- Ivern's sound design and voice drew inspiration from several video games ( , , ) and movie characters ( from by , from , from )
- Ivern comes from  by (Inverness Castle, modified to sound more Freljordian and druidic)
- The French equivalent for 'Ivern the Green Father' ('Ivern le Père Vert') sounds like 'Ivern the Pervert'.
- Ivern is voiced by Skarner, Galio, and to fit the "Ivern the pervert" theme, he also voiced "the pervy sage" from . who also voiced
- Ivern knows and was maybe involved in 'the Kumungu Affair'.
- Ivern travels with a squirrel called Mikkus, voiced by a Riot employee called 'Ampson'. 
- Mikkus was intended to die in extremely early versions of Ivern's backstory (the development team were all very upset with Matthew 'FauxSchizzle' Dunn because of it)
- Ivern was amongst the first Freljordians (therefore the first outsider) to set foot in Ionia after its centuries-old isolation from the rest of the world. 
- Ivern's life goal is to succeed the God-Willow he struck down back when he was human. He is 'close' (a relatively long time from a human perspective) to completing this objective. 
- Ivern is essentially immortal (but not invincible) 
- "Trust me, you need this" might be referencing ("It's dangerous to go alone, take this!")
- "No one who wanders is ever truly lost" resembles "Not all who wander are lost" (both reference by )
- "Oh look, a happy little cloud!" references .
- "You're my boy, Blue!" references Old skool.
- "Are you going to Treemoot this year? I'm going to dress up as a sassafras!" references from by .
- "Obviously, you're not a gopher" might be referencing ("Obviously, you're not a golfer.")
- "The Druid Abides" is a reference to The Big Lebowksi ("the dude abides")
- Classic Ivern [ |
- He was heavily inspired by s from and s from by .
- Candy King Ivern [ |
- He was loosely inspired by from .
- He shares this theme with Lollipoppy [ | (a lollipop referencing her can be seen in the background)
- Ivern sees almost all the forest creatures as friends (not so much Dragon) but he finds the Rift Herald scary.
- As Ivern the Cruel, Ivern once led a rebellion against the Frozen Watchers and the Iceborn.
- Ivern has been all over Runeterra, but he has yet to visit the Blessed/Shadow Isles, and is thus unaware of Maokai's existence.
- Bard, Kindred, and Ivern are all familiar with each other on some level.
- He once met a scorpion, this could be Skarner.