Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Playing As Illaoi
- Tentacles are an immense source of power. Don't fight without them.
- Spirits inherit their target's current health. If making a Vessel is your goal, try whittling your opponent's health down a bit first to make killing the spirit easier.
- Leap of Faith is best used to follow-up a strong engage or when being engaged upon. Be careful about being the first one into a fight.
- Playing Against Illaoi
- Killing Tentacles whenever possible will make it much easier to win a fight against Illaoi.
- When your spirit gets pulled out, fight back if you can. Dealing damage to Illaoi reduces the spirit's duration.
- Avoid grouping up for Leap of Faith to reduce the number of Tentacles available to Illaoi.
- Ability Usage
- Tentacles queue attack commands. Commanding an attack from a Tentacle that is already performing an attack will make that Tentacle strike again directly after it finishes its first attack.
- Spirits and their bodies can both be damaged by the same instance of damage. Pairing Illaoi with an area of effect damage dealer, such as Brand, causes Test of Spirit to effectively amplify damage to the target.
- Damage dealt to the target of Test of Spirit is not redirected to the Spirit. As such, it is possible to kill the target if their health is reduced lower than the Spirit's. Establishing the Spirit before engaging the fight can give you a means to finish your target off if they get out of your reach but do not break the tether.
- Tentacles, both active and dormant, can be targeted by .
- While playing in the jungle, you would do well to use the time before the camps spawn to set-up Tentacles at the first few camps you intend to clear. As well as increasing your damage output, they will also alert you when they're in combat with any would be invaders.
- When you go into a fight remember to pull out the Spirit of the nearest enemy champion, then quickly activate Leap of Faith to summon the maximum amount of Tentacles, and immediately after start hitting the Spirit.
- Sometimes a good defense is a good offense, try to pull out the enemy's Spirit near your turret and your Tentacles.
- AoE damage will be amplified for an enemy champ if he and his Spirit receive the damage at the same time.
- Illaoi's don't have important CCs or defensive abilities but is compensate it with her incredible physical AoE damage and sustain, so a good "couple" for her is a champ that have a lot of CCs, can protect her from enemy damage and maybe a good magic AoE damage just like:
- Braum. His Q can stun enemies but need a little cordiation to doing well, the W allows him to increases her resistances, E permits to protect her from based projectile attacks and his ult gives knock-up and a potent slow that is impossible to reduce that combines very good with her ult.
- Amumu. His abilities dealt medium and constant magic damage specially his W also his ult is perfect to for Illaoi's ult.
- Jarvan IV. His ult allows Illaoi to secure champs strikes for her ult and Tentacles. Is useless against champ with dashes or blinks.
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- You must buy one boot to increase Illaoi's movement speed.
- You can upgrade it into if the enemy team has a lot of CC.
- Upgrade into if most of the damage that you receive is from basic attacks or abilities.
is one of Illaoi's core items as it provides:
- 300 health for her survivaly.
- 50 AD, every of her basic abilities have good AD scalings.
- 20% CDR, this statistic is very important to Illaoi because most of her damage are from her abilities.
- The most important effect is the 30% armor reduction allowing her to deal more damage also against heavy armored champions. Illaoi can stack the effect very quickly thanks of her Tentacles and abilities to all enemy champs.
is another Illaoi's core item on part with as it provites:
- + 65 bonus armor for her survivality against AD champs and minions attacks.
- + 500 bonus mana allowing her to casting abilities more frecuently by solving mana issues.
- 20% CDR, equal to this statistic is very important to Illaoi because most of her damage are from her abilities.
- The 20 bonus movement speed is useful to move fast across your enemies or when you are escaping.
- The most important effect is the Spellblade effect that creates an Icy Zone that scales with Illaoi's 100% high base AD (damage) and 55% bonus armor (radius) and SLOWS every enemy in the zone by 30% allowing Illaoi's Tentacles to ensure to hits his target. Also gives her another AoE damage.
- This effect synergizes well with armor reduction allowin Illaoi to stack it more quickly to all enemy champs.
can be a great fighter item to Illaoi as it provides:
- + 400 health for her survivaly and also stacks with Sterak's Fury.
- + 25% base AD, on Illaoi this effect is very incredible as she have a high base attack damage in all levels, her basic abilities and Tentacles scales with total AD so them will be increased their damage. Also this will increase the bonus damage of Spellblade.
- The most important effect is the Sterak's Fury that generates an absorption shield equal of Illaoi's 30% maximum health and another + 25% bonus base AD allowing Illaoi to survive a burst damage or a team fight and dealt an awesome damage.
- Against AP champs considering to buy one or two of the next items:
- Tentacle to 6.25% from 5% of Illaoi's missing health. Also gives 500 health, 55 magic resistance and 10% CDR. , give a great regeneration on your Health Regen and increases the healing effect of an
- , protects Illaoi from an important spell either by burst damage or a heavy CC, gives 70 magic resistance, 300 healt and a good health regen.
- 50 AD, 10 Armor penetration to increase Illaoi's damage and 40 magic resistance, a magic shield that scales with magic resistance to increases her survivality. It's very useful against burst magic damage. Don´t buy it if you buy . , is a good fighter option as it provides
- Against AD champs considering to buy one or two of the next items:
- is great against basic attacks champions and gives a little bonus armor but you only will buy if the enemy team don't haves important CC to reduce or if them have CCs that is impossible to reduce.
- Frostbite. The active is useful for your Tentacles as with you are scaping. is an incredible option as it will reduce attack speed of enemy that attack you, gives a good portion of armor (60) and 500 health for her survivality. The critical reduction is useful against the ADC or critical champs ever more with and also it will affect critical strikes from abilities like
- AD or attack speed just like Master Yi or Tryndamere. is very useful against carrys with a high
- is pretty useful if you need to run so much to escape or attack your target and gives a good initial damage.
- is the best option if the enemy team focusing Illaoi first, as it will revive her after receive most of the damage of basic attacks and abilities as well of CC. This item leave 2 choices to the enemy team, attack Illaoi or ignore her however in these cases Illaoi or her team will probabily win the fight.
- is a good item for its cooldown, damage, and lifesteal. It also makes Illaoi more survivable in teamfights.
- is an execellent offensive choice as it will give more damage to your basic attacks and also scales with maximum health, both effects are AoE. Only buy it if you have enough health items and enough resistances or if your enemies don't kill you quickly.
- For a more 1 vs 1 built try to buy this items:
- is good sustitute of if you want to focusing one target more effectively but remember that you won't have armor, mana, CDR and the Spellblade effect so try to compesate it with other items.
- AD champs. gives you these statistics except Spellblade and is very helpful against
- can be a good sustitude of Spellblade effect but the Rage effect will be useless if you already have .
- will be an excellent choice against magic damage with out lose damage.
- This choice is according the enemy team, , or .
- Be careful when ganking Illaoi after level 6. If she can land her Test of Spirit and Leap of Faith properly, the fight will quickly turn against you.
- Remember that Illaoi's healing is more potent the lower her health, which makes her deceptively durable.
- Dealing damage over time to Illaoi is very effective for reducing your Spirit's duration, because it will be reduced by 1 second for each tick of damage and you won't need to attack Illaoi directly. The more ticks, the less Spirit-related damage for you.
- Every damage (like On-hit effects or spell effects) that deals additional damage with your basic attacks or abilities will reduce the Spirit's duration by 1 second, each.