Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Playing As Katarina
- Try waiting until the other team is distracted with fighting your team, and use Shunpo to teleport into the fray and unleash a devastating Death Lotus.
- Using Shunpo on an allied Champion, minion or ward can be a great escape tactic.
- Playing Against Katarina
- Katarina's abilities deal magic damage, so even if she's building Attack Damage items, get magic resistance to counter her.
- Try to save a disable for when Katarina uses her Death Lotus.
- Ability Usage
- Voracity only refreshes your abilities, when you damaged the target within 3 seconds before their death. You can extend/refresh this time window by using a damage-over-time, like .
- While laning, try to poke the enemy by landing Bouncing Blades through bouncing from minions, instead of targeting them directly. This way you can poke your enemy from a bigger and safer range.
- Shunpo will reveal units for a short period after landing the ability. This way you can clear an enemy ward by attacking it, right after you blinked to it.
- Shunpo can also be cast on any interactable unit, like Dark Passage!
- Shunpo can be cast on jungle plants. Katarina will autoattack it after teleporting. Use it on a Blast Cone to escape over a wall, but be careful - issuing commands right after teleporting will cancel the basic attack, potentially ruining an escape.
- Death Lotus will become castable when you are in range of an enemy, even in bushes. This way, you can also damage invisible champions. Keep that in mind!
- Katarina's daggers are the key to her damage output. Picking them up allows her to both deal lots of extra damage and stay mobile.
- Preparation is exactly what it sounds like. While it seems plain, the ability is useful for...
- Escaping. The movement speed bonus allows you to outrace most other champions, or juke them using the dagger.
- Harassing. Using Preparation, then Shunpo on a Bouncing Blade dagger, then immediately using Shunpo on the Preparation dagger allows for easy harass.
- Turning. Your enemies may expect you to use Preparation's movement speed to escape, but if allies are coming in or cooldowns coming up, you can quickly Shunpo back to the dagger and finish them off with Death Lotus.
- Bursting. Casting Preparation right before casting Death Lotus will add an extra burst of damage once the dagger lands, and does not interrupt Death Lotus.
- Death Lotus is a devastating ability, but easily interrupted. If Katarina is held down for even a second, she is liable to die. Gauge your ability to reset your abilities and get kills against your enemies' health and crowd control before entering the fight.
- Mastery Usage
- Bouncing Blades, Shunpo, and the dagger spin. ´s effect can be triggered by landing
- can give you a slight heal, that can either help you to escape and survive a fight or keep fighting to get the reset.
- Due to being able to kill multiple enemies with your ability resets, is very effective on Katarina.
- Use masteries like : , , , , , and to maximize your damage output; Katarina has no other tricks up her sleeve besides her damage and mobility.
- Voracity as a damage over time effect. works effectively with Katarina's massive area damage potential, as it can be applied to multiple enemies. It also has synergy with
- Item Usage
- Bouncing Blade is Katarina's only source of damage that does not scale off of her attack damage. As a cooldown-based champion with good scalings for both AP and AD, is an excellent item that will give you much-needed sustain.
- Katarina is generally built as a mage with high AP, and is extremely bursty, with massive damage and snowball potential. Items like and will do for damage, while often she will need an item like for defense.
- Voracity resets. are generally the best boots for Katarina, as she deals all magic damage. If you are behind, are cheaper and offer cooldown reduction for both regular and summoner spells, allowing you to output more damage when you can't get kills reliably for
- Death Lotus, and makes it much more difficult to escape her. The health is a welcome addition to her squishiness as well. is a decent all-around item for Katarina. The slow can be applied to multiple enemies with daggers and
- Due to your weak early game sustain, you will be using lots of . So investing into a can save you some gold!
- If Shunpo is not used on a dagger, punish Katarina while it's on cooldown. Beware of her picking up daggers after using Shunpo though, as it still reduces the cooldown.