- magic damage like , , , , , , and , have damage over time abilities like , , , , , , , , , , and or both like . is best for ability power champions that either can deal percent health
- This item has synergy with items with crowd control effects, like , , , as these items apply a slow debuff which will cause to deal double damage; additionally, the health and/or armor from those items will stack well with the health from the item. Some examples of these as following: , , , , , , , , .
- Spell damage is not specific about damage type; physical, magic, and true damage spells work.
- Most abilities which apply On-hit effects such as and will not trigger . Also excluded are items with on-hit effects such as and .
- Activated item effects (e.g.
) will also work.
- This item's passive will not work with item passives which deal magic damage such as , , and itself.
- When factoring in magic resist, a magic penetration for a lower price when the target is at, or above 47 magic resistance. offers more
ticks will tick 6 times at half second intervals. Each tick does 1% of enemy current health as magic damage. Damage from each tick is calculated individually.
- This effect checks on every tick if the enemy movement is impaired and will deal double the magic damage (2%) if true.
- Like other current % health damage, it is impossible for Liandrys to kill any target.
- The Unique Passive's effects possibly refers to the Landry's Paralysis, better known as the .
- The item was referred to as "Liandry's Lament" in several Riot posts, and is occasionally referred to as such.
- The item was originally going to be called "Zephyr's Lament", but was later changed to Liandry's Torment.
- If a player checks the "death recap" after dying, if they were dealt damage by Liandry's Torment, the damage from this item has no icon and is referred as "zephyrslamentburn"
- The item was named after LiaNdrY, the leader of unofficial Russian client development team.