In order to secure appropriate testing for Hextech Annie, we’re putting her and her hextechnically-augmented Tibbers on PBE early, but don’t expect her to debut with the launch of hextech crafting and loot.
Featuring an all-new model, textures, animations and particle effects as well as new sounds, Hextech Annie is intended to be available exclusively through hextech crafting and the loot system by acquiring 10 gemstones either in normal chests and promotional chests through rare drops or by picking up special promo chest bundles (which’ll guarantee a gemstone drop). Gemstones are rare loot drops that can be crafted into a chest and key bundle or saved to combine to craft Hextech Annie.
Promo chests will only be available at limited times and may have different content inside compared to normal chests. For testing on the PBE, we’ve unlocked Hextech Promo Chest bundles in the store so players can pick up Hextech Annie as soon as possible. During this test, buying one of the 10-chest bundles guarantees a gemstone in addition to the gemstones you can find in the chests themselves.
As we mentioned at the beginning, Hextech Annie won’t be available at the launch of hextech crafting and loot. We’ll test her on PBE before testing her release to live servers in Turkey (where we’ve been testing hextech crafting and loot for a little while now). When hextech crafting and loot debut on all live servers, Hextech Annie will follow shortly after.
Lastly, we’re pretty sure everyone’s used to this by now, but please keep in mind the promo chests have been heavily discounted for testing on PBE, and the drop rates of items in the chests may also change before we go live.
Leave your feedback on the skin or even the idea of a free, exclusive skin in hextech crafting below, and we’ll see you on the PBE battlefields!