- Ivern is voiced by , who also voices , pre-rework S|L] and [ .
- Ivern's sound design and voice drew inspiration from several video games ( , , ) and movie characters ( from by , from , from ).
- Parts of Ivern’s sounds came from constructing a Foley prop called “The Creaker”, a rope stretching across two wooden planks attached to a hinge.
- Ivern comes from a location in 
's : , modified to sound more Freljordian and druidic.
- Other possible influences are Old Norse  whence also (druidic). "yew-fighter" (Freljordian) and tribal name , from Proto-Celtic *ɸīwerjon- "fatty, fertile > earth, soil",
- Ivern is an of .
- Ivern knows of an event he calls 'the Kumungu Affair'.
- Ivern travels with a squirrel called Mikkus, voiced by a Riot employee called 'Ampson'.
- Mikkus was intended to die in extremely early versions of Ivern's backstory. The development team were all very upset with Matthew 'FauxSchizzle' Dunn because of it.
- Ivern was amongst the first Freljordians, and therefore the first outsider, to set foot in Ionia after its centuries-old isolation from the rest of the world.
- Ivern's life goal is to succeed the God-Willow he struck down back when he was human. He is 'close' (a relatively long time from a human perspective) to completing this objective.
- Ivern is essentially  (but not invincible).
- e "Trust me, you need this." might be referencing ("It's dangerous to go alone, take this!")
- e "No one who wanders is ever truly lost." resembles "Not all who wander are lost." and "A wanderer isn't always lost." (all reference by )
- e "Oh look, a happy little cloud!" references .
- e "You're my boy, references !"Old skool.
- e "Are references going to Treemoot this year? I'm going to dress up as a sassafras!" from by .
- e "Obviously, and 're not a gopher.""The druid abides" reference ("Obviously, you're not a golfer" and "The Dude abides")
- His many references to a scorpion alludes to the fable of a scorpion riding a frog to cross a river. While the frog swims across, the scorpion stabs the frog, dooming them both. The scorpion apologizes, saying he couldn't fight his own nature. Ivern mentions the scorpion when fights are inevitable.
- He was heavily inspired by s from and s from by .
- He was loosely inspired by from .
- He shares this theme with:
- Ivern sees almost all the forest creatures as friends (not so much ) but he finds the scary.
- As Ivern the Cruel, Ivern once led a rebellion against the Frozen Watchers and the Iceborn.
- Ivern has been all over Runeterra, but he has yet to visit the Blessed/Shadow Isles, and is thus unaware of existence.
- , , and Ivern are all familiar with each other on some level.