+50 ability power|
Defense > Health|
Magic > Ability Power
|Item cost||2900g (980g)|
Cost Analysis Edit
- The magic penetration stat and passive combined must have at least a value of 1020g for to be gold efficient.
Similar Items Edit
- is probably best for ability power champions that either can deal percent health magic damage like Amumu, Brand, Dr. Mundo, Elise, Evelynn, Fizz, Poppy, Malzahar Mordekaiser or Sejuani or have damage over time abilities like Amumu, Brand, Cassiopeia, Fiddlesticks, Gangplank, Malzahar, Rumble, Singed, Swain or Teemo.
- This item has synergy with items with crowd control effects, like or , because the item will apply the slow debuff and which will deal double damage.
- deals percent magic damage based on maximum health, while deals percent magic damage based on current health, which might intuitively seem to not synergize well together. However, because 's damage is reduced by the enemy's magic resist, its 15% damage amplification will still result in an overall increase to 's damage. will only have its maximum damage contribution mitigated if 's active is used when the opponent's current % health is below 100% - % damage reduction from resists and other factors. For example, if an opponent has an effective 40% magic damage reduction, it is efficient to use 's active while the opponent's current health is above 60% (100% - 40% = 60%). Ultimately, because is based on current health, its contribution becomes smaller as the opponent loses health; therefore, using 's active on an opponent with a % current health lower than this rule still generally results in a very small loss in efficiency. In practical application, any potential anti-synergy between the two items can be disregarded as negligible.
- Spell damage is not specific about damage type, both physical and magic damage spells work.
- Most abilities which apply On-hit effects such as Infinite Duress and Toxic Shot will not trigger . Also excluded are items with on-hit effects such as and .
- Certain damage dealing item actives will also work, such as , , and .
- ticks will tick 6 times at half second intervals. Each tick does 1% of enemy current health as magic damage. Damage from each tick is calculated individually.
- This effect checks on every tick if the enemy movement is impaired and will deal double the magic damage (2%) if true.
- The item was referred to as Liandry's Lament in several Riot posts, and is occasionally referred to as such.
- The item was originally going to be called Zephyr's Lament, but was later changed to Liandry's Torment.
- If a player checks the "death recap" after dying, if they were dealt damage by Liandry's Torment, the damage from this item has no icon and is refered as "zephyrslamentburn"
- The item was named after LiaNdrY, the leader of unofficial Russian client development team.