Life steal is an offensive stat that converts a percentage of the physical damage dealt to health regained. A champion's basic attack, abilities that apply on-hit effects, and abilities that modify your next basic attack all benefit from lifesteal.
Life steal is calculated from the actual damage done to an enemy, after armor and all other forms of damage reduction. All champions have 0% base life steal. It can be increased with items, runes, masteries, and some champion abilities.
Increasing life steal
- : +8% life steal, +10 attack damage. 800 gold.
- : +8% life steal, +25 attack damage. Unique Active: Deals 100 magic damage and slows the target champion's movement speed by 25% for 2 second (90 second cooldown) (450 range). 1400 gold.
- : +10% life steal, +25 attack damage, +40% attack speed. Unique Passive: Basic attacks deal 8% of the target's current health as physical damage (60 max vs. minions). Unique Active: Deals 10% of target champion's maximum health (min. 100) as physical damage, heals for the same amount and steals 25% of the target's movement speed for 3 seconds (90 second cooldown) (450 range). 3200 gold.
- : +10% life steal, +80 attack damage, +10% cooldown reduction. Unique Passive: Basic attacks restore between 2% and 8% of the physical damage dealt as mana, based on your missing mana. 3200 gold.
- : Unique Passive: Falling below 50% health grants you +10% life steal, +20% attack speed, and +10% spell vamp until out of combat (30 second cooldown). +30 attack damage, +40 ability power. Passive: Basic attacks and spell casts grants +4% attack speed and +4 ability power for 8 seconds (stacks up to 8 times). 2600 gold.
- : +10% life steal, +40 attack damage, +80 ability power. Unique Passive : +20% spell vamp. Unique Passive: Basic attacks and single target spells against champions reduce the cooldown of this item by 3 seconds. Unique Active: Deals 150 + (40% AP) magic damage and slows the target champion's movement speed by 40% for 2 seconds (60 second cooldown). 3400 gold.
- : +12% life steal, +75 attack damage, +100% base health regeneration. Passive: Life steal applies to damage dealt by this item. Unique Passive – Cleave: Basic attacks deal 20% to 60% of your attack damage to units around your target – (20% AD near the edge). Unique Active – Crescent: Deals 60% to 100% of your attack damage to units around you – (60% AD near the edge) (10 second cooldown). 3300 gold.
- : Unique Aura: Nearby allied champions gain 10% life steal, and 20 attack damage. +250 health, +20% cooldown reduction. 2450 gold.
- : +3% life steal, +70 health, +7 attack damage. 440 gold.
- : +10% life steal, +45 attack damage. Unique Passive: Basic attacks grant +6 attack damage and +1% life steal for 8 seconds on hit (stacks up to 5 times). 2275 gold.
- : Unique Passive: +20% life steal, +80 attack damage. Unique Passive: Your basic attacks can now overheal you. Excess life is stored as a shield that can block 50-350 damage, based on champion level. This shield decays slowly if you haven't dealt or taken damage in the last 25 seconds. 3500 gold.
Note: Only the life steal buff effect of these abilities is shown here, to read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them.
- Lee Sin's Iron Will grants 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25% life steal for 5 seconds.
- Nasus's Soul Eater passively grants him / / % life steal.
- Olaf's Vicious Strikes gives him 9 / 12 / 15 / 18 / 21% life steal for 6 seconds.
- Warwick's Infinite Duress grants him 30% life steal for the duration of the ability.
- Udyr's Turtle Stance grants him 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 18% life steal while he is in this stance.
- Vampirism grants 1 / 2 / 3% life steal.
- Quintessences of Life Steal grant 0.84 / 1.17 / 1.5% life steal.
- passive will increase the life steal effectiveness, so if u have 10% Life Steal u will now have 12%, and not 30% Life Steal.
- Life steal stacks additively, and has no cap.
- Life steal will not heal from damage done to towers and inhibitors.
- Life steal will heal from all damage done to minions, monsters, pets and champions.
- Abilities that apply on-hit effects such as Mystic Shot and Parrrley will work with life steal.
- Life steal does not work for abilities that don't apply on-hit effects, nor with items actives like .
- Healing reduction effects like Ignite and Varus's Hail of Arrows reduce the health restored by life steal. See Healing reduction for more information.
- The maximum achievable life steal by a playable champion is 244.86% on Sion thanks to his passive, Glory in Death. To reach this amount, he must:
- This combination will result in Sion having 244.86% life steal.
- Relevant mathematics:
- Sion's life steal = (3 + 4.5 + 20 + (4 × 12) + 10 + 100) × (1.2 × 1.1) = 244.86%