Marvel at the mayhem and start your own crime spree as the Loose Cannon in the Jinx Champion Spotlight.
With a pair of guns known as Pow-Pow and Fishbones, Jinx lights up the battlefield by chaining her abilities to Get Excited! with her passive. Switcheroo! keeps your opponents on-tilt and off-guard, trying to guess which gun you'll unleash next. Shock enemies with Zap! and maintain control of the lane by spreading your Flame Chompers! When it's time to finish the fight, we'll show you how to use a Super Mega Death Rocket! most effectively--- aw, who're we kidding, you know how to use a Super Mega Death Rocket!; it's right there in the name.
Revel as the world burns with Jinx, featuring sample masteries, tactics and more in this Champion Spotlight.
- Playing As Jinx
- Rockets aren't always the best choice! Jinx's minigun is incredibly powerful when fully ramped up. Switch to it whenever an enemy champion gets too close.
- Jinx's rockets deal full damage to all enemies in the explosion. Use them on minions in lane to hit nearby enemy champions without drawing minion aggro.
- When a fight starts try to stay on the edge of the fray by poking with rockets and Zap! Do not run in and unload with the minigun until you feel it is safe.
- Playing Against Jinx
- Jinx's minigun takes time to ramp up. If you see her poking with rockets try to jump on her and burst her down.
- Jinx's ultimate does less damage the closer you are to her.
- Jinx's snare grenades have a long cool-down and are her primary means of protecting herself. If she misses with them she will have a hard time escaping if engaged upon.
- Ability Usage
- Jinx is a champion who specializes in having both raw damage and very high DPS, but vulnerable to any kind of crowd control. As the game progresses, Jinx may be able to survive even a one on one duel with an enemy champion, as well as taking advantage of her passive to achieve multiple murders.
- Her minigun serves to clean the minions off the lane, as well as in close confrontations with her enemies. She has a very fast attack speed with her minigun but has a very short attack range. Instead, her rocket launcher Fishbones provides distance for safe confrontation and a lot of AOE damage, but it is slow and uses mana per auto attack, so it is best suited for efficiently poking enemy champions in team fights. If the summoner prioritizes her Q first in the early game, her minigun, Pow-Pow, will attack with very fast in the mid to late game.
- Zap is a powerful skill with long range and decent amount of damage. It is very useful to check for hidden champions in the brush as well as to slow enemies who are running away or trying to engage you. But, it has a visible trajectory and a short delay before launching, so the enemy can easily dodge. However, in the early or mid game, her W is perfect if you use it in the right moment .
- Flame Chompers! or grenade-trap, if you want, serves to root opponents and keep them from moving. It is very useful in team fights as well as for self-defense, but it does very low magic damage and has a very long cool-down so it's the ability with the lowest priority to level up, leaving it for late game. Jinx can save your skin (or her own) if Flame Chompers! are placed at a closed distance just to catch an opponent when being attacked, once they are rooted Jinx can move away to counterattack with her Pow-Pow or Fishbones thus becoming kind of a duelist.
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage