|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Lissandra is the very last living Iceborn, an almost extinct race of powerful humanoids with several magical abilities.
- Lissandra does not use her name within the League in-story. To keep her cover as Lissandra in Freljord, she is only listed as "The Ice Witch" in the League.
- The Ice Witch's original name is Lissandra. When taking over Queen Mauvole, she named her successor Lissandra so when the Ice Witch took her identity, she reclaimed her own name.
- In one of her monologues, she mentions she lived before the fall of the Shuriman civilization ("before the Desert swallowed Shurima'"). Considering that Xerath's ascension also predates such events, they might have lived their original human lives at the same time.
- Lissandra possesses the only in-game monologue in League of Legends - 30 seconds after a victory in the Howling Abyss, she will begin a lengthy dialogue speaking about the Watchers, Serylda and Avarosa.
- Lissandra's is blind in the sense that her eyes do not work, mauled by an ursine prior to becoming Iceborn. However, she is capable of sensing her surroundings through ice.
- Lissandra's is the only champion to perform high screams and shouts when using any of her basic abilities (even for her ultimate that is more calmed, she still harshly "yells"). Combined with that fact that she is much more sensible to sounds due to her blindness, she may also use echo location to guide herself.
- Lissandra's appearance is similar to that of Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite of Magic: The Gathering.
- Lissandra's lore resembles story from Final Fantasy VIII where she possesses different sorceresses from different time periods, deceiving people to achieve her goal of ruling the world in all time periods. Her Ice Shard skill resembles sorceress Edea's Ice Strike.
- Lissandra's character shares a lot of similarities with Akasha from , including their eternal life, accent, quotes, and ambitions to destroy the world.
- Lissandra also slightly resembles Flemeth from Dragon Age, while Flemeth possesses and takes over her "daughter", Lissandra steals her successors' identity much like Flemeth with her daughters.
- The event between Ashe, Sejuani, and Lissandra is similar to "The Hunt is On!" called "Battle for Freljord". This makes it the second event to happen in-game but is not directly tied to the lore. However unlike "The Hunt is On" , the "Battle for Freljord" has no actual gameplay impact.
- Lissandra is, along with Caitlyn, Rumble, Sion, Varus, Vi, Xerath,and Ziggs, one of the few champions that can CC themselves.
- Lissandra remains the only champion to possess a unit-targeted ability ( Frozen Tomb) that can be self-cast but not ally-cast.
- Lissandra is the second champion to feature a monologue on her login screen, being preceded by Elise and succeeded by Lucian.
- Lissandra's black ice exists on planet Neptune
- A strange fog has appeared on Lissandra's page as of 10/12/2014. This fog has also appeared on Xerath, LeBlanc, Twisted Fate, Hecarim, Cassiopeia and Zed's pages on the League of legends website.
- This was revealed as a teaser for Kalista based on betrayers.
- Lissandra's joke "Is it cold in here, or is it just me?" is similar to Brand's joke "Is it hot in here or is it just me?!"
- Lissandra shares a quote with the Viking; "I am Iceborn".
- One of Lissandra's quotes "Plans within plans" is a phrase that is frequently used in the science fiction series .
- The bridge seen in her classic skin splash art is the same bridge in Howling Abyss.
- She shares the Bloodstone theme with Bloodstone Taric.
- Her splash art pose is the same as the pose of Marrow Shards. from card:
- Blade Queen Lissandra shares some similarities to the from the Dungeons & Dragons settings Greyhawk (the standard setting) and .
- Blade Queen Lissandra's blades and equipment can be a strike reference to the Ezrohir, a race from the game Torchlight 2. The Artificer being one of the strongest Ezrohir references.
- On Lissandra's Glacial Path skill, her claw is similar to the Articifer's claw.
- When she performs her ultimate and recalls, she and her enemies are entombed in an , a torture device used in the Middle Ages.
- The name of the skin might be a reference to 's self-styled title in Starcraft, Queen of Blades.
- Blade Queen Lissandra shares some similarities with the virus Hexadecimal from the CGI-animated series ReBoot.
- Centuries ago, there were three sisters: Avarosa, Serylda and Lissandra. They lived under reign of The Watchers who granted them power and immortality, dubbing them Iceborn. Avarosa started a rebellion against The Watchers, and Freljord was divided. Lissandra supplanted her own successors to hide her immortality, naming her final heir Lissandra so that she may claim her own name back. Ashe descends from Avarosa and Sejuani from Serylda, making Lissandra their great-aunt many times removed and an ancient relative.
- Anivia and Volibear were aware of the presence of a great evil in Freljord. This great evil is most likely The Ice Witch.
- Anivia was made aware of it by her ties with Freljord's magic. She felt it slowly being corrupted and turning it into black ice. The Ice Witch's magic is black ice.
- Volibear was made aware of it by the maelstrom's vision. He saw creatures of ice slaughter the remaining Ursines. These creatures are most likely the Watchers.
- Trundle made a deal with The Ice Witch after he tried to steal her enchanted ice club, Boneshiver. In exchange for it, he promised her a troll army, once he overthrew the chieftains of each troll tribe with the help of the club.
- According to Greyor, Lissandra was the leader of the Iceborn before the rebellion, making the hers.
- Sejuani currently owns the , although it is unknown how she got ahold of it.
- Lissandra first met Quinn and Valor in the Frostguard city.
- The Hermit's quote; "You want to be queen too?! Too many queens...", reveals one of her intentions.
- Lissandra could be the one who imprisoned Brand, as hinted in the Howling Abyss AMA.
- She is currently being hunted by Kalista.
- Main Theme
- Related Themes
- ↑ Lissandra, the Ice Witch, revealed. Retrieved on 2013-04-27. “Meddler (Ziggs, Varus and Syndra's designer) worked on Lissandra”
- ↑ Lissandra, the Ice Witch, revealed. Retrieved on 2013-04-27.
- ↑ So ... Is this "Lissandra" just an Evil Ice witch who killed the Original Liss?. Retrieved on 2013-04-27. “She named her successor Lissandra so when she took her identity she could reclaim her own name.”
- ↑ Lissandra is blind
- ↑ Who designed Lissandra? (Art/In Game Model). “To those talking about the Elesh Norn, I think you've hit the nail on the.. head..”
- ↑ http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/lissandra/
- ↑ Kitae talks about the identity of Lissandra
- ↑ Kitae confirms the modus operandi of the Ice Witch