- Kled is one of 17 champions without a single ability power ratio on any ability: .
- Kled is voiced by .
- is also voiced by the same voice actor.
- Kled's name resembles Welsh noun cledd(yf) /kleːð(ɨv)/ "sword", from Proto-Celtic *kladiwos
- Kladiwos might have been loaned into Latin as  (compare 's ) , or both come from same root *kelh₂- "to strike"
- Skaarl is from a species called
al , immortal, unkillable wind spirits that embody the desolation of the Noxian Plains.
- Kled's posters call Skaarl the 'pride of Noxus' and a 'decorated veteran of the battle of Bucket Creek', with the drakalops' gender changing depending on the poster; Kled knows that Skaarl is female, yet unaware of the posters' conundrum.
- Kled and Skaarl are the first champion with two health bars, combining to form the highest in-game base health, with Kled's being the lowest.
- Kled is also the first champion in the game whose health can not be improved except through growth per level, the second being .
- Kled, while movement speed of all champions at 285. , has the lowest base
- Kled is the first champion to swear (albeit censored) in-game.
- Kled is suspected to be at least as old as Noxus itself (by extension a contemporary of ).
- Kled's military contributions (Battle of Fallgren, Battle of Bucket Creek, Battle of Drugne, Siege of Rugg, Siege of Qualthala, Assault on Glorft, Sacking of Trevail, Draken Campaign, and most recently the Ionian Campaign) might have been what turned Noxus from a tribal confederation into the empire it has become.
- Kled is the most distinguished military person to ever live, although most of his titles are made up and/or self-proclaimed.
- Kled's 'mushroom juice' may be derived from the ones uses for his .
- Kled's dance move.
dance references the , a famous
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Kled's first placeholder model during production was a tiny pink to represent Skaarl, while his second placeholder model was S|L] riding on the same tiny pink [ to represent Kled riding on Skaarl. Their animations, including their /dance, /joke, /taunt and movement, played at the same time.
- Instead of , his Q was a conic AoE which unleashed three slashes after a delay in the targeted direction. The 'flurry of melee hits' aspect of this ability was retained in .
- Instead of , his W was a targeted AoE, tossing out a net (similar in looks to 's ), affecting all caught targets with an effect akin to .
- Instead of
, his ultimate was completely identical to .
- These effects can be viewed here.
- "Holy [redacted], where are we?" has the curse bleeped over for rating concerns as well as humorous purposes.
- "Of course you realize, this means war" references from .
- "I dont need nothing but this axe... and this gun... and this hat" references The Jerk.
- "I'm Kled, and this here's Skaarl. Prepare to die" references Inigo Montoya from .
- Kled and Kalista "Die". share the quote
- "Don't try and understand 'em, just rope, throw and brand 'em." is a reference to the song Rawhide.
- "Serenity now!" references an episode from .
- He and Skaarl might be referencing .
- He was heavily inspired by from .
- He and Skaarl respectively resemble an and a (both from ).
- The windmill in the background might be referencing .
- Rejected names for this skin include 'Kled the Cavalier' and 'Grass Knight Kled'.
- 'dope'. , apparently, thinks is
- Kled claims to be related to all yordles (it is unknown why he left Bandle City for Noxus)
- Kled fought together with back when the latter was still alive but doesn't think much of the new undead abomination.
- Kled's champion page shows that every champion (including himself, bizarrely) in the game is his rival and Skaarl is his only friend.