- Amumu, Brand, Elise, Evelynn, Fizz, Poppy, Malzahar, Mordekaiser or Sejuani or have damage over time abilities like Amumu, Anivia, Brand, Cassiopeia, Dr. Mundo, Fiddlesticks, Heimerdinger, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Rumble, Singed, Swain or Teemo. is best for ability power champions that either can deal percent health magic damage like
- This item has synergy with items with crowd control effects, like or , because the item will apply the slow debuff and which will deal double damage. Attack speed slows will also apply this effect.
- will slow champions on-spell-hit but the slow only lasts 1.5 seconds while the DoT occurs over 3 seconds, so only first half of DoT will be doubled.
- Spell damage is not specific about damage type; physical, magical, and true damage spells work.
- Most abilities which apply On-hit effects such as Infinite Duress and Toxic Shot will not trigger . Also excluded are items with on-hit effects such as and .
- Activated item effects (e.g. Smite will also work.
- This item's passive will not work with item passives which deal magic damage such as , and itself.
ticks will tick 6 times at half second intervals. Each tick does 1% of enemy current health as magic damage. Damage from each tick is calculated individually.
- This effect checks on every tick if the enemy movement is impaired and will deal double the magic damage (2%) if true.
- Like other current % health damage, it is imposible for Liandrys to kill any target.
- The Unique Passive's effects possibly reffers to the Landry's Paralysis, better known as the .
- The item was referred to as "Liandry's Lament" in several Riot posts, and is occasionally referred to as such.
- The item was originally going to be called "Zephyr's Lament", but was later changed to Liandry's Torment.
- If a player checks the "death recap" after dying, if they were dealt damage by Liandry's Torment, the damage from this item has no icon and is referred as "zephyrslamentburn"
- The item was named after LiaNdrY, the leader of unofficial Russian client development team.