|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- A quick Howling Gale followed by a Zephyr and an auto-attack while the enemy is in the air is an effective harassment method, as it is relatively safe from retaliation due to the amount of CC applied.
- Quickly firing a Howling Gale without the charge up can be used to heavily disable the other team.
- Janna can finish off wounded enemies with Howling Gale with its deceptively long range.
- When Howling Gale is charging in the brush, it is visible to the enemy. But once the gale proceeds it will become invisible until it comes out from the brush.
- Because you lose your movement speed boost after firing Zephyr, consider the consequences of doing so.
- Because Zephyr allows Janna to move through units, she can easily harass enemy champions while using their minions as an obstacle. Doing so will result in drawing minion aggro, so it is beneficial to self-cast Eye Of The Storm when under attack.
- Eye Of The Storm can be used on allied turrets, thereby making it an excellent defense.
- The shield and increased attack damage of Eye Of The Storm can allow allies to favourably harass and trade with enemies.
- Eye Of The Storm grants increased attack damage, so use it on an ally (or yourself) when attacking an enemy turrets or in team fights. To maximize the potential of the shield's attack damage bonus, Eye of the Storm is best used on a friendly DPS champion during a team fight. Take into consideration the current attack speed and attack damage scaling of your potential allied targets.
- Eye Of The Storm (at level 5) is approximately equivalent to a free .
- You must judge when it is appropriate to use Monsoon, especially in team fights. There are multiple functions for this ultimate:
- To disrupt enemy champions' channels.
- To heal the team for an extended push.
- To push enemy champions towards your team's champions or turrets.
- To push enemy champions away from your allies, minions or buildings.
- To protect your team from delayed damage from other abilities such as Karthus's Requiem, Zilean's Time Bomb and damage over time abilities by offsetting the expected damage.
- To isolate enemy champions from their team mates.
- To save one or more of your teammates from a bad situation.
- Flash can work well with Monsoon by flashing into their team and separating them with Monsoon.
- Monsoon is one of the best counters to a team with multiple AoE ultimates/abilities as it will knock enemies back, preventing initiation, canceling channeled spells, and healing your team.
- Janna's abilities allow her to have a natural movement speed bonus that should be used to her advantage.
- A quick combination of Howling Gale and Monsoon is a very good way of saving your team in a losing fight.
- Discharge a tornado ahead of you when fleeing an enemy, make sure they follow you in its' path and release in a timely manner to stall them.
- Janna is built to be a highly utilitarian support, but her high scaling of ability power allows her to function as a CC-oriented mage also. Her prime statistics are ability power and cooldown reduction.
- Support Janna
- As un AP support Janna enjoys gigantical ability power ratios , notably on Monsoon's heal.
- Unlike other AP supports, like Lulu or Nami Janna's attack range is very short, making the AP support core item not very useful against ranged opponents. As a normaly passive and defensive support is more fitting for her
- Janna is very mana hungry, as such an early will largely mitigate this problem. You can upgrade it right away into , but you will need ward coverage so rushing a into a is recommended. The health given by it helps a lot with the now-popular kill bot lanes. On any case eventually getting your is highly recommended
- Along with that , and CDR masteries you will hit 40% that is very important for Janna.
- From that on feel free to grab AP or pure support items. AP will transform into powerful utility and amage while support items will plain out give the utility to her.
- At about 350 AP Monsoon's heal is so powerful that it can make Janna's team almost invulnerable to non-burst damage for it's duration
- Eye Of The Storm scales extremely hard with AP and quickly turns into a huge health barrier, and -ironicaly- getting even larger that the summoner spell barrier, as well on a 6 second cooldown. This ability is not very useful late game without AP
- Zephyr damage scales only moderatly but the slow gets very harsh with AP
- Howling Gale while is Janna's main damage ability is also the one that scales the worst with AP. The ratio is medriocre if fired right away and decent at best if fully charged
- If you choose the AP path recommended items are: , , . You can also drop your boots as Zephyr movement speed boost with high AP largely beats the movement given by any boot. A good replacement for that lost CDR is Banner of Command that also packs a beafy amount of AP.
- In a more supportive build items like , and are useful. You should bear in mind that Janna's scaling with AP alredy boosts her utility a lot -not to mention her damage- so building this items is a questionable desicion.
- AP Janna
- is a core item on AP Janna, as it allows for more sustained damage with only two damage spells. To maximize AP Janna's effeciency, spread out her skills so that each one procs Lich Bane.
- Building on AP Janna is also required as her burst is not that strong, and the secondary effect improves the rest of her otherwise mediocre damage.
- A increases Janna's survivability, and can be built into a . It grants a good amount of sustain and is a good way to get HP.
- Building works well with Janna as her skill set is great for escaping and kiting.
- Having THE largest mana pool in the game, building is a good idea. However bear in mind that Janna has a hard time charging it up. Only pick it up if you are sure the game will last for long. It bears great results but takes time
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Although Janna is mainly played as a support, her damage output is still significant due to high AP ratios from Howling Gale and Zephyr. Do not neglect magic resistance.
- Howling Gale damage output is moderate, but it needs a few seconds before it can deal full damage. Quickly avoid the spell's path to avoid the damage.
- Have your team stagger to avoid the knock-up, which can be used easily almost instantly.
- By late game Eye Of The Storm becomes a huge bulwark of health. Be careful of getting batited into killedg one of her low health allies and suddendly she gives them 500 bonus health.
- Do not underestimate Janna's mobility, as her Zephyr increases her movement speed passively and allows her to move through minions.
- Using Zephyr as a slow removes her movement speed bonus while it is on cooldown. Baiting her to use the slow and then attacking her with a gap-closer can render her more vulnerable. However, this will only really work if Howling Gale and Monsoon are already on cooldown since she may use those in response and as a melee champion, if your team can slow her as well since the duration of Zephyr's slow is significant enough to likely stop as few autoattacks for melee champions trying to chase her without Janna being slowed herself.
- When you see Janna channeling her Monsoon, quickly disable her to prevent her from healing her teammates.
- During early game, try to force her to shield early(through damage, movement feints, etc). Then wait for it to wear off, so you can use your higher damage spells on her. This can severely cripple her presence in lane or force her to go back, potentially leaving her ADC defenseless or turning her into an easy kill.