Martial Cadence is an on-hit effect ability.
- The triggering autoattack will apply other on-hit effects and can critical strike as normal.
- Unlike most other on-hit physical damage, Martial Cadence's bonus damage does not apply life steal. This is a special case, perhaps to prevent abuse or for flavor. The triggering attack will still apply life steal.
- Martial Cadence's bonus damage does not affect structures.
- Martial Cadence will deal 0.5 points of bonus damage to wards.
- Critical strikes do not interact with Martial Cadence's bonus damage.
- Martial Cadence not be applied if the attack is parried, dodged, blocked, or Jarvan is blinded.
- Spell shields will not block the on-hit effect.