Life steal is an offensive stat that restores health to the wielder for a percentage of all on-hit physical damage they deal, except for Corki's Basic attacks, which also applies life steal on magic damage. Basic attacks, abilities that apply on-hit effects, and abilities that modify basic attacks all benefit from lifesteal.
Life steal is calculated from the actual damage done to an enemy, after armor and all other forms of damage reduction. All champions have 0% base life steal. It can be increased with items, runes, masteries, and some champion abilities.
Increasing life steal
|950||10 %||Howling Abyss|
|1460||10 %||Black Market Brawlers|
|3200||12 %||Black Market Brawlers|
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.
- +3 life on hit :
- Unique Passive: Instantly heal for 15% of all physical damage dealt. Area of effect physical damage only heals 5% for every unit affected :
- Bloodlust: Dealing physical damage to champions heals for 15% of the damage dealt. :
- Unique Passive - Omnivore: Heal for 15% of damage dealt. 33% effective for Area of Effect damage. :
- +8% life steal vs. monsters. :
- Unique Passive - Lifegrip: When Lifeline triggers, +10% spell vamp, and +10% life steal until out of combat. :
- +10% life steal vs. monsters.Unique Passive - Tooth/Nail: Basic attacks deal 20 bonus damage vs. monsters. Damaging a monster steals 30 health over 5 seconds. Killing a Large monster grants +30 experience, Unique Passive - Challenging Smite: Smite can be cast on enemy champions, marking them for 4 seconds. While marked, basic attacks deal (54 + 6 × level) true damage over 3 seconds, you have vision of them, and their damage to you is reduced by 20%. 1000:
- Unique Passive: Increases effectiveness of all sources of healing including self-healing, health regen, life steal and spell vamp by 25% :
- +10% life steal vs. monsters.Unique Passive - Tooth/Nail: Basic attacks deal 20 bonus damage vs. monsters. Damaging a monster steals 30 health over 5 seconds. Killing a Large monster grants +30 experience, Unique Passive - Chilling Smite: Smite can be cast on enemy champions, dealing (20 + 8 × level) true damage and stealing 20% movement speed for 2 seconds. 1000:
- +10% life steal vs. monsters.Unique Passive - Tooth/Nail: Basic attacks deal 20 bonus damage vs. monsters. Damaging a monster steals 30 health over 5 seconds. Killing a Large monster grants +30 experience, Unique Active - Warding: Consumes a charge to place a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 150 seconds. Holds up to 2 charges which refills upon visiting the shop. (A player may only have 3 Stealth Wards on the map at one time. 1000:
Note: Only the life steal buff effect of these abilities is shown here, to read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them.
- Lee Sin's Iron Will grants 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25% life steal for 5 seconds.
- Nasus's Soul Eater permanently grants him % life steal.
- Olaf's Vicious Strikes gives him 14 / 16 / 18 / 20 / 22% life steal for 6 seconds.
- Sion's Glory in Death grants 100% life steal for the duration of the ability.
- Warwick's Infinite Duress grants him 30% life steal for the duration of the ability.
- Udyr's Turtle Stance grants him 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 18% life steal while he is in this stance.
- grants 0.4 / 0.8 / 1.2 / 1.6 / 2% life steal and spellvamp.
|Name||Type||Tier 1 (Lesser)||Tier 2 (Normal)||Tier 3 (Greater)|
|Quintessence|| 0.84 %
|1.17 %||1.5 %|
- Life steal stacks additively, and has no cap.
passive is a unique multiplicative increase, so if you had 10% life steal before, you will now have 12%, and not 30% life steal.
- 10% × 1.2 = 12% life steal.
- Life steal will not heal from damage done to towers and inhibitors.
- Life steal will heal from all damage done to minions, monsters, pets and champions.
- Abilities that apply on-hit effects such as Mystic Shot and Parrrley will work with life steal.
- Life steal does not work for abilities that don't apply on-hit effects, nor with item actives like with .
- Life steal does not work with True damage, for example Master Yi's Wuju Style.
- Healing reduction effects like Varus's Hail of Arrows reduce the health restored by life steal. and
- See Healing reduction for more information.
Last updated: June 25st 2016 - V6.12
- The maximum achievable life steal by a playable champion is 290.925% on Sion.
- Just considering the elements enlisted below, Sion's basic attack deal 497.72 (+ 10% of target's max. health) physical damage, and will restore up to 1447.9919 (+ 29.0925% of target's max. health).
- Runes: +4.5% Life Steal
- 3 × Greater Quintessences of Life Steal (+1.5% × 3 Life Steal)
- Masteries: +22% Life Steal
- 5 points in (+2% Life Steal)
- 1 points in (+20% Life Steal)
- Items: +74% Life Steal
- (+20% Life Steal)
- (+15% Life Steal)
- (+15% Life Steal)
- 2 × (+12% × 2 Life Steal)
- Buffs: +115% Life Steal
- Heal Amplification: +35% Heal Amp.
- (+25% Heal Amp.)
- (+8% Heal Amp.)
- Relevant mathematics: