|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Irelia was designed by Ezreal.
- The floating object behind her head is the "Mantle of Decorum", which is Ionia's highest decoration.
- Irelia's swords stab her as she dies. Whether Irelia does this out of or due to losing control of her blades is up to debate.
- Irelia bears a resemblance to Melia Antiqua, a character from who has a similar outfit as well as hair color.
- Irelia was one of the champions chosen for the Ionian pool available during the 2010 Ionian Versus Noxus Grudge Match. However, she was not one of the selected champions.
- It has been hinted that Irelia's brother Zelos is possibly being made into a champion and is currently in development.
- Irelia has the highest potential tenacity stat in the game, capped at 64.9%: 40% from her passive (granted at least 3 enemy champions are within her sight); 15% from the Tenacious mastery, and 35% from any tenacity item in the game, after being calculated with diminishing returns.
- Irelia is the focus of a LoL meme "better nerf Irelia", in which Morello determines that a certain champion is currently overpowered, but chooses instead to nerf Irelia, due to his numerous alterations to her skillset.
- Irelia received nerfs one day before her release because Morello said she was too "annoying to play against."
- ricklessabandon stated that Irelia is somewhat similar to a lich, and her weapon acts as her phylactery. 
- The naming of her style, "Hiten Style", her backstory, and Xypherous' confirmation show Irelia is based on Kenshin Himura of Rurouni Kenshin. 
- Her French jokes are references to the character of from the eponymous French film.
- Her joke "My blade is not only precise, but totally gnarly" references that she rides her weapon like a surfboard and "gnarly" being a term used by most surfers to tell if something is cool or good.
- Irelia shares two quotes with Garen: "Forge Onward." and "I will not falter."
- Irelia shares a quote with Ezreal, Annie, Thresh, and Evelynn: "This way."
- Irelia shares a quote with Lucian: "It ends here."
- It is a reference to , the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
- The splash art is similar to the cover, both Ezio and Irelia bearing the hidden blade on both of their arms and making the same stance.
- She bares similarities to Marvel Comic's character "Blackwidow" due to the black outfit and red belt buckle.
- She also shares a striking resemblance to Silverfang Akali in design.
- Soraka was responsible for reviving a nearly deceased Irelia during the Noxian invasion of Ionia.