- Ivern's sound design and voice drew inspiration from several video games and movie characters. The games were  , , and . The characters were Treebeard from , Yoda in , and Rafiki from .
- The name "Ivern" comes for the setting of Shakespeare's  , Inverness castle, where the forest rises up against the king himself in a prophecy. The name was further edited to sound more Freljordian and Druidic.
- Ivern's full name in French, "Ivern le Père Vert" ("Ivern the Green Father"), sounds similar to "Ivern the pervert".
- Ivern had some dealings with The Kumungu affair.
- Mikkus is a squirrel that travels with Ivern.
- In extremely early backstories, Mikkus was intented to die. The development team were all very upset with FauxSchizzle about it.
- A Riot employee known as Ampson voiced Mikkus.
- Ivern was among the first Freljordian, and among the first outsiders to discover Ionia after its centuries of isolation from the rest of the world.
- Ivern will eventually become the new God-Willow. It's the ultimate fulfillment of his character arc, which he is close to achieving. Considering his extremely long life thus far, it's safe to assume that "close" in this case is still a relatively long time from a human perspective.
- He is essentially Immortal, but he is not invincible.
- "Trust me, you need this" Might be a reference to a "Legend of Zelda" quote "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!"
- "No one who wanders is ever truly lost." is a reference to the line "Not all who wander are lost" from Tolkien's poem. He shares this quote reference with Taliyah's "Not all who wander are lost" quote.
- "Oh look, a happy little cloud!" is a refence to famous lines from Bob Ross. as he always talks about "happy little trees" and "happy little clouds".
- "You're my boy blue!" is a quote reference from the movie Old Skool.
- "Are you going to treemoot this year? I'm going to dress up as a sasserfrass" Is a reference to The Lord of the Rings' Entmoot.
- "Obviously, you're not a gopher" may be a quote reference from the movie The Big Lebowski's line "Obviously, you're not a golfer".
- Classic Ivern [ |
- His appearance was heavily inspired by and from Mythology and Fantasy, being a Treant himself.
- Candy King Ivern [ |
- A mysterious lollipop [ | can be seen in the background of his splash art.
- He was loosely inspired by from the " " game.
- He shares this theme with Lollipoppy [ | .
- Ivern sees almost all the creatures of the forest as his friends.