- Death Defied is one of only three abilities that allow their casters to continue attacking after death, the others being Icathian Surprise and Glory in Death.
- Requiem was likely named after Requiem Mass referencing Karthus' singing for/about the dead.
- A glass case reading 'Press R to Win' can be seen in the game's Mac Version launch trailer.
- Before 2016 Karthus had been disabled for every single Ultra Rapid Fire edition (most likely to prevent 'Spam R to Win' abuse cases)
- Karthus' vocals in Smite and Ignite are provided by ('Deathfire Grasp' and 'Last Whisper') and by (the rest)
- Classic Karthus [ |
- " is a will turn their to shrouds" .
- "I am become death" references quoting the .
- "What's the incantation again... yes, erm... oh, right, R!" references 'Press R to Win'.
- "I'm putting your name in my little black references " and maybe .
- "Do you have a moment to talk about death?" references Excuse Me Sir, Do You Have a Moment to Talk About Jesus Christ?
- "You can't kill the metal!" references The Metal by .
- "Silence, groundwalker", "What have I done? Created beauty by simply rocking! That's all", and "What is that sound? It's the pounding of creation's hammer on the anvil of time!" all reference .
- "Towerdiver, gotta get away, get away" references Holy Diver by .
- "Die for metal references Die for Metal by .
- "Light's out forever references School's Out by .
- "Death is blacker than the blackest black... times infinity" references .
- "This is eleven!" references .
- "I am references !"Lightbringer by Pentakill.
- Both "Everyone will falter when you die!" and "My song, reference them all!"Thornmail by Pentakill.
- In Brazilian localization he references Toca Raul by (named after )
- Phantom Karthus [ |
- He references the in .
- An eagle screeches when he dances.
- His staff becomes the scythe usually wields.
- The strapped to his waist references .
- He shares this theme with Reaper Hecarim [ | and Reaper Soraka [ | .
- He is the fourth non-Legendary skin to have special voice-over lines (the others being Jaximus [ | , Mecha Kha'Zix [ | , Mafia Jinx [ | , and Battlecast Vel'Koz [ | )
- He was inspired by from .
- He shares this theme with Pentakill Mordekaiser [ | , Pentakill Olaf [ | , Pentakill Sona [ | , and Pentakill Yorick [ | .
- Fnatic Karthus [ |
- He celebrates Fnatic winning the Season One World Championship.
- He represents xPeke.
- He shares this theme with Fnatic Corki [ | , Fnatic Gragas [ | , Fnatic Janna [ | , and Fnatic Jarvan IV [ | .
- He references a traditional
- He uses what appears to be the .
- He shares this theme with Bard Bard [ | , Braum Lionheart [ | , Gragas Caskbreaker [ | , Jayce Brighthammer [ | , Ryze Whitebeard [ | , Sejuani Dawnchaser [ | , Varus Swiftbolt [ | , and Veigar Greybeard [ | .
- In life Karthus was a tally-man of Kindred and, to this day, he wears the vestments and carries the staff, which he still etches every time he 'releases' a mortal soul from life.
- Unlike most Shadow Isles champions, who have a direct relation to Evelynn) and/or the Ruination that destroyed the Isles, Karthus is one of two champions with no connection to the Isles' origin (the other being
- Mordekaiser embarked on a metal-fueled journey to recruit Karthus, Yorick, Sona, and Olaf in order to form Pentakill so they would and the whole of Runeterra with their music.