|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Leona was designed by Volty.
- Leona was a direct response to fan requests for a female tank.
- Leona is voiced by .
- Leona's name is Latin for lioness. Leon means lion in French, Greek, Latin and Spanish as well.
- Leona's appearance and personality are heavily inspired by IronStylus' wife; her face was drawn with as a reference.
- Leona's final Splash Art differs from that of her Art Spotlight with the main difference being her hair.
- Lionheart Leona was in development in 2011, but the skin was scrapped due to unknown reasons. It was supposed to be a crusader-type themed skin.
- As a "Chosen of the Sun", and with sun-based powers, Leona may be a reference to the Solar Exalted from the Tabletop RPG Exalted.
- Since Pantheon's and her place of origin is based on , the , a symbol unearthed in may be the reason why her theme is the sun. In her work in progress poster, her shield has the complete Vergina Sun symbol with all 16 points, whereas in the classic skin, the Vergina Symbol on her shield appears to not have spikes on its bottom half.
- It still has all 16 points but 5 of which are attached to the shield itself and not on the Vergina Symbol.
- Leona's dance is similar to the Force-Shielder Class skill called "Shield Break" from .
- Leona's passive, Sunlight, is similar to Lux's Illumination. The two differences are that Leona herself is unable to activate the mark while only Lux can activate Illumination, and that any damage from an ally can trigger Sunlight, while Lux can only trigger Illumination with an autoattack and her ultimate, Final Spark.
- Leona has a hidden passive that causes Sunlight to deal 1 less damage to champions with sunglasses.
- Her title may be a reference to the video game Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
- Leona's Zenith Blade was chosen by the community to be forged by Man at Arms.
- It is based off the , a host of female figures from Norse mythology who wander the battle fields, retrieving slain warriors who are to be brought to Valhalla after a glorious death in battle. This is fitting as a skin for a true tank, who can to an extent decide who dies in battle by stunning key enemies and saving allies.
- Leona's dress appears to become see-through, showing her undergarments while hiding in the bushes in her Valkyrie skin - this is an unintentional graphical error. This is due to the fact that the model has several layers and entering a brush causes the outer layer to become transparent.
- She shares this theme with Diana.
- The skin is based on .
- It has different spell effects for three of her spells:
- The splash art has some ties to IronStylus, an avid Leona fan.
- The overall avian theme to the skin and the flying in the background pay tribute to IronStylus; he uses one of those birds as his avatar on the forums and he is a proud owner of similar birds.
- The name of the skin shares its initials with his pseudonym.
- In the Pool Party Leona artwork, you can see Taric skipping with Lux while Ezreal looks on with a jealous expression and bad tan and Nami swimming.
- This is poking fun at the rumors of Ezreal's love interest. Some official sources point at Lux, while some people in the fandom joke about a possible Taric/Ezreal relationship.
- Pool Party Leona has a hidden Lunari symbol at the bottom right of the back of her shield/surfboard.
- Pool Party Leona was proposed by the community   
- She shares this theme with Ziggs, Lee Sin, Graves, Renekton, Zac, Dr. Mundo, Lulu, Rek'Sai and Draven.
- The theme behind Leona's PROJECT skin is one of the possible outcomes for Runeterra. In this alternate, apocalyptic future, Leona is part of the PROJECT Initiative, where members are augmented with cybernetics and other futuristic technology.
- On her promo page, she can be seen equipped with several enhancements:
- Hyper-Pulse Driver, system software program connected to the Mounted 9ND08 Energy Shield which incapacitates hostile targets when activated.
- Mounted 9ND08 Energy Shield, the shield itself is made out of energy plates and laser etched crux. Retractable energy plate engineered with titanium fittings provides maximum protection against burst attacks. Capable of blocking and stunning targets with operator energy assistance. Shield core is coated in lightweight polymer composite. Graphene latticework is designed for maximize mobility and weight distribution.
- Ion Charge Shield, system software program connected to the Mounted 9ND08 Energy Shield which incapacitates hostile targets when activated and protects the user from hostile fire with a Ion Charged matrix.
- H-Impact CTL Cylinder, The High Impact Control Cylinder is designed to target a hostile opponent and project the user towards it.
- Unknown, coded as Solar Flare.
- Her description is as followed: "Brilliance in pieces, shrouded in ethereal flame. Protector, light bringer. Lone voice. Stand and Fight. In death heavy fields, now still she stands, light washes over..."
- Her fully decrypted description is a voice clip: "Will sacrifice anything to protect".
- On the 2016 promo page, if you type in "PROTECTION", a quote will pop-up: 11- "She remembers sunlight."
- She shares this theme with PROJECT: Ashe [ | , PROJECT: Ekko [ | , PROJECT: Fiora [ | , PROJECT: Katarina [ | , PROJECT: Lucian [ | , PROJECT: Yi [ | , PROJECT: Yasuo [ | , and PROJECT: Zed [ | .
- Atreus once dueled with Leona and it was Pantheon that greeted Leona at the peak of Mount Targon when she was imbued with the Celestial powers of the Sun.
- Leona and Diana are adversaries, with Diana being the "Chosen of the Moon" and Leona being the "Chosen of the Sun".
- The "Chosen of the Moon" and the "Chosen of the Sun" depicted in the mural are not Diana and Leona, but their ancient predecessors.
- Related Themes
|Pool Party Theme|