- Kled's name comes from Welsh cledd, cleddyf,' from Proto-Celtic *kladiwos, loaned into Latin as gladius, all meaning 'sword'. His mount Skaarl's name may be combined:
- from the English noun 'scar,'
- and Scandinavian karl, from Proto-Germanic *karilaz (young man), whence also English churl.
- Skaarl is from a species called drakalops (immortal, unkillable wind spirits) that embody the desolation of the Noxian Plains)
- Kled's posters call Skaarl the 'pride of Noxus' and a 'decorated veteran of the battle of Bucket Creek', with the drakalops' gender changing depending on the poster (Skaarl is actually female but Kled is unaware)
- Kled and Skaarl are the first champion with two health bars (combining to form the highest in-game base health, with Kled's being the lowest as well as having no level growth)
- Kled is the first champion to swear (albeit censored) in-game.
- Kled is suspected to be (as) old(er) as Noxus itself (by extension a contemporary of )
- Kled's military contributions (Battle of Fallgren, Battle of Bucket Creek, Battle of Drugne, Siege of Rugg, Siege of Qualthala, Assault on Glorft, Sacking of Trevail, Draken Campaign, and most recently the Ionian Campaign) might have been what turned Noxus from a tribal confederation into the empire it has become.
- Kled is the most distinguished military person to ever live (most of his titles are made up and/or self granted)
- Kled's 'mushroom juice' may be derived from the ones uses as .
- Kled is one of Thirteen champions to not have a single Ability Power ratio on any ability, the others being , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- "Holy shit, where are we?" has 'shit' bleeped over for rating concerns as well as humorous purposes.
- "Of course you realize, this means war" references from .
- "I dont need nothing but this axe... and this gun... and this hat" references The Jerk.
- "I'm Kled, and this here's Skaarl. Prepare to die" references Inigo Montoya from .
- [ |
- He and Skaarl might be referencing .
- [ |
- He was heavily inspired by from .
- He and Skaarl respectively resemble an and a (both from )
- The windmill in the background might be referencing .
- 'dope'. thinks is
- Kled claims to be related to all yordles (it is unknown why he left Bandle City for Noxus)
- Kled fought together with back when the latter was still alive but doesn't think much of the new undead abomination.
- Kled's champion page shows that every champion in the game is his rival and Skaarl is his only friend.