Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ivern's sound design and voice drew inspiration from several video games ( , , ) and movie characters ( from by , from , from )
- Ivern comes from  by (Inverness Castle, modified to sound more Freljordian and druidic)
- The French equivalent for 'Ivern the Green Father' ('Ivern le Père Vert') sounds like 'Ivern the Pervert'.
- Ivern is voiced by Skarner, Galio, and to fit the "Ivern the pervert" theme, he also voiced "the pervy sage" from . who also voiced
- Ivern knows and was maybe involved in 'the Kumungu Affair'.
- Ivern travels with a squirrel called Mikkus, voiced by a Riot employee called 'Ampson'. 
- Mikkus was intended to die in extremely early versions of Ivern's backstory (the development team were all very upset with Matthew 'FauxSchizzle' Dunn because of it)
- Ivern was amongst the first Freljordians (therefore the first outsider) to set foot in Ionia after its centuries-old isolation from the rest of the world. 
- Ivern's life goal is to succeed the God-Willow he struck down back when he was human. He is 'close' (a relatively long time from a human perspective) to completing this objective. 
- Ivern is essentially immortal (but not invincible) 
- "Trust me, you need this" might be referencing ("It's dangerous to go alone, take this!")
- "No one who wanders is ever truly lost" resembles "Not all who wander are lost" (both reference by )
- "Oh look, a happy little cloud!" references .
- "You're my boy, Blue!" references Old skool.
- "Are you going to Treemoot this year? I'm going to dress up as a sassafras!" references from by .
- "Obviously, you're not a gopher" might be referencing ("Obviously, you're not a golfer.")
- "The Druid Abides" is a reference to The Big Lebowksi ("the dude abides")
- Classic Ivern [ |
- He was heavily inspired by s from and s from by .
- Candy King Ivern [ |
- He was loosely inspired by from .
- He shares this theme with Lollipoppy [ | (a lollipop referencing her can be seen in the background)
- Ivern sees almost all the forest creatures as friends (not so much Dragon) but he finds the Rift Herald scary.
- As Ivern the Cruel, Ivern once led a rebellion against the Frozen Watchers and the Iceborn.
- Ivern has been all over Runeterra, but he has yet to visit the Blessed/Shadow Isles, and is thus unaware of Maokai's existence.
- Bard, Kindred, and Ivern are all familiar with each other on some level.
- His many references to a scorpion alludes to the fable of a scorpion riding a frog to cross a river. While the frog swims across, the scorpion stabs the frog, dooming them both. The scorpion apologizes, saying he couldnt fight his own nature. Ivern mentions the scorpion when fights are inevitable