|"Claw or spear, your end's the same."
It has been suggested that this article or section be merged into Champion ability.
All champions possess a unique passive or innate ability which is active from the start of a game. Some passive abilities improve as a champion levels, for example, Ashe. Some passive abilities encourage players to build a champion in a particular way, such as Galio. Others enhance potential deficiencies such as Dr. Mundo's increased health regeneration which helps replenish health spent on abilities.
Passive abilities can be divided into eight categories as follows.
- A bonus or penalty (buff/debuff, respectively) that affects nearby units: allied, enemy or both. Some of them are active no matter the distance.
- Grants an additional effect/buff to the basic attack of the champion and/or it's related factors (attack speed, critical chance, etc).
- Grants a bonus related to the champion abilites and/or it's related factors (ability power, mana, etc).
- Damage reduction toward the champion.
- Not directly related to damage reduction or capacity to deal damage of the champion (though certain innates have secondary effects which can be related to those).
- Grants a bonus at the death of enemies, allies or even the champion possessing the ability.
- Grants a bonus after a specified amount of ability uses and/or basic attacks. The count is seen in-game as a stack.
- Grants bonuses for stacking another stat (for example: bonus mana for raising Ability Power).
- The following champions have Aura Innates
- The following champions have Offensive Innates
- The following champions have Ability Innates
- The following champions have Defensive Innates
- The following champions have Utility Innates
- The following champions have Death Innates
- The following champions have Stacking Innates
- The following champions have Stats Innates