|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Jayce was designed by FeralPony and Hephastopheles.
- When Jayce was under production, his name was "Apollo."
- Jayce is the 100th champion for League of Legends.
- After the community indicated that Jayce's lore made Viktor seem "like a Saturday morning cartoon villain", his lore was rewritten to better reflect how Riot viewed their rivalry.
- This makes Jayce the second champion, after Shyvana, to have their lore changed due to community feedback.
- Jayce is the second champion to have his ultimate available at level 1, the first being Karma and the third being Elise,
- Jayce is the first champion having access to 8 abilities (ultimate in each stance should be counted separately).
- Jayce is one of the four champions who is labelled as both melee and ranged, the others being Kayle, Elise and Nidalee.
- Jayce's dance is a reference to here.
, which is a song by M.C. Hammer. A side-by-side comparison can be seen
- Jayce's shares his dance with Malzahar's.
- Also, Mercury Cannon - Hammer can be simplified to M.C. Hammer.
- Jayce may also be linked to 'the Apprentice' from the game
- He has melee and ranged attacks, and look similar, as well both can fire of a blue ball of power.
- In addition, both have the title of defender.
- Jayce's moniker the "Defender of Tomorrow" is a reference to , and bears a slight resemblence to Superman.
- Jayce appears to have a dominant left eye and a dominant right hand, as he holds his cannon at the base with his left hand, as a left eyed person would with a rifle regardless of left or right hand dominance, while he holds his hammer with his right hand near the top of the hammer as a right hander would.
- Jayce's "Shocking" is likely a reference to Goldfinger.
- Jayce shares a quote with Viktor: "Pave the way."
- His quote "Hammer time" is a reference to the MC Hammer song U Can't Touch This.
- His quote "Energize" might be a reference to Star Trek's order to teletransport.
- Jayce's Classic skin is a possible reference to hammerites or mechanists, both from the series.
- Full Metal Jayce's voice sounds similar to Viktor. This possibly reflects the important role that Viktor plays in Jayce's lore.
- Full Metal Jayce's suit is similar to the suit of
from the franchise.
- It may also be a reference to Iron Man, as the voice filter is similar to that used by the Iron Man suit in the movies. Jayce also shares a similar backstory as an inventor who turns to being a hero.
- It may also be a reference to the game trilogy "Mass Effect".
- It may also be a reference to the movie "Full Metal Jacket".
- Debonair Jayce is a tribute to Valentine's Day of 2013.
- Debonair Jayce suit with the white coat and red rose also may be a possible reference to Goldfinger.
- Debonair Jayce might be a reference to Sean Connery's James Bond.
- Both skins of Jayce can be considered references to Iron Man - Tony Stark. Full Metal Jayce resembles Iron Man while Debonair Jayce resembles Tony Stark.
- Viktor defeated Jayce and stole a powerful arcane crystal to power his creations. Jayce later created the Mercury Hammer and counter assaulted Viktor's laboratory, destroying Viktor's prototype weapons.