|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Jayce was designed by FeralPony and Hephastopheles.
- When Jayce was under production, his name was "Apollo."
- His production name is likely due to his reveal art, where Jayce is shown looking at the sunrise.
- The name and Jayce's character traits match the philosophical characteristics that are based on certain features of . The Apollonian is based on individuality, and the human form which is used to represent the individual and make one being distinct from all the others. It celebrates human creativity through reason and logical thinking.
- Jayce is voiced by Trevor Devall.
- The visual effects designer for Jayce's log-in screen was Anthony Possobon.
- After the community indicated that Jayce's lore made Viktor seem "like a Saturday morning cartoon villain", his lore was rewritten to better reflect how Riot viewed their rivalry.
- This makes Jayce the second champion, after Shyvana, to have their lore changed due to community feedback.
- Jayce appears to have a dominant left eye and a dominant right hand, as he holds his cannon at the base with his left hand, as a left eyed person would with a rifle regardless of left or right hand dominance, while he holds his hammer with his right hand near the top of the hammer as a right hander would.
- Jayce isn't an official member of Piltover law enforcement, though they frequently cross paths.
- The Acceleration Gates are a fairly recent invention and while Jayce wished to put them all over Piltover, he'd have to get a proposal past Piltovian bureaucracy first. Piltover loves beneficial, sustainable, safe technology, and it's debatable whether it's in their best interest to have people running around the streets at accelerated speeds.
- Since Jayce was commissioned to study the arcane crystal, he was already recognized as an expert on techmaturgical power sources, so his hammer is powered by a far less powerful version of the same energy.
- Jayce is the 100th champion created in League of Legends.
- He is the third champion to be initial released with an recall animation after Darius and Draven.
- Jayce is the second champion to have his ultimate available at level 1, the first being Karma, the third being Elise, and the fourth being Nidalee.
- Jayce is one of six champions to have more than 4 skills, the others being Nidalee, Lee Sin, Elise, Gnar and Rek'Sai.
- Jayce was the third champion to have more than 4 skills.
- Jayce is the first champion to have access to 8 abilities (ultimate in each stance should be counted separately).
- Jayce is one of the five champions who is labelled as both melee and ranged, the others being Kayle, Elise, Nidalee and Gnar.
- Jayce's dance is a reference to here.
, which is a song by M.C. Hammer. A side-by-side comparison can be seen
- Jayce's shares his dance reference with Malzahar's.
- Also, Mercury Cannon Hammer can be simplified to M.C. Hammer.
- Jayce may also be linked to 'the Apprentice' from the game
- He has melee and ranged attacks, and look similar, as well both can fire of a blue ball of power.
- In addition, both have the title of defender.
- Jayce bears close resemblance to "Captain Hammer" from the web mini-series Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. They look visually alike, they talk with similarity in voice and attitude and they are both "heroes" of their respective cities. Both also have an evil scientist nemesis as well as being associated with hammers; Captain Hammer through name and Jayce through his use of the Mercury Hammer.
- Jayce's moniker the "Defender of Tomorrow" is a reference to , and bears a slight resemblance to Superman.
- Jayce's joke may in fact be a reference to the character Gogeta, from Dragon Ball GT, in which Gogeta acts like he will finish Omega Shenron but merely shoots confetti out of his hands, taunting him and saying "Gotcha!".
- Jayce's "Shocking" is likely a reference to Goldfinger.
- Jayce shares a quote with Viktor: "Pave the way."
- His quote "Hammer time" is a reference to the MC Hammer song U Can't Touch This.
- His quote "Energize" might be a reference to order to teletransport.
- Classic skin is a possible reference to hammerites or mechanists, both from the series.
- This skin bears resemblance to Full Machine Viktor.
- His voice has an added voice effect similar to what Viktor has. This possibly to reflects the important role that Viktor plays in Jayce's lore.
- The helmet of his suit is similar to 's from the franchise.
- It may also be a reference to Iron Man, as the voice filter is similar to that used by the in the movies. Jayce also shares a similar backstory as an inventor who turns to being a hero.
- The lights on his hammer resembles Iron Man's .
- It may also be a reference to the game trilogy .
- It may also be a reference to the from the .
- It may also be a reference to the movie amd Fullmetal Alchemist franchise (but only by name).
- It may also be a reference to the light novel All You Need Is Kill.
- He also shares this theme with Viktor, Pantheon and Rammus.
- This skin is a tribute to Valentine's Day of 2013.
- His suit with the white coat and red rose also may be a possible reference to
- He bears striking resemblance of a French actor, director, producer and comedian, .
- He bears resemblance of the character Roger Smith from the anime .
- He may also be inspired by the character of from the novel .
- His recall animation is inspired by dance moves.
- Both Full Metal and Debonair skins can be considered references to - Tony Stark. Full Metal Jayce resembles Iron Man while Debonair Jayce resembles Tony Stark.
- He shares this theme with Vi and Ezreal and Galio.
- Viktor defeated Jayce and stole a powerful arcane crystal to power his creations. Jayce later created the Mercury Hammer and counter assaulted Viktor's laboratory, destroying the arcane crystal.
- Jayce has possibly heard of Viktor's successes and betrayal, which may have been part of why he was receptive to talking to the Machine Herald in the first place. Now, though, he obviously sees Viktor as a threat.
- Jayce likely didn't have any reason to interact with any of the other Zaunite scientists, until recently he was mostly confined to his work in Piltover. He had likely heard of Corin Reveck, since he'd been aware of Orianna, but Reveck led such a reclusive existence after his daughter's death that the two wouldn't be likely to have worked together.
- Jayce created The Resistance, which battles Viktor's Glorious Evolution.
- He is a close friend of Vi, Caitlyn and Ezreal.
- Caitlyn strongly disapproved of Jayce's assault on a foreign national after government officials had chosen not to. Caitlyn is calm, collected and dedicated to upholding Piltover law, while Jayce is more rash and likely to act without a comprehensive plan. This clash of personality has likely caused tension between the two.
- Jayce helped Ezreal get into the restricted library section of The Piltover Academy to research about a Mysterious figure.
- Heimerdinger has been a huge academic influence, allowing Jayce to benefit from his work.
- He's aware of Ziggs and Rumble, but neither of them are based in Piltover. He views both with... amused respect.
- Jayce is fascinated by the robotic technology of Blitzcrank and Orianna, but their existence is slightly unnerving to him. He's a emotion-driven person and believes in humanity - he'd find them distasteful for the same reasons he'd refused Viktor's Evolution.
- As for Urgot, he sees him as a terrible misuse of technology.
- He has no liking for Sion, ether.
- Main Theme