- Playing As
- has incredible range. When approaching a fight be sure to look ahead for enemies that could be rooted.
- Your deals significantly less damage to enemies with full health. Look to pick off weakened targets as they run away.
- You can still cast your spells while . Use them to fill the downtime.
- Playing Against
- only roots those hit by one of Jhin's basic attacks, , or allies within the last 4 seconds.
- Jhin places around the map. Watch where you step!
- Jhin's attacks are quite potent, but he runs out of ammo after . Use this window to jump him and burst him down.
- Ability Usage
- Try to always have a in the river so you know when you are getting ganked.
- Wards and vision are very important when playing . His lack of mobility leaves him extremely vulnerable to ganks and melee fights, making it vital to avoid these situations.
- Try to use your only when you are not at risk of being CCed.
- traps are able to overlap, being triggered simultaneously when stepped on and each dealing full damage all at once. can root enemies on top of the activated traps so they can't escape the damage zone. However, choosing to stack traps for the potential burst will mean that you can't use them as wards or to slow chasing enemies.
- You can harass by getting two enemy caster minions low on HP, then using
on them if an enemy gets close. The will kill the two minions that are low and have enough damage to kill the third caster minion with the next bounce, and finally bounce on the champion to deal significant damage. This technique is effective for two reasons:
- The enemy will probably not expect you to use when only two of the minions are low. With enough AD, you won't even need both minions to be low. As long as you can deal enough damage to kill the first two minions, the third will die from the twice-boosted damage.
- Like all bouncing abilities, only bouncing ability that visually arcs upwards between targets (in contrast with other similar abilities that travel in a straight line between them) thus making it harder to keep track of. These two things combined trick the enemy into thinking they're safe because the grenade moves in a high, slow arc from your hand to the first minion. Then it makes three fast, low bounces and suddenly jumps onto the enemy. takes less time to travel from target to target the closer they are to one-another. Also, is the
- Using from far enough in lane enables it to cover the entire width of the lane, denying your victims the option of exiting its AoE.
- has an instant or near-instant travel time, so you only need to account for its cast time when aiming.
- is hindered by his mediocre attack range and low attack speed, so he can easily be bullied by faster high-burst enemies. However, can hold onto his empowered fourth shot for some time. Use that to your advantage as enemies will stay back when they see that it's available. Last hit with your abilities, which will reset 's buff duration to keep enemies at bay for as long as possible and to stave off the reload time until you are safer, since reloading makes you vulnerable.
- will also reload his shots while you use abilities. You can deal damage more efficiently by saving up your abilities for this short period of time instead of waiting for him to reload.
- Mastery Usage
- 's ability to obtain very high bonus AD makes a viable option for him, as this mastery has a sizeable bonus AD scaling and it also provides extra damage while reloading. To boot, all four of 's abilities can proc it.
- Item Usage
- Although is listed as a recommended offensive item, most pros will choose for the pushing power. does not need the slightly higher range but does need help pushing when it is time to take a tower.
- Although is listed a recommended essential item, it is probably best to delay its completion until mid or late game. Utility and survivability from , and should come first. Trying to build first will leave too vulnerable to even survive until mid game.
- Try to dodge when in a or you'll be rooted in the damaging zone. Fast champions should always try to trigger because they can run straight through the trap before it detonates.
- Try to fight
head-on when you're playing a champion who fares well in close-range or quick-paced combat. has little means to kite or to quickly burst without his fourth shot up, so if you can get in his face while he's reloading or on his first or second shot, you'll win the duel.
- Even if you aren't good at melee or burst, it's always important to pay attention to his passive. The best time to go in on is when he's reloading, because he can't attack for a short time, and then needs 3 more slow attacks to ready his empowered crit. However, if is nearing his final bullet, you should disengage quickly or he can deal sudden, massive damage.
- As against all champions who utilize bouncing projectiles, don't stand too near to allied minions or champions. When facing , this is especially important when allies are low on health, because a will deal extra damage if it bounces to you after killing them.
- is a very narrow skillshot that can and should be dodged easily. Though its damage is low, it can still root you, plus being even a little lacking in health against is dangerous because of his high-damage executes.
- A tanky champion should always lead an advance towards
, as they can block and all shots from , plus trigger any without taking nearly as much damage as a squishy.
- is considered to be a strong pick against . First off, 's below average mobility will give him a hard time avoiding from getting proceed onto him by him and his teammates, as well as getting marked by it. This is especially difficult if has an ally who can proc his passive quickly, such as or . Second off, The majority of Jhin's damage output will be blocked by not only but even by himself. This is because of building health on Braum is a common and good thing to do, making it even harder for to attempt to execute him. Third off, if happens to be close to a triggered , he can simply use to quickly leap to any of his allies including minions, thus allowing him to deny lane control as well as making it safer for his own jungler to gank the lane that is on.
deals increasing damage the lower its target is. These are especially important to dodge if you aren't at full health, and if a shot needs to be blocked, they highest health ally should do it, even if they aren't a tank. The final shot of deals at least double the damage of the other shots, so if you aren't near full health, you should make sure to dodge this no matter what.
- 's fourth shot from both and deal very high execute damage, so be wary of these if you're only missing a little bit of health. Always keep track of which bullet he's on from either ability.