Easter eggs are messages, in-jokes or little known features that are hidden within League of Legends, with minimal impact on gameplay. Easter eggs are distinct from trivial references as they must be triggered through specific interactions. An example of trivia: Lulu's Help, Pix!'s buff icon is called "Hey! Listen!", which is a reference to .
Hidden passives are specific Easter eggs that affect certain champions when some condition(s) is met.
|Anivia||If Anivia chats with the other players while Rebirth is active, her name is replaced with Eggnivia.|
|Ninjas are more effective when they work alone. Ninjas lose 1 health for every allied Ninja present. A video explaining the Law of Inverse Ninja Strength can be seen here. A previous theory of Ninjas cancelling the easter egg (not losing health) when they are in their respective Doctor skins is proven wrong here.|
|Brand||Zombie Brand's legendary skin has a unique run animation and movement dialogue while chasing an enemy champion.|
|Fizz||When Chum the Waters kills an enemy yordle, if they're small enough, or any other small champion, the shark swallows the body, instead of the body lying on the ground until they respawn.. This does not seem to affect Heimerdinger, and Teemo.|
|Jax||While using the Jaximus skin, Jax will occasionally say: "Here's to you, kid." This is a memorial tribute to Joe, an patient who visited Riot thanks to the .|
|Leona|| Sunlight deals one less damage (before calculating MR) to champions wearing sunglasses. This includes all Commando skins, Surfer Singed, Classic and Aristocrat Vayne, Vandal Twitch, Vandal Gragas, Safari and Officer Caitlyn, Dragon Fist Lee Sin, Corporate Mundo, Hired Gun Graves and Riot Graves. Sunlight will not deal one less damage to Neon Strike Vi whether she wears her sunglasses or not.|
This has been officially stated in-game as a Did you know? trivia fact.
|Nidalee||Prowl grants her the power of a " ". Nearby allied champions gain +5 experience every 5 seconds if they are a lower level than Nidalee. |
|Skarner||If Skarner stands still in a brush for twelve seconds, he may shout out a secret joke. This can't happen twice while remaining in the same bush.|
|Syndra||Force of Will gains a bonus effect when used on the Ancient Golem or the Lizard Elder.|
|Thresh||Thresh has two Easter eggs:|
|Vi|| Vi features several Easter eggs:
| Volibear and Zilean share a rivalry, stemming from Zileas' opposition to an armored bear champion on the forums.
Zac becomes larger or smaller based on how much health he has.
- Taunting an enemy Ashe.
- Taunting an enemy Draven.
- Taunting an enemy Jarvan IV.
- Taunting an enemy Leona.
- Taunting an enemy Lissandra.
- Taunting an enemy Sejuani.
- Taunting an enemy Volibear.
- Taunting an enemy Caitlyn.
- Surviving an enemy Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole.
- Hitting an enemy Jayce with Assault and Battery.
- Standing nearby to an allied Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole.
- Killing an enemy Zilean.
- Taunting an enemy Shen.
- Nami has three unused quotes, "Hey squirt!", "Cool out, squirt." and "Pool party!", that seem to be a reference to Pool Party Ziggs. However, none of them have been triggered in-game.
- Thresh has three unused quotes, "Going somewhere?", "Come back!" and "Hook, line and sinker!". His last quote was previously believed to trigger when using Death Sentence on Nautilus and/or Fizz.
- Twisted Treeline
- The altars feature many unique pieces of dialogue when captured by champions affiliated with the Shadow Isles, including: Elise, Evelynn, Hecarim, Karthus, Mordekaiser and Yorick.
- Vilemaw's lair features the skeletal remains of the Twisted Treeline's former boss, Ebonmaw.
- If two champions dance in front of Vilemaw within 5 seconds of one another, he will do the Carlton Dance.
- The old Twisted Treeline map had a unique interaction with Cassiopeia. While present in the game, the snakes that were part of the maps idle animations were hidden/disabled.
- Autumn Summoner's Rift
- Near Baron Nashor's lair there is a gravestone. Standing near the grave will cause Urf's ghost to appear. If Warwick triggers this interaction, Urf will hurl a spatula at him dealing 1 damage. This will be blocked by spell shields (popping them), but cannot deal lethal damage.
- Below bottom lane were three coffins containing the bodies of Averdrian, Gavid and Tabu. This is believed to symbolize the "nail in the coffin" of their development.
- Howling Abyss
- The announcer will occasionally welcome players to the "Murder Bridge", rather than the "Howling Abyss".
- The shopkeepers feature many unique pieces of dialogue when visiting and buying from them.
- After winning a match in the Howling Abyss, Lissandra will say a special monologue after 30 seconds. She is not required to be in the match for this to happen.
- Certain structures in the map will break and fall in to the abyss after a certain action is done.
- Dying near one of the statues on the bridge's sides might cause it to break or not.
- Walking near the large pillar on the left side of the blue team's base will cause it to topple down.
- Scoring a first blood will destroy another bridge at the leftmost side of the map.
- There are a set of blocks near the purple team's outer turret that will fall when walking near it.
- After losing a set amount of health, the turrets will begin to crumble. This can happen twice before being destroyed.
- Round, furry creatures, known as Poros, can be seen running around in the map. Feeding one ten times with will cause it to explode into eight more Poros.
The following champions receive cosmetic buffs at the start of each game. These have no effect on gameplay.
- Akali, Kennen, Shen and Zed - Ninja: "This unit is a flippin' ninja!"
- Gangplank - Pirate: "Yarr! I'm a mighty Pirate!"
- Miss Fortune - Pirate Hunter: "Yarr! I'm a mighty Pirate... Hunter!"
Events, also known as "quests" and "secondary objectives", are a new feature to the League of Legends that's goal is to deliver lore to players in more exciting ways than the Journal of Justice or champion backgrounds.
- The Hunt is On! is an event that occurs between Kha'Zix and Rengar.
- The Battle for Freljord is an event that occurs between Ashe, Sejuani and Lissandra