|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Reckoning is powerful even at lower levels and Kayle can utilize this advantageous ability to dominate her opponents in early game; caution should be taken in its use, however, as it is a mana-costly spell to use repeatedly.
- Divine Blessing can be used for sustaining in lane or for harrying allies to a position or lane all the while healing them.
- Righteous Fury's allows Kayle to deal damage even when blinded or being dodged, as the magic damage on-hit is dealt regardless of if the attack damage on-hit is being negated.
- Righteous Fury's will damage turrets only if the splash damage is applied indirectly, such as when creep waves directly under a turret are attacked.
- Righteous Fury causes full damage to all other structures if they are attacked directly.
- If Righteous Fury's duration ends while Kayle is in the middle of her attack animation, she will hit the target, but neither the bonus damage nor the splash will be dealt. The attack is considered ranged.
- It is possible to hit enemies easily while staying at the back of your minion wave by using Righteous Fury. This can be accomplished because not only does the splash damage 'spill' over to nearby enemies when you last hit a minion, but also allows you to harass melee enemies. Staying behind your wave in this fashion will let you wait for cooldowns and heal yourself or allies.
- Putting a point into Righteous Fury instead of Reckoning at level one may improve your ability to harass and stay in lane due to its lower mana cost and more continuous effect/duration.
- Use Intervention to rescue fleeing allies, Divine Blessing to hasten them, and Reckoning to slow their pursuers.
- Intervention is also an effective ability to bait enemies to attack or turret dive at low health making them commit to killing your ally or die.
- It may not always be best to Intervention an ally when they are nearly dead. If they are about to receive a large amount of burst damage (such as Annie's combo), shielding them will absorb more damage than if you were to shield them just before death (which may end up saving their life or prolonging it more effectively than if you had waited until the last second).
- Intervention will not grant invulnerability against the Nexus Obelisk.
- Build damage first and then attack speed items as it is inadvisable to commit to battles in the laning phase. For such damage, is a good choice.
- Getting an item with mana regeneration at the beginning of the laning phase, along with getting at least one rank of Divine Blessing allows you to stay in your lane much longer.
- Cooldown reduction is very strong on Kayle. With 40% CDR, you can have Righteous Fury always active since its duration is 10 seconds and its cooldown is reduced to 9.6 seconds.
- Pure ability power Kayle might have high damage in Reckoning and useful heals but combining it with attack speed will cause Righteous Fury to deal high amounts of damage very quickly.
- and then will give Kayle a high damage output, allowing her to build into much more durable items afterwards.
- proc combined with the first blow of Righteous Fury and Reckoning can be used to instantly kill fragile champions.
- Tankier ones can be mauled to death with the remaining duration of Righteous Fury and attack speed
- will increase her already high base health (2092 at level 18) and improve the slow from Reckoning and apply slow on her Righteous Fury autoattacks.
- Kayle can also play a supporting role with items that provide auras to benefit both yourself and your allies.
- In particular, synergizes well with Holy Fervor to soften up enemies for your allies.
- Since Kayle receives at least moderate benefits from almost every stat in the game, is quite effective on Kayle.
- For similar reasons, is also a cost effective choice on Kayle.
- applies Righteous Fury bonus damage against the secondary targets, causing them to recieve it twice (once from Fury area of effect and once from Runaan secondary targets).
- 's passive does not take effect when Righteous Fury is active. However, 's toggle does.
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Remember that Holy Fervor will shred your armor and magic resistance if left unchecked. Keep this in mind before attacking her.
- Kayle has very fast and strong snowball skill, make sure to deny her kills as it will hasten her late-game supremacy.
- Watch her build carefully to know what to do:
- If she is AP (most likely with large amounts of AS) she must be immediately shut down as she will scale into a deadly powerhouse late-game, but is very weak early. All her damage comes from Reckoning and Righteous Fury. This build depends heavily on Intervention for survivability as Kayle is fragile, baiting her to using it on a wounded ally and switching your focus onto her will take her out quickly.
- If she is AD she stands strong at all stages of the game, she does not depends much on her skills for damage and is somewhat tanky, she deals less damage than an average top laner due to lack of AD scaling on any skill apart from Reckoning and any AS or AD steroid. Later on Kayle will become akin to a second AD Carry albeit with the ability to become invulnerable, make sure to engage her in planned out fights, but don't fear her damage output much.
- If she is supporting it's very likely that she leaves the role after a while, most likely deviating into the first mentioned build, but still taking care of wards and heals. Facing her in the bot lane can be very hard if you are unable to keep your distance, so be sure to pick a mobile or long ranged champion
- Kayle is especially hard to beat in the top lane, due to overly outranging almost all other champions here. The few ranged ones, like Jayce, and the ones with long-ranged gap closers, such as Jax or Renekton, will have a much easier time against her.
- Avoid duelling her late game as she will most likely have almost finished items. She excels at 1v1's due to her Reckoning and Intervention. This not only allows her deal incredible amounts of damage against you, but also completely negate any damage you can deal to her.
- Be careful with Kayle's Reckoning and Righteous Fury combo. Both of these spells can kite you if combined together.
- Her ultimate, Intervention blocks any form of damage to the target with this buff, including true damage. Wait until the buff wears off before you use your high-damaging spell.
- Never underestimate Kayle's mobility. Divine Blessing gives her movement speed and Reckoning will slow you down, allowing her to outrun you.
- With 2092 health at level 18 Kayle has a very high natural health, abilities and items that deal % of max health as damage are effective against Kayle.
- Try to force Kayle to use her spells and then back off, due to her high mana costs in the early game.
- Kayle is vulnerable early game, burst damage can easily kill her.
- Kayle can use Intervention to avoid damage, but while in this state she is still vulnerable to CC effects. Use this tactically when she turret dives to have her still take damage when Intervention's short duration wears off. (2 / 2.5 / 3 seconds).
- Because Reckoning is her only nuke buying will significantly cripple her damage.