|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Kog'Maw was designed by Ezreal.
- Kog'Maw is voiced by Renekton, Rengar and Lucian. , who also voices
- Kog'Maw was first spotted during the official Malzahar announcement post. He can be seen in one of the screenshots.
- Kog'Maw's name may be reference to the Cebuano term "kogmo" which refers to hardened mucus in the nose.
- The 'Maw' part also means an appetite; a stomach; the receptacle into which food is taken by swallowing.
- Ironically, even though Kog'Maw's lore and a majority of his quotes speak of his "insatiable" hunger, every ability (except his passive) involves regurgitation.
- His /dance is a tribute to here . from the classic short One Froggy Evening. A side-by-side comparison can be seen
- When Kog'Maw is reviving ( Zilean's Chrono Shift or ), his passive does not proc, and his otherwise unused death animation will be shown.
- Kog'Maw was one of the champions chosen for the Noxian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. He was not one of the selected champions however.
- Kog'Maw is one of the four champions to have abilities which allow them to continue to attack after death. Kog'Maw's ability being Icathian Surprise and the others being Karthus's Death Defied, Yorick's Omen of Death and Zyra's Rise of the Thorns.
- Kog'Maw is the only Void-related champion to not have the word "Void" in his title.
- In his idle animation, Kog'Maw blinks one eye at a time. He will also perform a brief spin/dance that is different than his actual /dance emote sometimes. It is most likely meant to resemble a dog chasing his own tail.
- According to Kog'Maw's 2nd /taunt line and the Journal of Justice Issue 2, another Void Champion may be on the way.
- Due to the time passed, this information may be heavily outdated.
- Kog'Maw's standard joke is similar to the bugle command.
- The Reindeer Kog'Maw skin does a different /joke from his others. It will sing "Fa la la la la" and, paired with Silent Night Sona's /joke, will sing the song .
- Kog'Maw's champion select icon and mini-map icon have his "tongue" darkened, and almost not noticeable. The backdrop is also darker.
- His Classic skin art appears pink but is actually silver colored ingame.
- The Sonoran Kog'Maw skin, while colored red and black in the splash art, actually appears gold and blue in-game.
- In the Caterpillar Kog'Maw skin he is hunting a scarab in the US version, while he is hunting a butterfly on the Chinese one.
- The Lion Dance Kog'Maw skin is a reference to the traditional Chinese , performed on the Lunar New Year.
- The visuals of his autoattacks and ultimate are altered to display fireworks instead.
- Deep Sea Kog'Maw skin is based on the real world , a fish that dwells in the deep sea.
- Kog'Maw and Cho'Gath share a Jurassic skin theme.
- A Battlecast Kog'Maw skin has been hinted at.
- The Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath teasers included serial numbers that referenced to previous and possible future Battlecast skin, one of them referencing a "MAW".
- At PAX 2013 IronStylus sketched an unofficial Battlecast-style version of Kog'Maw, using his classic art as a reference.
- Creator Viktor's splash art features a silhouette that looks very similar to Kog'Maw.
- Reindeer Kog'Maw shares a duet with Silent Night Sona. Playing /j together they make a melody of "Deck the Halls"
- Kog'Maw, Kha'Zix, Cho'Gath and Vel'Koz are creatures from the Void.
- Kog'Maw was enticed into joining the League by Malzahar.
- Kog'Maw claims to have a "Daddy" that is coming to Runeterra, now believed to be Vel'koz.