Invasion is a temporary game mode that first occurred from August, 2017.
- Players: 5
- Map: Valoran City Park
- Mode Type: 5 player co-op battle.
- Win Condition: Defeat a series of invading space monsters, culminating in a large Boss Fight.
Star Guardian game mode is released with two different queues: Invasion (the base experience), and Onslaught. Onslaught mode:
- Onslaught is the higher intensity version of the mode, and can be entered either after playing (not beating) Invasion once, or by queueing for Onslaught with a friend who’s already unlocked it.
- Unlike Invasion, which features two fixed rooms, Onslaught’s succession of rooms will be fully randomized within a set.
- Upon completing each room in Onslaught, you'll be given a score, and a letter grade up to S+.
- First, you’ll be given points based on how long it took you to complete the room (Target time is displayed in the top right corner).
- Afterwards, you’ll receive bonus points for completing the room with very few casualties.
- Upon finishing a run, you’ll receive another letter grade based on your average score across the entire run (Boss Room will be counted twice). This can be seen at the end of the game, as well as on the EoG screen.
- In this gamemode you can only play as a Star Guardian, and a Star Guardian can only be played by one player. All the Star Guardian champions are available, and when selecting a champion the Star Guardian skin is automatically selected.
- , [ | ], [ | ], [ | ], [ | ], [ | ], [ | ], [ | ], [ | ], [ | ]. [ | ]
- Mode Flow
- Each game “run” is made up of a series of 7 different encounters, followed by a final Boss Fight against “The Big One”.
- Between each encounter, you’ll be given a flat amount of Gold and a Level, and will have time to purchase items. *Whenever you’re ready to move on, channel on the large star in the center of the area. Once everyone is ready, you’ll begin the next fight.
Encounters come in four major varieties:
- Simply defeat all enemies: A wave will end as soon as the last enemy is slain.
- Enemies may come in multiple waves, so killing the last enemy is not guaranteed to immediately end the encounter.
- Get yourself (and hopefully your teammates) to the escape point.
- As soon as one of your teammates reaches the escape point (helpfully marked by your lovely familiar assistants), your entire team will instantly win.
- Leaving the Star Guardian Protective Shield will cause you to begin taking damage. Damage taken will escalate rapidly the longer you’re outside, so be careful!
- You and your team are trapped inside the Star Guardian Protective Shield. Hold back the attackers without leaving its confines.
- Combines the traits of both of the above: Defeat all enemies to progress, but leaving the shield will cause you to begin taking damage.
- Defeat the enemy boss and restore peace to Valoran City (Park)!
- A downed guardian isn’t truly out of the fight, and will leave behind Starlight. Any ally standing on the marker for 2 seconds will resurrect the Guardian.
- Both Resurrector and Resurrected will gain a brief period of invincibility.
- Resurrector will spend a bit of their health to save the ally. The Resurrected Guardian’s health will be based on the Resurrector’s.
- Your familiars will constantly summon health packs for your team.
- Picking up the pack will restore some health and a good amount of mana to every member of your team.
- Items disabled in this mode are:
- All consumables items
- All wards
- All gold generation items except the line.
- If you generate additional gold during an encounter (whether it be via items, masteries, runes, whatever) it will be taken out of you gold payment for the next round (So if you earn 50 gold, and should gain 150 gold, you’ll only be given 100 instead).
- Lifesteal will be increasingly weakened as the mode progresses, down to 60% strength for the final bossfight.
- Summoner spells
- Only the following summoner spells are available:
- You can surrender at any time.
- mana restoration passive will trigger versus the invading Champions, making it a must-buy for mana-intensive casters.
- can be used in conjunction with to turn or into a viable healer.
- The S-rank requires 5000 total points, and is not based on an average. Scoring an S on the final boss awards 2000 points by itself.
- Killing all the HUGE monsters within a round will award 250 bonus points.
- No Deaths is worth 200 Points, which is reduced by 50 for each death down to 0.
- The exception is on Escape missions, which awards 400 Points for No Deaths but each death costs 100 Points. This is because there is no time objective.
- This mode is heavily inspired by the Star Guardian skin theme and was released concurrently with the 2017 Star Guardian skins.
- It is the second game mode to have unlocked skins for play, after Dark Star: Singularity.