- Playing As Leona
- Lead the charge and mark your foes with Sunlight before your allies deal damage.
- Shield of Daybreak and Zenith Blade form a powerful offensive combo.
- You can absorb a huge amount of damage using Eclipse, but you must stay near enemies to gain the bonus duration.
- Playing Against Leona
- When Leona activates Eclipse, you have three seconds to get away from her before she deals damage.
- Only foes in the center of Solar Flare get stunned, so you can often avoid this if you're quick.
- Ability Usage
- Maxing W will allow for more durability. Max W first if you want to be more durable in fights, as well as apply the most amount of sunlight
- Maxing Q will allow for more CC. Max Q first if you wish to apply more pressure on enemies
- Try and save your E for after an enemy uses a dash/blink
- Due to its low cooldown, Leona's ultimate should be used whenever possible, including picking off enemies, chasing or even fighting epic monsters
- During a teamfight, you should decide whether you want to use your Ultimate on a group of enemies or a backliner, based on who is more of a threat
- If possible, try and wait for your teammates to attack and enemy you have damaged to allow for the most application of Sunlight and damage
- Try activate your W first before initiating to increase the likelihood of damaging enemies and retaining the durability bonus
- Mastery Usage
- Bond of Stone or Strength of the Ages will allow for increased durability
- Grasp of the Undying can be used if you wish to play more offensively
- Item Usage
- As a melee tank, Relic Shield is a must, which should eventually be upgraded to a Face of the Mountain
- Sightstone should be purchased as soon as possible
- Purchase Ninja Tabi or Mercury's Treads to increase your durability, whether to absorb autoattacks or reduce CC
- Boots of Mobility will allow for roaming
- Locket of the Iron Solari is essential against both Physical and Magic Damage
- Frozen Heart or Randuin's Omen will allow for significant durability against AD
- Banshee's Veil allows you to deny one ability and absorb a good deal of AP
- A Sweeping Lens should be purchased after you have obtained a Sightstone, then swapped for an Oracle Alteration at level 9
- Leona can easily be kited after she uses her E
- Leona's ultimate has a small stun radius, so it can be easily avoided
- If you are caught by Leona from her E, you have a brief moment to Flash away before she can land her Q
- Leona's Ultimate has a short cooldown, so always be prepared for it
- Be wary when Leona activates her W, as it may mean she is preparing to fight