- Playing As Katarina
- Try waiting until the other team is distracted with fighting your team, and use Shunpo to teleport into the fray and unleash a devastating Death Lotus.
- Using Shunpo on an allied Champion, minion or ward can be a great escape tactic.
- Playing Against Katarina
- Katarina's abilities deal magic damage, so even if she's building Attack Damage items, get magic resistance to counter her.
- Try to save a disable for when Katarina uses her Death Lotus.
- Ability Usage
- Voracity only refreshes your abilities, when you damaged the target within 3 seconds before their death. You can extend/refresh this time window by using a damage-over-time, like .
- While laning, try to poke the enemy by landing Bouncing Blades through bouncing from minions, instead of targetting them directly. This way you can poke your enemy from a bigger and safer range.
- Sinister Steel has a slightly bigger range than its particles. Use this to your advantage to poke enemies! (Most effective vs melee-matchups)
- Sinister Steel can be overlayed with your auto-attacks, when cast at the right moment. Use this to increase your DPS.
- Shunpo will reveal units for a short period after landing the ability. This way you can clear an enemy ward by attacking it, right after you blinked to it.
- Shunpo can also be cast on any interactable unit, like Dark Passage!
- Death Lotus will light up when you are in range of an enemy, even in bushes. This way, you can also damage invisible champions. Keep that in mind!
- Mastery Usage
- Bouncing Blades and detonating its mark. The initial damage and the mark damage are counted as 2 abilties. ´s effect can be triggered by landing
- can give you a slight heal, that can either help you to escape and survive a fight or keep fighting to get the reset(s)!
- Due to being able to kill multiple enemies with your ability resets, is very effective on Katarina!
- Use masteries like : , , , , , and to maximize your damage output.
- Item Usage
- When playing as Katarina , dont use your and for vision. Safe them in your inventory to travel short distances by placing them and using Shunpo on them afterwards. This mechanic is called ward jump.
- Due to your weak early game sustain, you will be using lots of . So investing into a can save you some gold!
- When a targeted ability is cast on you, while you are low on health (like Ace in the Hole) , use Shunpo on a unit to gain the 15% damage reduction buff, that may help you to survive.