- Playing As Kassadin
- Kassadin has multiple item paths; he can go caster via Mana and Ability Power or anti-caster with Cooldown Reduction and Magic Resistance.
- Kassadin's ultimate has many uses and is on a shorter cooldown than most, use it often.
- Try to get the Crest of Insight buff to counteract Riftwalk's increasing Mana cost.
- Playing Against Kassadin
- Kassadin deals mostly magic damage. If he's doing well consider buying magic resistance items like and .
- Each time Kassadin consecutively uses Riftwalk, he pays more and more mana. Keep this in mind as you chase him.
- It takes 6 spell casts for Kassadin's slow, Force Pulse, to become castable. If he levels up that ability, judiciously use your own skills when laning against him.
- Ability Usage
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Since Kassadin serves as an anti-mage or, it may be a good idea to choose a physical damage champion against him or any champion that can zone him out before he can access his ult for laning phase since Void Stone only protects him from magic damage. Prime examples are: Talon & Zed. Keep in mind that Kassadin will buy Zhonya's Hourglass against them.
- Remember that Kassadin is a champion that is almost uneasy to kill due to his extremely low cooldown of his ult. Crowd Controlling him can shut him down in teamfights.
- Another way to shutting down Kassadin is to play a long ranged champion like Caitlyn or Jayce against him.
- Any champion that can easily keep up with his Riftwalk movement is the best way to counter him. Prime Examples are: Kha'Zix, Vi & Fiora. however among the three, Fiora is probably the best choice against him for three reasons: First, Lunge can match the cooldown of Riftwalk as long as Fiora hits an enemy with it, Second, Fiora also deals physical damage. and Finally, Fiora is considered the only champion that can keep up with Kassadin's movement in the late game.