|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
The Hunt Is On
As part of the event The Hunt Is On!, Rengar and Kha'Zix are assigned to defeat one another in battle. The first to score a kill on the other claims victory (assists count). The event begins randomly after Kha'Zix has used all 3 evolution points, Rengar is in possession of the with at least 10 stacks, and all members of both teams must be alive for the event to start.
- If Kha'Zix is victorious, he gains a fourth evolution point.
- If Rengar is victorious, his is replaced with the , which grants him the bonuses of a fully stacked .
This event can only occur once per game, even if both teams possess both champions. A video describing the event can be found here.
- Kha'Zix was designed by David “Volty" Abecassis.
- Kha'Zix's placeholder name was Teek.
- Kha'Zix is voiced by Dameon Clarke who also voice Singed.
- Morello has stated Kha'Zix is not in any way related to Omen.
- The interaction between Kha'Zix and Rengar is a reference to the Alien vs Predator series.
- During his Recall and Teleport animation, Kha'Zix poses similarly to the from Cloverfield.
- Kha'Zix movement animation changes when he enters the brush. He puts his arm-scythes to his sides to make himself more aerodynamic as he runs.
- This same movement animation change occurs during the stealth afforded to him by Void Assault.
- When Leap is evolved there is chance he will fly when moving, similar to Pulsefire Ezreal and Monarch Kog'Maw.
- Kha'Zix's Void Spike ability is similar to Hydralisk's spike attack animation from Starcraft 2.
- Kha'Zix has animations listed as "Stunned" and "Knockup", they can be seen here.
- Kha'Zix is possibly the last champion to have a Art Spotlight Video since no other new champions were post after release.
- Interestingly, evolution points can be spent on abilities which Kha'Zix has not learned yet, however this only has any benefit with Taste Their Fear, adding range to his attacks.
- If Kha'Zix has any unspent skill points after leveling Void Assault, then he must spend the evolution points before he can spend his remaining skill points.
- Kha'Zix adds additional quotes to his in-game dialogue based on which abilities he evolves.
- Kha'Zix shares a quote with Skarner : "Limb from limb."
- Mecha Kha'Zix is the first launch skin to be priced at 1350 .
- The champion bundle was seemingly priced as if Mecha Kha'Zix cost 975 , as bundles are priced with skins being 50% off their usual price.
- The skin features a new joke but disables his classic skin jokes.
- Mecha Kha'Zix has a mechanical sound effect on voice.
- Special particles and effects are added to Mecha Kha'Zix's skills, similar to the Battlecast Cho'Gath skin.
- His W, Void Spike with the Mecha Kha'Zix skin, fires in a similar fashion to a cluster grenade from the Metal Gear series, specifically Metal Gear Solid 2 when the Metal Gear Ray fires said grenades around the area during the Harrier scene.
- Classic Kha'Zix's splash art shows him as he had evolved Taste Their Fear, Void Spike and Leap and as if he had not slain Rengar, else he would had also evolved Void Assault.
- His claws are also glowing suggesting that he has Unseen Threat active.
- Classic Kha'Zix shares visual similarities with many insect-like creatures in fiction, especially those based off mantises.
- Kha'Zix fought against Rengar from sunset to sunrise and was wounded during the conflict. He now seeks to consume Rengar in order to evolve into the ultimate predator.
- Kha'Zix and Rengar's rivalry is possibly a reference to the Alien vs Predator series.
- Kha'Zix, Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw and Vel'Koz originate from the Void.