Life steal is an offensive stat that converts a percentage of the physical damage dealt to health regained. A champion's basic attack, abilities that apply on-hit effects, and abilities that modify your next basic attack all benefit from lifesteal.
Life steal is calculated from the actual damage done to an enemy, after armor and all other forms of damage reduction. Almost all champions have 0% base life steal. It can be increased with items, runes, masteries, and some champion abilities.
Increasing life steal
- : +8% life steal, +10 attack damage. 800 gold.
- : +8% life steal, +25 attack damage. Unique Active: Target champion suffers 100 magic damage and is slowed by 25% for 2 seconds. 90 second cooldown and 450 range 1400 gold.
- : +10% life steal, +25 attack damage, +40% attack speed. Unique Passive: Your attacks deal 8% of the target's current health in physical damage (60 max vs. minions). Unique Active: Deals 10% of target champion's maximum health as physical damage and healing you for the same amount. Additionally, you steal 25% of the target's movement speed for 3 seconds. 90 second cooldown and 450 range. 3200 gold.
- : +10% life steal, +80 attack damage, +10% cooldown reduction. Unique Passive: Your basic attacks restore mana equal to between 2% and 8% of the physical damage dealt, based on your missing mana. 3200 gold.
- : Unique Passive: Falling below 50% health grants you 20% attack speed, 10% life steal, and 10% spell vamp until you exit combat. 30 second cooldown. +35 attack damage, +45 ability power. Passive: On autoattack or spellcast, increases your attack speed by 4% and ability power by 4. This buff lasts for 5 seconds and stacks up to 8 times. 2600 gold.
- : +12% life steal, +65 ability power, +45 attack damage, +20% spell vamp. Unique Passive: Your basic attacks and single target spells against champions reduce the cooldown of this item by 3 seconds. Unique Active: Deals 150 + 40% of your ability power as magic damage and slows the target champion's movement speed by 40% for 2 seconds. 60 second cooldown. 3400 gold.
- : +12% life steal, +75 attack damage, +15 health regeneration. Passive: Damage dealt by this item works with life steal. Unique Passive - Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your attack damage to units around your target - decaying down to 20% near the edge. Unique Active - Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your attack damage to units around you - decaying down to 60% near the edge. 10 second cooldown. 3300 gold.
- : Unique Aura: Nearby allied champions gain 10% life steal, and 20 attack damage. +250 health, 20% cooldown reduction. 2550 gold.
- : +3% life steal, +70 health, +7 attack damage. 440 gold.
- : +10% life steal, +45 attack damage. Unique passive: On hit, you gain +6 attack damage and +1% life steal for 4 seconds (maximum 5 stacks). 2275 gold.
- : +20% life steal, +80 attack damage. Passive: Your life steal overheals you, converting the excess healing into a shield that absorbs up to 50-350 damage and decays when out of combat for 25 seconds. 3500 gold.
Note: Only the life steal buff effect of these abilities is shown here, to read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them.
- Lee Sin's Iron Will grants 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25% life steal for 5 seconds.
- Nasus's Soul Eater passively grants him / / % life steal.
- Olaf's Vicious Strikes gives him 9 / 12 / 15 / 18 / 21% life steal for 6 seconds.
- Sion's Cannibalism grants him 50 / 75 / 100% life steal for 20 seconds.
- Warwick's Infinite Duress grants him 30% life steal for the duration of the ability.
- Udyr's Turtle Stance grants him 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 18% life steal while he is in this stance.
- Vampirism grants 1 / 2 / 3% life steal.
- Quintessences of Life Steal grant 0.84 / 1.17 / 1.5% life steal.
- "Spirit Visage's passive effect will increase life steal effectiveness (while this does not increase the actual stat, it is displayed that way in the champion statistics page [C])"
- Life steal stacks additively, and has no cap.
- Life steal will not heal from damage done to towers and inhibitors.
- Life steal will heal from all damage done to minions, monsters, pets and champions.
- Abilities that apply on-hit effects such as Mystic Shot and Parrrley will work with life steal.
- Life steal does not work for abilities that don't apply on-hit effects, nor with items actives like .
- Healing reduction effects like Ignite, and Tristana's Explosive Shot reduce the health restored by life steal. See Healing reduction for more information.
- The maximum achievable life steal is 222.6%, using Sion equipped with 1 , 4 , a , Vampirism at rank 3, three Greater Quintessences of Life Steal, a nearby teammate with , and using rank 3 Cannibalism.