|Effect||Ignites an enemy champion, dealing 50 + (20 × level) true damage over 5 seconds, reducing their health regeneration and healing received by 50%, and revealing them for the duration. Does not reveal stealth.|
Ignite is a targeted summoner spell. It deals a moderate amount of true damage over 5 seconds and reduces healing and regeneration effects on the target by 50% for the duration, revealing them for the duration.
Ignite affords players an offensive utility and damage spell that scales with level. Throughout Season 2 and Season 3, it was a popular spell among summoners for its focused and aggressive nature, and in Season 4 it has risen as a popular spell for supports to provide additional kill potential.
A well-placed healing reduction debuff from Ignite can severely limit the effectiveness of enemy healing items, as well as healing abilities from champions like Soraka, Vladimir, and Warwick. This also applies to life steal and spell vamp effects from items and abilities such as and Morgana's Soul Siphon.
Furthermore, Ignite's true damage pierces fully through armor and magic resist, and is not mitigated by damage reduction. This makes Ignite an effective counter to mitigation-based items and abilities like the defensive stats from and Garen's Courage.
- Cleanse removes the damage over time component of Ignite, but not the healing reduction.
- The healing debuff from Ignite does not reduce the amount of temporary health gained from shields like Barrier and Janna's Eye of the Storm or maximum health boosts such as and Lulu's Wild Growth.
- Multiple uses of Ignite on the same target will not stack.
- The healing debuff from Ignite does not stack with any other abilities that apply a healing debuff, such as Miss Fortune's Impure Shots.
- Casting ignite does not interrupt channeling spells, e.g. Malzahar's Nether Grasp
- When channeling a spell and you want to Ignite make sure the target is within Ignite range. If you cast Ignite while channeling a spell like Malzahar's Nether Grasp while the target is out of range of your Ignite your champion will break his/her spell channel and move towards the enemy champion to cast Ignite.
- Igniteing a recalling Enemy won't stop his Recall, although he gets damaged. as of 5/6/2013.
- The icon for Ignite shows a great resemblance to Annie's Pyromania since they are both icons of a hand holding a flame.
Table of damage increase
|Level||Total True Damage||Damage per second|