|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Kayle's story, along with her sister, Morgana, closely resembles the story of Michael and Lucifer in the Christian epic poem .
- Kayle is voiced by Lisa Lindsley, who also voices Soraka.
- Kayle, along with Poppy, are the only champions for 450 that do not have the recommended attribute tag.
- Kayle is the first and so far only champion capable of giving full invulnerability to damage.
- With the exception to the Nexus Obelisk, which is unaffected by any forms of invulnerability.
- Along with Thresh, Azir and Vel'Koz, they are the only champions that uses ranged attacks without projectiles.
- She however remains the only champion that doesn't actually hit her target with anything while attacking it.
- Kayle is the first champion that had their dance changed after initial release. The next was Veigar.
- Kayle's dance references from here. series . The reference can be seen
- Kayle was originally called Judicator during the alpha period.
- Kayle is the first champion to have their abilities reworked 3 times since her release.
- Kayle is the first champion to utilize their Chinese artwork in the NA, EUW and EUNE servers (zoomed in).
- Before the retcon, as stated several times in The Journal of Justice and some League Judgements, Kayle works as an investigator, match moderator and bodyguard for the League.
- She often has had to intervene to save summoners and other champions from events gone wrong.
- For a time Kayle's attribute list incorrectly said she was a tank.
- Kayle's name may possibly come from the Latin word, "Caelum" (Pronounced "Kayle-uum"). The word means sky or heaven, referring to her angelic nature.
- Kayle is also a variant of the Hebrew name, Kelila, meaning "crown of laurel".
- Kayle shares a quote with Sion : "Lead me to battle".
- Her splash art received some tweaks, scheduled for release on the Kha'Zix patch, due to the similarities of the rock formations in this art and the image of the card.
- The Chinese Classic Kayle art is used as the Tribunal image. Also, it is the same image that it is used on the page "The Tribunal", on the game start screen (or lobby).
- It is one of the four Collector's Edition skins, the other champions with this distinction are Alistar, Annie and Ryze. It could only be obtained by buying the Retail Copy of the Collector's Edition.
- Judgment Kayle was a free gift, given to those who played a certain number of games at the end of Season 1.
- The skin is a reference to the comic book character , most notably the shoulder plates.
- The story behind Kayle's Aether Wing skin is based on an alternate fantasy, in which, following the loss of her wings for unknown reasons, she has reclaimed the secrets of the master craftsmen that once inhabited her planet and forged a new pair of beautiful, transcendent ailerons and brought an end to the ancient war that plagued her people and lifted her world into paradise.
- Her dance in this skin is Night of Fire by the Japanese band Dream. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Aether Wing Kayle bears a strong resemblance to and other angels from the series.
- Riot Blitzcrank can be seen in her splash art.
- Her wings are replaced by .
- Instead of an ordinary sword, she uses an .
- When she recalls, she sends out .
- She shares this theme with Graves, Singed, Nasus and Blitzcrank.
- Morgana is Kayle's sister and seeks to defeat her.
- Kayle had a part in subjugating Maokai when he accidentally came to life, she shielded the present crowd from the confused treant as he involuntarily unleashed blasts of arcane magic.
- This event, however, is presumably no longer canonical following the changes to Maokai's lore.
- Related Themes
|Aether Wing Kayle's Theme|