Skill usage Edit
- A quick Howling Gale followed by a Zephyr and an auto-attack while the enemy is in the air is an effective harassment method, as it is relatively safe from retaliation due to the amount of CC applied.
- Quickly firing a Howling Gale without the charge up can be used to heavily disable the other team.
- Janna can finish off wounded enemies with Howling Gale with its deceptively long range.
- When Howling Gale is charging in the brush, it is visible to the enemy. But once the gale proceeds it will become invisible until it comes out from the brush.
- Because you lose your movement speed boost after firing Zephyr, consider the consequences of doing so.
- Because Zephyr allows Janna to move through units, she can easily harass enemy champions while using their minions as an obstacle. Doing so will result in drawing minion aggro, so it is beneficial to self-cast Eye Of The Storm when under attack.
- Eye Of The Storm can be used on allied turrets, thereby making it an excellent defense.
- The shield and increased attack damage of Eye Of The Storm can allow allies to favourably harass and trade with enemies.
- Eye Of The Storm grants increased attack damage, so use it on an ally (or yourself) when attacking an enemy turrets or in team fights. To maximize the potential of the shield's attack damage bonus, Eye of the Storm is best used on a friendly DPS champion during a team fight. Take into consideration the current attack speed and attack damage scaling of your potential allied targets.
- Eye Of The Storm (at level 5) is approximately equivalent to a free .
- You must judge when it is appropriate to use Monsoon, especially in team fights. There are multiple functions for this ultimate:
- To disrupt enemy champions' channels.
- To heal the team for an extended push.
- To push enemy champions towards your team's champions or turrets.
- To push enemy champions away from your allies, minions or buildings.
- To protect your team from delayed damage from other abilities such as Karthus's Requiem, Zilean's Time Bomb and damage over time abilities by offsetting the expected damage.
- To isolate enemy champions from their team mates.
- To save one or more of your teammates from a bad situation.
- Flash can work well with Monsoon by flashing into their team and separating them with Monsoon.
- Monsoon is one of the best counters to a team with multiple AoE ultimates/abilities as it will knock enemies back, preventing initiation, canceling channeled spells, and healing your team.
- Janna's abilities allow her to have a natural movement speed bonus that should be used to her advantage.
- A quick combination of Howling Gale and Monsoon is a very good way of saving your team in a losing fight.
- Discharge a tornado ahead of you when fleeing an enemy, make sure they follow you in its' path and release in a timely manner to stall them.
Build usage Edit
- Janna is played primarily as a support, but can also be played as a viable AP carry.
- Support Janna
- Getting CDR/support items, such as and , will be beneficial for Janna as it will allow her to repeatedly cast Eye of the Storm to protect her teammates and Howling Gale to constantly disable the enemy team.
- builds out of and offers a strong movement speed buff. That can help initiating fights, catching enemies or escaping. Because of the utility and the low price (including the gold gain) it's a great support item.
- works well with Eye of the Storm. Together, they grant the carry life steal and attack damage, which will noticeably increase the carry's damage output and self healing.
- is a great supportive item, as it grants survivability to all nearby teammates.
- It is also possible to build . It works well with Janna's skillset and allows her to get a lot of ability power without investing a lot of gold.
- AP Janna
- is a core item on AP Janna, as it allows for more sustained damage with only two damage spells. To maximize AP Janna's effeciency, spread out her skills so that each one procs Lich Bane.
- Building on AP Janna is also required as her burst is not that strong, and the secondary effect improves the rest of her otherwise mediocre damage.
- A increases Janna's survivability, and can be built into a . It grants a good amount of sustain and is a good way to get HP.
- Building works well with Janna as her skill set is great for escaping and kiting.
- Having the highest base mana pool in the game, building is a good idea.
Recommended builds Edit
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Although Janna is mainly played as a support, her damage output is still significant due to high AP ratios from Howling Gale and Zephyr. Do not neglect magic resistance.
- Howling Gale damage output is tremendous, but it needs a few seconds before it can deal full damage. Quickly avoid the spell's path to avoid the damage.
- Have your team stagger to avoid the knock-up, which can be used easily almost instantly.
- Do not underestimate Janna's mobility, as her Zephyr increases her movement speed passively and allows her to move through minions.
- Using Zephyr as a slow removes her movement speed bonus while it is on cooldown. Baiting her to use the slow and then attacking her with a gap-closer can render her more vulnerable. However, this will only really work if Howling Gale and Monsoon are already on cooldown since she may use those in response and as a melee champion, if your team can slow her as well since the duration of Zephyr's slow is significant enough to likely stop as few autoattacks for melee champions trying to chase her without Janna being slowed herself.
- When you see Janna channeling her Monsoon, quickly disable her to prevent her from healing her teammates.
- During early game, try to force her to shield early(through damage, movement feints, etc). Then wait for it to wear off, so you can use your higher damage spells on her. This can severely cripple her presence in lane or force her to go back, potentially leaving her ADC defenseless or turning her into an easy kill.