provides players an offensive utility and damage spell that scales with level. Throughout Season 2 and Season 3, it was a popular spell for creating a greater margin for a kill in an all-in attack, particularly useful on burst-centric champions such as mages or assassins, where a kill combo typically treads the boundary of finishing a full-health or nearly full-health opponent. In the second half of Season 3, it began to see increasing use in the support role for playstyles prone to aggressive all-ins. The changes to and in Season 4 have provided powerful tools to defend against all-ins, causing to fall out of favor among all but the most aggressive roles and weakening aggressive champions and strategies overall.
The following table compares the effectiveness ofvs on a target affected by .
|Level||Total damage||Damage per second||Absorbed damage||Absorbed damage in 2 seconds||Received Damage||Percentage of Damage Negated||Healing||Reduced healing ( GW)||Received Damage||Percentage of Damage Negated|
will always negate 40% of damage if it is activate while under the effect of for at least 2 seconds. will always negate more damage than . Note that will absorb a larger portion of damage at lower levels.
- removes the damage-over-time component of , but not the healing reduction.
- healing debuff does not reduce shields or health boosts like or .
- Multiple uses of on the same target will refresh its duration and does not provide a stacking effect.
- Grievous Wounds, such as . does not stack with any other abilities that apply
- Taking Damage from ignite interrupts Recall as of patch V5.3; other channeled abilities are unaffected.
- The cooldown of this spell can be reduced by the mastery or by .
|ARAM aura +||43%||171s||N/A||136.8s||119.7s||102.6s||N/A||45.6s|
|ARAM aura +||50%||150s||N/A||120s||105s||90s||N/A||40s|
|ARAM aura + +||52.5%||142.5s||N/A||114s||99.75s||85.5s||N/A||38s|
- The icon for shows great resemblance to since they are both icons of a hand holding a flame.
- and are the only 2 summoner spells that can deal direct damage to enemy champions.
|Featured Game Mode||