|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Jarvan IV was designed by Ezreal
- Jarvan IV is voiced by Ezreal and Graves. , who also voices
- His full name and title is Prince Jarvan Lightshield the Fourth. The Exemplar of Demacia is his title.
- During Maokai's Art Spotlight, a tab for Jarvan IV can be faintly seen at the top.
- He was first mentioned in Urgot's background story.
- In Jarvan IV's Champion Spotlight, his character portrait resembles .
- Jarvan IV's two-year expedition to the south of the Great Barrier is still a mystery.
- Jarvan IV did not have a Judgment before entering the League due to an interruption from Swain. Thus, no one has truly "explored" his mind.
- Jarvan IV's quote "Today is a good day to die" is ultimately believed to come from the one of the Lakotan war chiefs, either Crazy Horse or Sitting Bull.
- Jarvan IV's quote "Ours is but to do and die" is a reference to a line in The Charge of the Light Brigade by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
- Jarvan IV's quote "For my father, the king" is also spoken by from the series.
- In the Polish client, one of Jarvan IV's quotes is "We won't forsake the land we came from" (org. Nie rzucim ziemi, skąd nasz ród). This phrase comes form Polish poem Rota(The Oath), which was proposed to be Poland's national anthem after World War I.
- It was rewarded to players with a gold or platinum rank in any ranked game mode for free after Season One ended.
- It could be a reference to Team Thunder Crash from the Unreal Tournament series of games, due to their similar armor structure, its dark green coloration, and the use of gold accents and icons.
- The Chinese art has a very striking resemblance to the cover of Battlefield series games, namely Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3.
- He shares this theme with Lux, Xin Zhao, Galio and Garen.
- It might have inspired the connection between him and Shyvana, as they both slew the dragon that murdered her father.
- He shares this theme with Braum, Pantheon and Vayne.
- It may be an allusion to Warcraft III hero Arthas, specifically the scene where the aforementioned character (in new armor) returns home to a shower of rose petals.
- He resembles the design of the Guild Wars classic warrior symbolic armor stance.
- He bears striking resemblance to the Dragoons of various Final Fantasy games.
- It is a homage to Koei's design of in , a game based on .
- Coincidentally, Lu Bu in English as of Dynasty Warriors 5 is voiced by Garen. , who also voices fellow Demacian
- Jarvan IV is the son of Jarvan III, the current King of Demacia.
- Jarvan IV's grandfather, Jarvan II, rescued Xin Zhao from the Fleshing, a gladiator event in Noxus.
- Garen is Jarvan's childhood companion.
- Jarvan IV is the arch-enemy of Jericho Swain.
- Moved by Shyvana's plight, Jarvan IV assisted her in slaying the mighty dragon that killed her father. After the battle, Jarvan IV offered Shyvana a place as a noble warrior in the ranks of the Demacian Elite Guard. Out of gratitude and necessity, Shyvana accepted.
- In Poppy's backstory, she delivers a helm that she and her father had made. This was said to have been very important, and also was described as having a jewel in the front, similar to Jarvan IV's helm in his classic skin.
- It has been speculated that LeBlanc disguised herself as Jarvan IV, or had mentally manipulated him, in order to start the Kalamandan war between Demacia and Noxus.
- After Jarvan IV was defeated and nearly executed by Swain and Urgot, people described him as "different". This lead to the speculation that for a period of time, LeBlanc replaced Jarvan IV.
- However, according to speculations made based on a note, Jarvan IV was kidnapped and replaced by LeBlanc months after his Judgement was held. By looking at later issues of Journal of Justice, it is also possible to say that Jarvan IV was likely rescued by Katarina, thus he is no longer impersonated by LeBlanc.
- Similarly, the fact that people described Jarvan as being "different" after his failure, and that his two year long journey is quite mysterious, are probably unrelated to this issue since both events occurred long before Jarvan IV even became a champion.
- RiotRunaan stated that what was going on with Jarvan IV is very different from what the community thinks, so this theory is most likely false.
- Jarvan IV once protested with Katarina about Heywan Relivash's involvement in the upbringing of Kalamandan War with Swain.