- Playing As Kled
- Kled generates some courage by killing minions, but gets much more from fighting Champions or slamming turrets.
- The last hit of Violent Tendencies deals more damage than the first three - make sure you hit it!
- Chaaaaaaaarge!!! can be cast at a great range. Try and predict where the enemy team will be by the time you reach them.
- Playing Against Kled
- Kled generates courage by damaging enemies with his Pocket Pistol and basic attacks, killing minions, and attacking structures or epic monsters.
- Watch Kled's courage bar when he is off his mount - when it reaches 100%, he will remount and regain a significant amount of health.
- Kled is much more threatening when he has Violent Tendencies ready.
- Ability Usage
- Kled is a sticky, close range fighter who excels at dueling and initiation. He can also jungle as long as he stays mounted. His playstyle and abilites revolve around aggressive engages and encourages him to fight rather than run away, even when dismounted.
- Kled is extremely good at turning the tides by surprising enemies with a burst of health when he remounts Skaarl. Therefore, it's usually a better idea to stand and fight opponents.
- Pocket Pistol and Violent Tendencies are the only abilities available to Kled when he dismounts. They both aid him in getting Skaarl's courage back quickly if used properly. This helps as an unmounted Kled is probably the weakest champion in the game.
- Kled abilities are only limited by cooldowns so resource management isn't an issue for him.
- Skaarl and Kled have separate health bars. Be wary of Kled's HP if dismounted a second time as health regen and lifesteal apply to Skaarl's HP before Kled's.
- Kled can cast Beartrap on a Rope and Chaaaaaaaarge!!! during Jousting. Likewise, he can also cast Beartrap on a Rope and Jousting during the lunge from Chaaaaaaaarge!!!.
- The knockback from Pocket Pistol, the second dash from Jousting and the dash from Chaaaaaaaarge!!! can cross terrain. This is particularly important to remember for Jousting as the first dash cannot cross terrain.
- Courage is gained from killing minions and attacking/killing enemy champions and structures.
- Violent Tendencies (W) is a burst of 4 basic attacks that Kled deal with in a short period. First basic attack starts a timer, when it runs out, Violent Tendencies is on cooldown. You can see the number of attacks dealed on the W button.
- Violent Tendencies is passive. You can't press W to start the 4 attacks, though you can control when to deal the first basic attack and stay close to target to deal the rest.
- Jousting (E) is a dash through enemies, minions and monsters. Kled can't dash through walls. Kled can dash through champions twice before cooldown. Use E to escape turrets or enemies.
- At game start activate either Beartrap on a Rope (Q) or Violent Tendencies (W). W deals enough damage to kill a minion at level 1 if all 4 basic attacks hit same minion.
- Kled can do an early kill with Q, W and E like this: You engage with beartrap (Q) and follow target, because the rope length get shorter and shorter. When ripped the target is stunned and you make first basic attack of 4. You dash through target with Jousting (E), turn around and repeat E. You stay close to target to deal the rest of the 3 basic attack. You can with advantage cast the Exhaust spell to slow down target while dealing final 3 basic attacks. Be prepared for a flash escape by target and stay away from enemy turrets. This is also the main combo later game.
- You perform Kled's ultimate Chaaaaaaaarge!!! (R) like this: Press R and point out destination by right clicking on the minimap. Kled shouts loud chaaaaaaaarge. Skaarl rolls up to a ball that Kled rides towards the destination. He has great fun doing it. Arriving at destination Kled has a huge shield and can do a lot of damage. Take note that after activation, you cannot cancel Chaaaaaaaarge!!! on your own, therefore one should never use this ability when you are unsure of your target's location, because it may lead to your demise. You coordinate with the team to storm enemy, when you activate Chaaaaaaaarge!!!.
- Mastery Usage
- Due to Kled's all-in playstyle, is a great mastery to use as he tends to autoattack a lot with Violent Tendencies. 4 damaging abilites also ensure that Kled stacks the mastery rapidly to make good use of it.
- Kled's lack of sustain and make it safer for Kled when he is dismounted. The former also provides a decent amount of damage given Kled and Skaarl's high combined health. or can be used to remedy
- Alternatively, can be used for higher burst damage.
- In the jungle, Kled needs more tankiness. helps bolster Skaarl's survivability if
- Item Usage
- Kled's buildpaths are somewhat flexible but usually prioritise Attack Damage, Armor Pen/Shred for damage and Health and Resistances for survivability. Cooldown Reduction helps in both departments and increases the frequency of his utility.
- Less popular builds include high Crit Chance and Attack Speed, which in conjunction with Violent Tendencies, can four-hit squishy targets and tear tankier ones apart, akin to a Tryndamere or Master Yi.
- Great items for Kled are
, , , , , , , and .
- is a must. The AD, +20% CDR and health (H) is crucial for Kled from the start of the game.
- With the Urchin Strike. The Scimitar gives Kled AD, Magic Resist (MR) and LS. item Kled can get quickly out of a stun and use Jousting (E) to attack and escape like
- You can get the early game, so you have the stun removal early. The sash builds in to Scimitar or , which is an alternative with more MR and CDR though no life steal.
- The is a must, because it gives a lot of AD, more LS and base HR. The Hydra also gives passively the basic attack more AD to enemies near the target. Active it gives up to 100% physical damage to nearby enemies. gives this including +50% base HR, which you of course can build first.
- Violent Tendencies after consuming the buff to increase their DPS. should be considered as an alternative of . Despite it grants less AD, the bonus damage from both passive and active does wonders for him, as they both scale with the combined health bars of the duo, in addition of the active resetting his attack timer, which synergises with
- The is good for Kled though the mana is not used. It has AD, AS, +20% CDR and the next basic attack after using an ability gives 200% AD. Also it gives moving speed, which Kled will appreciate drinking mushroom juice (burp)
- As a fighter he can benefit from the for his defense.
- The alternative gives mostly AS and LS and a bit of AD. Kled is interested in this item when it's active. Then, it deals 10% of Kled maximum health as physical damage, heals for the same amount, and steals 25% of the target's movement speed... hallelujah.
- is a valuable alternative for staying alive. Along with mandatory AD it has MR, armor penetration and a lifeline.
- is also an alernative giving AD and when activated +40% AS and +20% movement speed.
- Kled boots are either or the standard . The Berserker's suits Kled very well, because he gains AS.
- Starting standard items are (AD, H and LS) and . Alternative is to get the right away, because it builds in to the . Though you don't get LS and H, which you can compensate with 2 more .
- You can set up 20% CDR in runes, then Kled has 20% CDR right from start. When he gets , CDR is maximized. You are free to choose alternative items.
- Kled can't cancel his ultimate, using a knockback will allow you to push Kled's teamates back and isolate him from his team, thus making him easier to kill.
- Kled has a couple of weaknesses when he is dismounted: His base movement speed is reduced to 285, his basic attacks deal 80% AD and he only has access to two of his abilities. When in this form, gap closing capabilities (for example, Fiora) may hamper his escape (the knockback from Pocket Pistol)
- You can tell how much courage Kled has the more he glows.
- When unmounted, Kled is poor at running away from fights and as such will usually fight back in hopes of getting Skaarl back. This is very hard for him to do if his Pocket Pistol and Violent Tendencies are down which makes it a prime time to engage on him.
- Despite scalings of % health benefit them well for considering their combined health (e.g.:
and ), it does hinder them as well, making any source of damage based on % health being more effective against them.
- Items such as , , and make good item options to counter them.