Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Playing As LeBlanc
- Distortion allows you to be aggressive with your other spells while being able to return to safety.
- Using Distortion can help your positioning to land Ethereal Chains.
- You can chain Sigil of Malice and Ethereal Chains to prevent characters with blink abilities from escaping for up to 4 seconds.
- Playing Against LeBlanc
- Stunning or silencing LeBlanc will prevent her from activating the return part of Distortion.
- Stay behind minions to make Ethereal Chains difficult to land and force her to use Distortion in a suboptimal manner.
- Ability Usage
- LeBlanc is a prime candidate for a solo lane due to her high burst damage and her need to level up quickly. Distortion also provides her with a deceptively large radius of threat.
- A quick way to cast any of Leblanc's spells is to smart-cast them, either by remapping smart-cast spells to Q / W / E / R or holding shift and then hitting Q / W / E / R. When combined with the combo above you could potentially drop an enemy carry in one burst before they have time to avoid.
- Distortion can be used as an escape mechanism as it can pass through thin walls.
- Distortion/ Mimic Distortion allows LeBlanc to close the gap between her and her target.
- Distortion/ Mimic Distortion if timed right, can be used to follow opponents through walls since it counts as a dash.
- If you have Distortion/ Mimic Distortion and Flash up, try to use Distortion/ Mimic Distortion and then Flash to travel a longer distance.
- Distortion can also be used as a ganking tool as it can dash through enemies and has a second activation, that allows you to blink back.
- Distortion can be used for turret diving, because LeBlanc can jump in for a kill under the turret, and teleport back to her location. Just make sure that everything is done within 3 seconds since the teleport location will be lost after 3 seconds and you may end up being killed by the turret.
- LeBlanc can also towerdive by casting Distortion through a wall, unleash her combo and quickly blink back out. Keep in mind how quick you should be to cast your combo and how much health you and the enemy has. Don't forget the 3 seconds needed to retain the teleport location. Towerdiving from behind a wall can also be done in conjunction with Flash.
- The second damaging part of Ethereal Chains can also trigger Sigil of Malice.
- If you are being chased, throw Ethereal Chains on the pursuer for the slow and potential snare, giving you a better chance of escaping.
- If you have used Ethereal Chains while you're chasing a single enemy, use Mimic Ethereal Chains to snare the enemy again and to insure the kill.
- When you end up in a team fight, you should consider utility of your spells over damage, and consider using Ethereal Chains as your Mimic spell for a double slow and longer snare.
- Do not use Mimic on a champion that has a spell shield. Use a basic ability to break the shield first, or wait for another way to break the shield.
- Distortion then Shatter Orb is the most reliable source of damage, since the duration of Distortion is long enough for you to escape without putting yourself out of position. But Shatter Orb then Ethereal Chains is the safest source of damage, which gives you 4 seconds of powerful disables to kite enemy champions.
- Decoy can be used as a shield against skillshots such as Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole and Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab. Thus, it can be used as a utility shield for all sorts of situations if needed, such as stopping ultimates to save either yourself or help allies retreat.
- You can also use Shadow of the Rose as a vision. Try to send it to the jungle so as to scout through both bushes and river, thus warning for an incoming enemy jungler or other threats.
- Mastery Usage
- LeBlanc. Hitting an enemy with a spell and detonating the mark will also trigger , as the initial damage and the mark damage are counted as 2 abilities. is almost certainly the best mastery for
- LeBlanc's burst, they are almost certain to be under 40% health. From there, helps LeBlanc to finish them off while prevents them from being healed above the 40% threshold. goes particularly well with . If a squishy or semi-squishy target takes the full brunt of
- LeBlanc maximize her cooldown reduction. At max rank and cooldown reduction, Distortion's cooldown will be 5.5 seconds, giving LeBlanc more mobilities for roaming and escape. will help
- Item Usage
- LeBlanc, as she can make effective use of all the stats it gives. The extra health especially is very useful during trades due to her mid range, and the on-kill passive has fantastic synergy with the bounces on Shatter Orb. is a great starting item on
- is dangerous to start with, but it can pay off if you're able to keep yourself alive or if your teammates can protect you well. However, you should never start with this item if you aren't completely confident that you can win lane without dying once.
- LeBlanc, offering mana sustain, ability power, and cooldown reduction. is a good item to rush on
- LeBlanc's burst potential against squishy targets. and are good against magic and physical damage, respectively. in particular will greatly enhance
- Both LeBlanc. and are good boots for
- can be especially powerful, particularly if mid-laning. Be warned that due to her already snowbally nature, getting killed while using this item may cause her to fall even earlier in the game than necessary.
- As an ability power carry, is an essential buy.
- LeBlanc's mobility even more, while offering more cooldown reduction and health. boosts
- Many enemies have magic resistance that increases as they level up. Buying a LeBlanc's spells deal significantly more damage. as a last or second-to-last item will help
- Be wary of LeBlanc's damage potentials when she has you marked.
- Presuring her into using both her Distortion can set her up for a gank by a teammate from which she can't escape, as they both have long cooldown.
- LeBlanc is extremely squishy so she is very vulnerable to hard crowd controls, such as stuns and suppression, and focus. Taking her out of the fight early prevents her from being able to burst down a carry.
- Avoid minion waves that was marked while you've been marked as well. Shatter Orb or Mimic Shatter Orb will bounces on you and deals massive damage.
- Both Ethereal Chains and Mimic Ethereal Chains are strong disengage tools. Create distance to avoid being rooted and seek to engage afterwards.
- All of LeBlanc's spells deal magic damage, therefore any form of magic resistance will mitigate her damage significantly.
- After LeBlanc uses her Distortion and Mimic Distortion, she is at her most vulnerable as her damage and mobility are both dependent upon it.
- Do not be tricked by her decoys, try to save up abilities like ultimates during this situation, as the decoy can be used as a shield against certain attacks and abilities, making them get wasted.
- Watch out when you see LeBlanc missing from her lane. Her gank potential is very good and may result in you dying in a 2v3 or 2v4 fight.
- Remember warn your teammates, when LeBlanc leaves your lane.
- LeBlanc is surprisingly dangerous, especially when assassinating low-health champions due to Sigil of Malice, so beware.
- Lissandra is probably the best counter to LeBlanc for two reasons. First Lissandra can outpoke LeBlanc in the laning phase thanks to Ice Shard and second, Lissandra can use Frozen Tomb to negate LeBlanc's burst.
- LeBlanc is notorious for being able to burst down AP mid laners. However, because she specializes on bursting one target, having your jungler gank during her dives will cripple her aggression significantly and cause her to fall off prematurely.
- Warding brushes will make it harder for LeBlanc to juke using Distortion.