Karthus is a powerful and persistent solo lane mage. Whittle your enemies down with repeated casts of Lay Waste, using smart positioning and timing to deal extra damage to lone targets. When your jungler comes in to gank, throw down Wall of Pain and activate Defile to deal huge area of effect damage to your slowed enemies. Even if they get away, they’re still not safe from Requiem, a colossal global ultimate that devastates every enemy champion on the map.
- Playing As Karthus
- Ask your allies to help point out when you should use Requiem to get kills in different lanes.
- Lay Waste is very strong at farming minions and harassing enemy champions.
- Playing Against Karthus
- Karthus can cast spells for a short duration after he is killed. Move away from his corpse to be safe.
- Make sure you always have enough health to survive Requiem, even if you have to go back to the base more frequently to heal.
- Ability Usage
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Champions who can potentially avoid being killed by Requiem include:
- Anyone affected by The Black Spear ( Kalista can use Fate's Call on her Oathsworn) or Devour. 's active, 's spell shield, 's passive,
- Aatrox ( Blood Well)
- Anivia ( Rebirth)
- Bard ( Tempered Fate on himself and/or allies)
- Ekko ( Chronobreak)
- Elise ( Rappel)
- Fiora ( Riposte)
- Fizz ( Playful)
- Kayle ( Intervention on herself or an ally)
- Kindred ( Lamb's Respite on themselves and/or an ally)
- Lissandra ( Frozen Tomb on herself)
- Lulu ( Wild Growth on herself or an ally)
- Maokai ( Twisted Advance)
- Master Yi ( Alpha Strike)
- Nocturne ( Shroud of Darkness)
- Pantheon ( Grand Skyfall)
- Rek'Sai ( Void Rush to a Tunnel)
- Shaco ( Hallucinate)
- Sivir ( Spell Shield)
- Tryndamere ( Undying Rage)
- Vladimir ( Sanguine Pool)
- Zac ( Cell Division)
- Zed ( Death Mark)
- Zilean ( Chrono Shift on himself or an ally)