- Jax was designed by Ezreal (person).
- Jax is voiced by Erik Braa, who also voices Draven.
- Jax's name may derive from the Greek warrior
- The name may have also derived from , the legendary undefeatable weapons master in book series.
- Jax's background does not reveal where he came from before he joined the League.
- Jax's outward appearance resembles the look of the "Garo ", a ninja-like tribe in "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask".
- In Jax's game information page on the beta version of leagueoflegends.com, his background image is an altered version of his classic artwork - altered to include a horned, shadowy figure. The shadow resembles Aatrox, although with enough differences that it could be another of the five darkin. Riot has never spoken publically about this change or what it entails.
- Vandal Jax does not appear to be related to the gang that has surfaced among the other champions with the vandal skins such as Twitch, Brand, Vladimir and Gragas. This is further supported by its release date, which preceded the other Vandal skins by a significant amount.
- Vandal Jax may be a reference to Paragon Ash from PlayStation video game "Vandal Hearts" as the colour matches almost perfectly. An image of Paragon Ash can be seen here .
- Jaximus is a reference to the
, a gladiator class from the Roman Imperial Age.
- It might also be a reference to Maximus, the protagonist of the movie 'Gladiator', although Maximus wields a sword, rather than a polearm.
- This skin features a memorial tribute to Joe, a Ewings Sarcoma patient who visited Riot thanks to the Make A Wish Foundation. Joe passed away on June 5, 2012. The movement quote for the Jaximus skin, Joe's favorite, was changed to "Here's to you, kid!" in his memory.
- PAX Jax is a reference to the Cardboard Tube Samurai from the web comic (which hosts the Penny Arcade Expo - PAX). A symbol on the skin resembles and matches symbols on the Samurai's gi and the shirt of Penny Arcade protagonist Gabe.
- The Mighty Jax is a reference to 90's Disney Film .
- Most of Jax's special weapons are in a skin. The Lamppost (Original), Fishing rod (Angler Jax) and Cardboard tube (PAX Jax), are all in skins. This leaves the spatula and chicken foot as unused.
- Jax is Gragas' drinking buddy.
- Jax was placed into the League by High Councilor Reginald Ashram, the former leader of the League. Ashram went missing shortly before Jax's arrival.
- In the beta website, Jax is listed as an Ionian champion.
- Fiora is also listed as his rival.